aberdeen-music

3 NEW Killswitch Engage songs....

Dan G

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=68376939

Mildly disappointed to be honest.

They're decent enough songs with some good riffs, but it's nothing that wasn't done as well as or better on 'End of Heartache' which in my opinion was good but not as good as the mighty 'Alive or Just Breathing'.

I'm still well looking forward to the album though.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=68376939

Mildly disappointed to be honest.

They're decent enough songs with some good riffs, but it's nothing that wasn't done as well as or better on 'End of Heartache' which in my opinion was good but not as good as the mighty 'Alive or Just Breathing'.

I'm still well looking forward to the album though.

Yeah, i had the same feeling when i listened to them to be honest. I thought they were a bit samey and hadn't shown much of a progression from the last record. As you say there's some great riffs in there but on a whole it left me feeling a bit underwhelmed. Thats not to say i don't like it, but i think they're capable of much more.

I will still by the cd when it comes out though, maybe they're all growers.

• 1 month later...

I bought the album and i can honestly say its not been out of my cd player since, it was definately a grower though. The production is fucking amazing and the songs are good. The vocal dynamics and the guitar work, whilst being nothing new are of a much higher standard than most of the other metalcore bands that are also around at the moment.

Not a progression from 'End Of Heartache' really, but who needs progression when it maintains a level of quality thats unsurpassed at the moment?

The only other metal albums that have grabbed me this year so far have been:

I Killed The Prom Queen- Music For The Recently Deceased

Mastodon- Blood Mountain

Deftones- Saturday Night Wrist

The last album that i was as impressed by the level of production was Parkway Drive's debut, which was also produced by Adam D.

Got this yesterday and it's ace.

The one thing that's been screaming out at me about it is they seem to have been listening to Metallica a lot. Track 2 IS Four Horsemen, and there seems to be lots of other little bits that remind me of pre-90's Metallica in it.