aberdeen-music

Want a Record Deal or a Free Demo Review? Now seeking talent...

imgmusic

has anyone ever had to pay for a demo review? i don't understand. is that like when you open a magazine and it says "advertising feature" or "nme" at the top?

don't let vampiric musical promotion corporations suck money out of YOUR music ever. there's a free consultation for ya.

• Upvote 1

This is pretty much straight advertising... don't people have to pay for this sort of exposure on a website?

I donate my 3 quid a month to not have to put up with this.

considering they're an american company as well i'm fairly sure they just trawl the internet spamming their ads everywhere.

HAHA, you guys are PRICELESS.

Someone posts something that might be of some real use to the so-called 'un-tapped' resource of Aberdeen bands and you shoot it down in flames.

If any of you bothered to read the page, you'll see that it's FREE to get onto their 'books' for a limited time.

Jesus, with people like you around, I HOPE none of your bands from Aberdeen 'make it'.

Someone posts something that might be of some real use to the so-called 'un-tapped' resource of Aberdeen bands and you shoot it down in flames.

If any of you bothered to read the page, you'll see that it's FREE to get onto their 'books' for a limited time.

Jesus, with people like you around, I HOPE none of your bands from Aberdeen 'make it'.

Michty!!!

Who stole your scone?

It's not the first time something like this has been posted up.

What can I say, we're a sceptical bunch.

Looks like their way of scamming people involves getting you to submit music, they tell you that it's great and that people are interested, but they take money off you to tell you who is interested.

Let's be honest, if they were worthwhile, why isn't there any telephone/address details on the site? Any reputable business would have no problem telling you how to contact them...

Looks like their way of scamming people involves getting you to submit music, they tell you that it's great and that people are interested, but they take money off you to tell you who is interested.

Let's be honest, if they were worthwhile, why isn't there any telephone/address details on the site? Any reputable business would have no problem telling you how to contact them...

You could always send them an e-mail questioning their legitimacy. It will be answered within 2 working days.....

I like this bit: "To leave this website click here."

:D

I don't need to say anything, Dave said enough :)

just couldn't do it could you. :rolleyes:

Course not :D

To be honest, what could they really offer that plain old fashioned hard work couldn't offer?

contacts and a foot in the door. however i doubt there is any suitable bands for the type of deal they're marketing you for in aberdeen just now. it's certainly not for me hence my response.

like you say, hard work will do most of what they offer and no one knows who to aim your music at better than the people that wrote it. if you're interested in this thing you'd be just as well entering x-factor and be done with it.

contacts and a foot in the door. however i doubt there is any suitable bands for the type of deal they're marketing you for in aberdeen just now. it's certainly not for me hence my response.

like you say, hard work will do most of what they offer and no one knows who to aim your music at better than the people that wrote it. if you're interested in this thing you'd be just as well entering x-factor and be done with it.

Exactly.

• 6 months later...

Thank you for your interest.

IMG Music Promotions Inc. works with artists on a world wide level, in most popular genres of music, with a solid reputation for promoting only quality musicians, singers and songwriters.

To ensure that only the most promising talent is represented, IMG Music Promotions Inc. utilizes a strict review criteria which is an in-depth report providing a professional, detailed assessment of an artist's material to determine overall commercial viability in today's music markets based on the following aspects of a demonstration and/or finished recording:

Production Quality, Audio Performance Quality, Visual Performance Quality, Instrumentation Quality, Vocal Quality, Song Quality and Song Merit. Music Review Service Also Includes a rating of Artist Image, Top Song Selection(s) and Recommendations.

Thank you again for your interest.

IMG Music Promotions Inc. works with artists on a world wide level, in most popular genres of music, with a solid reputation for promoting only quality musicians, singers and songwriters.

To ensure that only the most promising talent is represented, IMG Music Promotions Inc. utilizes a strict review criteria which is an in-depth report providing a professional, detailed assessment of an artist's material to determine overall commercial viability in today's music markets based on the following aspects of a demonstration and/or finished recording:

Production Quality, Audio Performance Quality, Visual Performance Quality, Instrumentation Quality, Vocal Quality, Song Quality and Song Merit. Music Review Service Also Includes a rating of Artist Image, Top Song Selection(s) and Recommendations.

VOMIT-TASTIC, YOU WORM!

That really is the most depressing thing I've read in a long time.