aberdeen-music

Investing in Aberdeen talent....

GraemeC

Ok, heres a question for you.... When I win the euro lottery on Friday (75,000,000) Its my turn you see, what would be good investments to give music in Aberdeen a boost....

Come on, help me spend some of this money.

G...

A venue around Drakes capacity?

And a solid gold guitar for Alan Cynic with the change.

a large not for profit integrated arts drop in centre for people aged 13-30 with a cafe, drakes sized music venue, gallery space, 2 rehearsal rooms, recording studio, art studios, multimedia suite, very small cinema for showing homemade and bedroom budget films, darkroom and photography studio. basically whitespace, peacock and the foyer all rolled into one convenient package and stick it in the old hmv building on union street so people can't miss it. operate it on a membership scheme and a pay on the door scheme.

speak to first about offering subsidised bus tickets for members coming in from all over the north-east. staff it with mainly volunteers from all areas of the cultural industries in the north east. bring schools in during the day as well as taking equipment out to schools for demonstrations. a large, modern and welcoming building fully stocked and staffed to get young people motivated and interested in music and art could be great for aberdeen.

i'm not saying whitespace, peacock or the foyer do anything wrong at the moment, just that perhaps they're not as well known as they could be and can maybe be a bit intimidating for new people to get into. none of them are particularly easy to find if you don't know the area either.

Guest bluesxman
a large not for profit integrated arts drop in centre for people aged 13-30 with a cafe, drakes sized music venue, gallery space, 2 rehearsal rooms, recording studio, art studios, multimedia suite, very small cinema for showing homemade and bedroom budget films, darkroom and photography studio. basically whitespace, peacock and the foyer all rolled into one convenient package and stick it in the old hmv building on union street so people can't miss it. operate it on a membership scheme and a pay on the door scheme.

speak to first about offering subsidised bus tickets for members coming in from all over the north-east. staff it with mainly volunteers from all areas of the cultural industries in the north east. bring schools in during the day as well as taking equipment out to schools for demonstrations. a large, modern and welcoming building fully stocked and staffed to get young people motivated and interested in music and art could be great for aberdeen.

i'm not saying whitespace, peacock or the foyer do anything wrong at the moment, just that perhaps they're not as well known as they could be and can maybe be a bit intimidating for new people to get into. none of them are particularly easy to find if you don't know the area either.

Why the cut off??(

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, when I win the Euro millions on Friday, I won't be investing anything in the Aberdeen music scene. Unless you consider buying myself lots of 1959 Les Pauls an investment in the Aberdeen music scene. ;)

Not bad for 7 in the morning. They certainly need to do something with that HMV building. That must be about 7 years it's been sitting empty.

I think they'd struggle to staff it with volunteers. And anyway G's got 75million to spend, he can afford to pay a few small salaries.

Guest Neubeatz

I really think that there is enough daddies money around the aburdeed spewsic scene anyway, You would be better placed giving the money to a less fickle and shallow cause :up:

Guest Neubeatz

In fact G, you could put a large chunk of the dosh toward the site here,

some dosh to remove the need for sponsors, and enough to employ some non biased moderators would suffice, :up:

In fact G, you could put a large chunk of the dosh toward the site here,

some dosh to remove the need for sponsors, and enough to employ some non biased moderators would suffice, :up:

Cant see how thats going to benefit anyone as far as music's concerned....I might sneak Neil a few grand to delete some accounts......hmmmm...'strokes chin'

G...

invest in these

Arbiter Flats drums - with them I can go busking as they are very portable, allowing me to busk in the town centre .

Arbiter Flats Lite Rack - NEW Rack Mounting System -

A new improved version of one of the Uk's best drum sets.

The rack is formed from 16 gauge steel, offering greater stability and durability. The snare drum now features a throw-off system, and a greater tuning range.

The Arbiter Flats Lite Drum Kit is a complete drum set in a box. With 10, 12 and 14" toms, a 12" snare drum and a 20" bass and Canadian-built cymbals. Naturally Flats Lite drums use Arbiter's progressive single-screw tuning system (so the drummer can hear where his sound is going and know exactly where to stop), as well as black ABS shells and glass-filled nylon Vee-clamps. This amazingly strong material is also used to mould the plates to connect the tom and bass receiver blocks to the drums. These plates accept the legs and tom holders to support the drums and help to create an instrument which is lighter than its predecessors, yet still sounds like a drum set, plays like a drum set, stands still when you hit it but fits neatly into any tight corner!

Specifications:

Portable 5-Piece Drum Kit

New Rack mounting system

10, 12 and 14 Toms

12 Snare

Canadian-manufactured cymbal set including all mounting brackets and hi-hats stand

One-touch tuning system

Drum stool included

Optional carry-case set

THE VERDICT

The latest chapter in the Flats saga looks set to bring in another whole raft of users. If the prospect of buying and playing a conventional kit is as problematic to you as it is most young players. Flats Rack could be exactly the kit you've been hoping for. It may not be as visually appealing as a conventional 5 piece outfit, but a kit that can be played any place, any time, then packed away out of sight has much to recommend it - particularly when it sounds as good as this.

IN STOCK READY FOR DESPATCH! - FREE STOOL & STICKS

*This bit is simply to avoid the 8 character issue, the important reply to your quote is shown below*

:laughing:

You really wanted to say..."feck off ye fat bastard" but your scared I really might win the £75million on Friday...then youd have to really suck up to me....:king:

Oh and I wont be furnishing anyone with guitars built after 1969....sorry!

Arbiter Flats drums - with them I can go busking as they are very portable, allowing me to busk in the town centre .

Arbiter Flats Lite Rack - NEW Rack Mounting System -

A new improved version of one of the Uk's best drum sets.

The rack is formed from 16 gauge steel, offering greater stability and durability. The snare drum now features a throw-off system, and a greater tuning range.

The Arbiter Flats Lite Drum Kit is a complete drum set in a box. With 10, 12 and 14" toms, a 12" snare drum and a 20" bass and Canadian-built cymbals. Naturally Flats Lite drums use Arbiter's progressive single-screw tuning system (so the drummer can hear where his sound is going and know exactly where to stop), as well as black ABS shells and glass-filled nylon Vee-clamps. This amazingly strong material is also used to mould the plates to connect the tom and bass receiver blocks to the drums. These plates accept the legs and tom holders to support the drums and help to create an instrument which is lighter than its predecessors, yet still sounds like a drum set, plays like a drum set, stands still when you hit it but fits neatly into any tight corner!

Specifications:

Portable 5-Piece Drum Kit

New Rack mounting system

10”, 12” and 14” Toms

12” Snare

Canadian-manufactured cymbal set including all mounting brackets and hi-hats stand

One-touch tuning system

Drum stool included

Optional carry-case set

THE VERDICT

The latest chapter in the Flats saga looks set to bring in another whole raft of users. If the prospect of buying and playing a conventional kit is as problematic to you as it is most young players. Flats Rack could be exactly the kit you've been hoping for. It may not be as visually appealing as a conventional 5 piece outfit, but a kit that can be played any place, any time, then packed away out of sight has much to recommend it - particularly when it sounds as good as this.

IN STOCK READY FOR DESPATCH! - FREE STOOL & STICKS

Unfortunately playing these, you look like a fanny! C'mon. Nae pretty! I doubt these would help Aberdeen talent either. I know if you set up outside my shop I'd want to throttle you after about 5 minutes! I remember walking across Dam Square and all you could hear was talentless drum bashing crusty's looking for a cheap buck and ruining the ambience. I wanted to kick everyone of the fuckers in the head!