aberdeen-music

Man Utd v Celtic

delboy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tell me about it. As an aging bald git I feel it my duty to warn you youngsters against giving in to violence. Eeeeh, I can remember my first ever visit to Old Trafford. It was 1976, before many of you were born, we lost 1-2 to Blackburn, but I did get a Man U meat and potato pie at half time, split half of it down my scarf. But I was happy.

....well I wasn't. We'd just lost, but it was different in those days. For one, it was the 1st divison....erm I seem have lost the thread of what I was saying, but anyway.

Make love not war.

hurrah, for that old Fergie hairdrier magic and we're in the lead again. I wonder how many minutes it'll last this time.

pete

inthehills

Then why can't you react accordingly? You say 'At his age'.. Your the one doing the name-calling!!

And quite frankly' date=' you don't get away with calling people names to their face, so why should it be any differant online? Especially in a city forum..

If you get a visit, don't be surprised. The 'Idiot' is pissed at you.[/quote']

I've spoken to 'Jaseyboi' off this site, everything's cool (i think).

End of story

Peterborough - shitehole indeed. At least their pish wee railway station that I spent an hour in was. Great Yarmouth too. What a dilapidation of a place! Was in Cambridge not long ago and walked past the stadium. Thought it looked a nice wee ground if a bit unkempt! Liked Cambridge too although there seemed to be a heap of fucking students knocking about......

my home city does have its fair share of students!!! though few are to be found at the abbey stadium on a saturday afternoon! and it is a nice wee ground for what it is, shame we dont own it anymore :down: (long story!!!!) also good that other people too have experienced the shitehole that is peterboro - shit city and shit football team (although we are the latter as well at the mo but the only way is up!)

anyway back to the game, a smashing advert for British football. the more i see it the more i dont think it was a man u pen but over the 90 mins they just about did enough to win the game. credit to celtic, they gave it a real good go and as a spectacle it was great viewing.

Nae luck Celtic' date=' but Jimmy Vinegar of Castlemilk has made a good start to his Taig career don't you think?

DZL

Ps - just back from Captain Tom's, where I put in a Van Vossen of a performance - just awful. Had it been football, I would have made Bob Malcolm look like a silky-skilled player.[/quote']

van vossen now there's a blast from the past - i remember a conversation i had with zombie munch in the pub one night about the various turkies the old firm have signed over the years, van vossens name came up!

that tall lanky dutch fella with the silly name is a celtic legend in the making, also though the japanese fella played very well.

dont get to see any scottish football over here in ireland but since setanta have got the rights to the conference next season and are threatening to show 80 odd live games i shall be subscribing next season but i'll need to be living in a flat that can receive sky or freeview something delboy hq can't get at the mo :down:

i was cooking for/met the celtic squad on friday evening

strachan is a legend' date=' gravesen is a bloody nice bloke[/quote']

nice bloke graveson may be but he wont want to look at the sloppy play of his that led to two of the man u goals!!! to be fair though i thought he had a solid game.

to be fair though i thought he had a solid game.

I thought he was pish. Caught in possession all through the game and hardly completed a pass.

Well done to Celtic though, it was a pretty good game and Man Utd had to rely on a dodgy penalty to get back in the game. I despise Boruc but his performance was outstanding last night.

Great game last night. Man U just had that extra bit of quality in their passing and didn't make as many errors. Wilson and Caldwell are Dundee Utd and Hibs quality respectively though.......and Jarosik?! What is he even meant to be? That was the first time I've seen him and I thought he looked bloody awful. A Willem Van Der Ark type? I think I'll be putting Saha in the dream team, this could be his season. I forgot how good he was because he wasn't first pick last season.

i was cooking for/met the celtic squad on friday evening

strachan is a legend' date=' gravesen is a bloody nice bloke[/quote']

Did you get their autographs to flog on Ebay, Maxi???!!!!!!!

Gravesen aiways comes across as a nice bloke so i'm glad he really is. Good player but he fucked up big style last night!

This is the Champions League Del' date=' not the conference. If your sloppy play leads to two goals, you haven't had a solid game.[/quote']

it makes no difference what league your in footballs football!!! most of our narrow defeats this season have come from from sloppy schoolboy defending.

but fair point anyone who gives away goals like that didnt have a solid game, statemement retracted! :up:

This is the Champions League Del' date=' not the conference. If your sloppy play leads to two goals, you haven't had a solid game.[/quote']

Have to agree with this. Thought Graveson had a poor game, but still, only his second game so will reserve judgement till he has settled in. To be honest, I think he will come good. I think the back 4 were solid and was disappointed to see Wilson go off.

Ciaranx