aberdeen-music

What would you like us to cover?

Mac Atom

2 mins to midnight but please dont stop doin the trooper>

2 mins to midnight would indeed be a most righteous cover and one id certainly be willing to pay good money to hear Joe bellowing out. And dont worry the person slagging your cover of the trooper had better watch out, I dont know who you are mate but i will know and then there will be trouble!!!

Personally i remember my own first few atom gigs boys and being fucking bemused at how good a likeness you boys were able to get it.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Regards the demon lord of pitbeadlie!!!

P.S managed not to soil any tattie fields this summer.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Len Atom

I think Overture 1928 would be a great cover. It's instrumental - MENTAL - being the operative word, but it's ace!

The Prisoner, Die With Your Boots On or Revelations would get my nod.

As for Metallica, I'm not fussy but a bit of warning for the early stuff would be nice to I can warm up by calf muscles!

Oh and the theme tune to Cheers....

You can't do 1928 overture, i claimed that cover months ago! LOL:band:

Originally posted by Cammy

Dude, Element should definitely cover some Dimmu or something. Could you guys play the insight and the catharsis?

Hey Cammy, my favourite dimmu song!! CAn just about play it, it's just the speed of the double bass at the start which is almost in reach now!!

Either that or Hybrid Stigmata - The Apostasy, they played that before we went on stage at Moshulu on sunday night!!

Excellent

:band::cheers:

Re: Re: What would you like us to cover?

Originally posted by Philip Johnston

I'd love to hear you cover 21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson... please.

When it comes to the fast instrumental bit, you could get Jo to do impressions of the screaming man from the cover of the album!!

fuck! that was bizarre!

reading through the thread thinking about 'sons of satan praise the lord' and what entombed could have done better, and just as i was thinking about 21st century schizoid man, paged down to Phil's post.

Reckon mac could do better than alex (dunno if uffe did the solo for that, though)- suppose if atom did it they could always blag Phil for the sax solo and do it more like the original...

Guest -PurpleHaze-

i reckon u guys shud try...

maiden-prowler or strange world

machine head-blood, sweat, tears (if u can)

or Bruce Dickenson-itallian drummer (or a name 2 that equivelent) now that wud b a show 2 remember...

think about it. :up:

Originally posted by Superterrorizer

How about crionics or tormentor by slayer.

Slaughtered by pantera

Bark at the moon(ozzy) and maybe Tomorrows dream(sabbath)

Joe doing Phil Anselmo?

Cant quite see that one... although Bark at the moon would be an ace idea! They should definitely try that one....

Originally posted by Mac Atom

Hi everyone

Here's the deal - we've been playing The Trooper for quite a while now and we reckon it may be time to introduce something new. We have played "The Brave" by Blaze a couple of times but we're not sure if this is gonna be a permanent/ongoing thing. What do you think of it?

Here's where you guys come in.. what do you, the atomites, want to hear us play? We've had a few discussions about it within the band and we've never managed to make up our minds.

So, what'll it be? More Maiden? maybe Metallica? or Ozzy? we'll consider anything and depending on a couple of factors (mainly difficulty :dunce: ) we'll make a decision at some point and let y'all know.

Can't wait to hear all your suggestions.... have fun!!

:headbang:

- Mac

How about you actually write something yourself. Covers are sad as fuck!