aberdeen-music

Blackadder

Mick Maverik

Guest Bob Double Jack

1: Blackadder 2

2: Blackadder Goes Forth

3: Blackadder the Third

4: (and only because it is the only space left) - The Black Adder (which was rubbish)

Even if Blackadder Back and Forth was the only series, i would not even rate it above a blank space. a feeble end to a great british institution. typical fucking sky

1)Blackadder 2nd

2)Blackadder Goes Fourth

3)Blackadder 3rd

4)Blackadder

Every character in that show was brilliant, even the guest stars.

I never seen Blackadder Back and Forth(thankfully!), although I wouldn't include it as it was pretty much ended by Blackadder Goes Fourth when Blackadder died.

Any show that has Rowan Atkinson' date=' Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie and Tony Robinson in it couldn't possibly be bad.[/quote']

...with cameos from chris barrie and rik mayall aswell! I can't think of any other historically-themed sitcom as good as blackadder. The final series was taking a bit too close to modern times though, it lost some of it's appeal for me at that stage.

...with cameos from chris barrie and rik mayall aswell! I can't think of any other historically-themed sitcom as good as blackadder. The final series was taking a bit too close to modern times though' date=' it lost some of it's appeal for me at that stage.[/quote']

Agreed. The 4th series, although still excellent, lost some of the 2nd and 3rd's magic...

this is really strange, i bought the entire collection t'other day too, i've gome to the conclusion though that i totally have to be in the mood for blackadder otherwise i'll just not enjoy it. I can sit here and chorttle until my sides are sore for laughing, or i can sit there and think what the fuck is this...

however

blackadder the third

blackadder goes fourth

blackadder ii

the blackadder

i've also got a special place in my heart for blackadder's christmas carol

...with cameos from chris barrie and rik mayall aswell! I can't think of any other historically-themed sitcom as good as blackadder. The final series was taking a bit too close to modern times though' date=' it lost some of it's appeal for me at that stage.[/quote']

Chris Barrie?

Which season?

Rik Mayal and Adrian Edmondson were hilarious when they appeared.

Guest DustyDeviada
1) blackadder 2

2) blackadder 3

3) blackadder 4

4) blackadder

Ding ding, we have a winner.

The first series was good too though, "The Jumping Jew of Jerusalem", class stuff. Performances from Peter Cook and Brian Blessed too.

The Christmas special was good as well, as was the one they did for Comic Relief with Steven Fry sending up Prince Charles.

I never seen Blackadder Back and Forth(thankfully!)' date=' although I wouldn't include it as it was pretty much ended by Blackadder Goes Fourth when Blackadder died.[/quote']

Blackadder died at the end of every series, it's just that in Blackadder Goes Forth the finale (i.e. the death scene) was portrayed in a more "real" sense and not for laughs.

The first series was a bit shit but it did explain the premise.

In Blackadder II he is murdered along with every other character, and thinking about it, the only series he doesn't die in is series III.

At the end of series II the murderer (I can't remember who - was it Hugh Lawrie?) assumes the indentity of Queen Elizabeth, which would make sense in the world of Blackadder since his descendant is Prince Regent in III.

Series 3 mate' date=' the Scarlet Pimpernel episode. He plays a revolutionary.[/quote']

No, I cannot do that. For I am an evil revolutionary and have killed the ambassador and have turned him into pate.

In Blackadder II he is murdered along with every other character' date=' and thinking about it, the only series he doesn't die in is series III.

At the end of series II the murderer (I can't remember who - was it Hugh Lawrie?) assumes the indentity of Queen Elizabeth, which would make sense in the world of Blackadder since his descendant is Prince Regent in III.[/quote']

Technically Blackadder does die at the end of series 3, he swaps places with Hugh Lawrie, and Hugh Lawrie (who is now Blackadder), gets shot by Wellington. Blackadder is then accepted by "mad" King George: "for the first time in my life I have a real fatherly feeling towards you, people say I am mad and say the word penguin after every sentence, but together we will rule the world, you as Prince Regent, and I as King penguin."

Aye, it was Hugh Lawrie who killed everyone at the end of series two, playing a German bloke, can't remember the name, but that also ties in with King George being German.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Aye' date=' it was Hugh Lawrie who killed everyone at the end of series two, playing a German bloke, can't remember the name, but that also ties in with King George being German.[/quote']

Prince Ludwig, I think.

And they must have filmed two endings, on my copy, Blackadder stabs him while Ludwig is disguised as a cow.