aberdeen-music

Calling all bands! Charity event.

J

• 4 weeks later...
hey sup can we play and were is it write back to this comment th reason why i said do we get paid because it christmas eve huh u get to me asap

You're a character, I'll give you that. Christmas Eve, the 1st of July, it makes no difference, it's for CHARITY. Stop being such a greedy cunt. You play for charity to be charitable and raise cash.

hey sup can we play and were is it write back to this comment th reason why i said do we get paid because it christmas eve huh u get to me asap

Err...doesn't getting paid for it defeat the purpose of all the proceeds going to CHARITY?

And it doesn't fucking matter if it is christmas eve or not. I am sure the money is going to be used for a much greater cause than lining your own pocket.

Hold on, the kid might just have a point. If I was playing a charity gig, I'd expect 100% of the door takings (after fair expenses have been paid - such as paying for a drink for the bands and paying for the venue...poster costs/etc should be covered by the promoter as their contribution to charity) to go to the charity at hand. If the promoter was taking any sort of cut from the gig, it would only be fair to give the bands a small payment too, no?

Hold on, the kid might just have a point. If I was playing a charity gig, I'd expect 100% of the door takings (after fair expenses have been paid - such as paying for a drink for the bands and paying for the venue...poster costs/etc should be covered by the promoter as their contribution to charity) to go to the charity at hand. If the promoter was taking any sort of cut from the gig, it would only be fair to give the bands a small payment too, no?

All profit should really go to charity, or else you're misleading the punters.

Okay, maybe paying a band some sort of fee is understandable if it's a big time band that's going to haul in the crowds (breaking a few eggs to make an omlet), but for a nobody band - with an apparent short temper - the chance to do something nice and get a little exposure should be plenty.

You don't half speak some shite sometimes.

But a promotor should not take any cut from a charity gig, perhaps expenses but that is it. As for paying a band? Well maybe to cover their costs i.e they are a big band and have travelled.

This guy wants paid though, I bet he is not in MMW, : (, Estella, The Needles etc.

Hang on, does anyone know what the charity actually is here? Why the hell are you willing to play a charity gig without knowing who you're helping? Surely that just shows you don't care, other than to further your own band? Especially if you're asking to get paid for it. Obviously you want to play a gig, who doesn't, but don't do it under the pretence of doing it for charity. If you want to get exposure and get paid, go do it for yourself.

Just got my account sorted on here lets get this straight now people.

I wish I could quote everyone on here.. This thread was started for one purpose and we got a varied and confused reply.. however bands have contacted us (thank you).

The cause - a girl (10) drowned in the past May. Trapped under a rock. The money going to mountain rescue who tired to save her and also to build a playground. Her mother who is of a young age shall be attending the event.

Cloud - I'm sorry but as a NON-PROFITABLE promotions company JBC takes no earnings what so ever for themselves. Do to the cause the posters are going to cost nothing and thus ALL PROCEDES GO TO THE CHARITY!

Every yob (the swearing ones) - This is a public forum and if I was a parent reading a young childs intrests and pow the word c*** pops up I think we've just lost another musician to be (or their resorces atleast).

As for the rest (Camie etc) - THANK YOU for the support. Sorry about my typos.

Hang on, does anyone know what the charity actually is here? Why the hell are you willing to play a charity gig without knowing who you're helping? Surely that just shows you don't care, other than to further your own band? Especially if you're asking to get paid for it. Obviously you want to play a gig, who doesn't, but don't do it under the pretence of doing it for charity. If you want to get exposure and get paid, go do it for yourself.

I presume this was aimed more at 'carnivalcreation' than myself, even though I expressed an interest in playing this gig too.

I agree that it would most likely be for a worthwhile cause regardless (and I believe it is, having read J's latest post) though and I'm always willing to help if I can.

Just trying to clear confusion :up:

Yes' date=' please lets...and just in case my previous question was in any way ambiguous....

WHAT.

IS.

THE.

CHARITY.

IN.

QUESTION?

Cancer Research? Auld Folks? Sick Kids?[/quote']

The cause - a girl (10) drowned in the past May. Trapped under a rock. The money going to mountain rescue who tired to save her and also to build a playground. Her mother who is of a young age shall be attending the event.

Well that's that covered. :up:

Indeed. Atleast I know some people bothered to read my reply :p

Humble apologies :O - I missed that one after skipping past the usual mindless Aberdeen Music vitriol and mud-slinging.

As a father of an 8-year-old daughter, I can empathise. Happy to make a contribution.