aberdeen-music

All Female band needs you !!

JenJen

Hi there,

I'm setting up an all Female band. We already have keys and one singer but we're looking for a front line of three or four singers and ofcourse lead guitar, bass and drummer - although I'm not holding my breath with finding a female drummer but you never know there may be one out there !!

You wont be expected to pay out for any practice room costs as I am financing all costs myself.

We're looking to use a wide range of styles, Lucy Sylvas, Robbie Williams, Aretha Franklin, Tom Jones, KT Tunstall, Christina Aguilera, James Blunt, Stevie Wonder, 80's and 90's classics - anything with good scope for excellent harmony and powerful vocals.

Interested? We could take Aberdeen by storm !! I've already run a successfull band like this in the Midlands a few years ago but had to relocate here with work in 2003.

So come on ......................... Females - lets show them what we can do.

Fingers crossed !!:rockon: :rockon:

Well for a starter I own two successful businesses, without trying to blow my own trumpet, so I can afford it. Also if I were to say when and where the practices where to be and for how long then I should be the one paying for it. In my mind, if I recruited someone for one of my businesses, then asking them to pay towards the cost of running it would be stupid - I'd never get anyone to work for me. Am I unusual then?

hi i am unfortunately not a girl but a bassist who is looking for exactly this kind of band, i've been playing for 11 years and as a payment to take me i could persuade the best female vocalist i ve ever known (who is actually my girlfriend) to come and sing :) ...

Seriously are you interested ?

Am I interested? Absolutely !! Tell me more about the two of you by email

jennyewers@hotmail.com

what experience have you had to date etc.

Cheers

Jennifer

Ha!!!!

I think my daughter attended your drama school for a while

You described her as "having the best voice of a 6-year-old you'd ever heard" in her annual report.

I was well pleased !!!!

Her name is Amy

all femal band.

hiya jennifer.

guess what??? i am a female and i am a drummer.

are you still looking for one?

im a bit rusty but id not take long to get back into the swing of things.

im very very interested in getting involved and have a few nights to spare a week.

unfortunately i dont have my own kit, so dont know how that affects things.

let me know if i can be of service

hope to hear from you soon.

lynette

Well for a starter I own two successful businesses' date=' without trying to blow my own trumpet, so I can afford it. Also if I were to say when and where the practices where to be and for how long then I should be the one paying for it. In my mind, if I recruited someone for one of my businesses, then asking them to pay towards the cost of running it would be stupid - I'd never get anyone to work for me. Am I unusual then?[/quote']

Does that mean when you make money you will take it all?

Well for a starter I own two successful businesses' date=' without trying to blow my own trumpet, so I can afford it. Also if I were to say when and where the practices where to be and for how long then I should be the one paying for it. In my mind, if I recruited someone for one of my businesses, then asking them to pay towards the cost of running it would be stupid - I'd never get anyone to work for me. Am I unusual then?[/quote']

Cool, so that means they will be employees... hows about minimum wage and 9 months maternity allowance?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Backing singers still needed?

Hiya,

I'm tryng to get into singing with people in Aberdeen. My main experience is singing around campfires and friends with guitars. I've got a bluesy voice and I like harmonies, I can read music and read people I'm playing with. This band you're trying to put together sounds right up my street. If there's still space for me give me an email on yakamalaya@hotmail.com

Becka