aberdeen-music

Amy Winehouse

What do people think of Amy Winehouse's new single rehab? I heard it on the radio and thought it was ace (loving the Motown feel), only to find out that it was her. Previously, I had lumped Ms. Winehouse in with the coma inducing jazz like inoffensive poopery of Katie Melua and Nora Jones, but it seems I could be wrong. A friend of mine has bought her new album and says it's the bee's knees, but is he correct?

Guest DustyDeviada
What do people think of Amy Winehouse's new single rehab? I heard it on the radio and thought it was ace (loving the Motown feel), only to find out that it was her. Previously, I had lumped Ms. Winehouse in with the coma inducing jazz like inoffensive poopery of Katie Melua and Nora Jones, but it seems I could be wrong. A friend of mine has bought her new album and says it's the bee's knees, but is he correct?

Whatever the merits of the song, the production on it is amazing. Plenty of people go for a retro feel, but this track genuinely sounds like it was recorded in the 60s, amazing job.

Are the drums samples?

The track is rather cool, like a nice old 60's dusty springfield song, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere or do anything different after you have heard each section.

There's no dynamics to it at all, almost as if the few sections are just sequenced and repeated.

It sounds old, but at the same time too overly perfect.

I highly recomend her first album, I bought it when it first came out and it's one of my favourite albums. I wouldn't label her as 'inoffensive jazz poop' like Melua or Jones, her music has a lot more to say than either of those two. I really like Rehad I haven't bought her new album yet but probably will today, I heard her say she's dropped the jazz sound for it and gone for a 60s girl group sound on this album which i like the sound of.

In short - Winehouse - brilliant.

When's she's not completely drugged off her face she has a fantastic voice. She's certainly shown Christina Aguilera a thing or two about how to make a proper motown inspired record.

and she's got big hair.

I really like Amy Winehouse's new music, just watched her on Jools Holland. Christina wasn't trying to make a motown record, her album has a general jazz sound to some of the songs but others are completely different. Christina has an amazing voice, far superior to most of her contemporaries.