aberdeen-music

New Element 106 song

Hog

Not to bad a tune like stick to the heavier side and you may get by !

The snare during the single kick blasts midway in the song is very low in the mix , also could be a wee bit tighter in parts but apart from that i could like it.

Cool, yep good points there Calum. This is basically unmastered and hardly mixed at all. We now need to save for a Byre recording:rockon: cos I have now idea how to record and I recorded the guitars:O (you can tell I have no idea what Im doing because you can hear me talking at the end)

Cool, yep good points there Calum. This is basically unmastered and hardly mixed at all. We now need to save for a Byre recording:rockon: cos I have now idea how to record and I recorded the guitars:O (you can tell I have no idea what Im doing because you can hear me talking at the end)

A bit of mixing would do the world of good - at times the drums almost disappear altogether. (apart from that 'kitten-sneeze' cymbal sound...) The guitars sound pretty good I think, but a more solid percussive prescence behind them would give the whole song a lot more balls.

Quite good though, really.

A bit of mixing would do the world of good - at times the drums almost disappear altogether. (apart from that 'kitten-sneeze' cymbal sound...) The guitars sound pretty good I think, but a more solid percussive prescence behind them would give the whole song a lot more balls.

Quite good though, really.

Thanks for the feedback Frosty. The current sound does not do our drummer justice at all (i wish he would buy triggers) infact I would buy triggers for him!

The mix is mince and I dont like the drum sound at all.

Cheers

Hog

Nah tell him to get his nappy off and play drums properly and nae cheat ... since he is a "god" drummer anyway hahahaha.

Narf narf.

Hehe,

Actually, maybe its not Toms, maybe its because I dont have a clue about mixing. Anyone good at mixing, mastering etc?

Hearing it in the car and at home yesterday:

The guitars need the high mids boosted a bit.

Snare MUST be turned up.

Kick drum isn't clicky enough - volume maaaaaaybe boosted but seems not bad at times.

Guitars maybe need the bottom end backed off a wee bit.

Other than that it's not bad for not being mixed or mastered yet :up:

sounds like it could be a good song but the recording is like a jobbie. mega sloppy jobbie.

i can hear the parts in the song but some drums that need to be there arnt, the would amp the song rather than accenutate it. the big kinda melody chorus spacey bit sounds really good though. when you playing next ill come have a gander.

sounds like it could be a good song but the recording is like a jobbie. mega sloppy jobbie.

i can hear the parts in the song but some drums that need to be there arnt, the would amp the song rather than accenutate it. the big kinda melody chorus spacey bit sounds really good though. when you playing next ill come have a gander.

Yeah, Im after someone who can sort out the drums for me...anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Not to bad a tune like stick to the heavier side and you may get by !

The snare during the single kick blasts midway in the song is very low in the mix , also could be a wee bit tighter in parts but apart from that i could like it.

Ha ha, thats cos they aint blasts mate, just 4/4 played rather quickly, you cant though as you say hear foooook all because of the mix, not our fault actually!!