aberdeen-music

Gauging interest: Ginger(of The Wildhearts)

Camie

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Oh, and yes.

If this doesn't happen now I'll be forever gutted at "what could have been."

Are we talking about a potential solo acoustic show here, anyway?

Chris is right, this would easily be a sell out whatever format the show would take!

Are we talking about a potential solo acoustic show here' date=' anyway?

Chris is right, this would easily be a sell out whatever format the show would take![/quote']

I heard his most recent solo dates were all well quiet. I think the only way it would sell out is if he re-formed the Wildhearts. I don't think a Sonic Circus gig would even be that well attended to be honest.

But don't be put off! I'd come and see Ginger.

I heard his most recent solo dates were all well quiet. I think the only way it would sell out is if he re-formed the Wildhearts. I don't think a Sonic Circus gig would even be that well attended to be honest.

But don't be put off! I'd come and see Ginger.

Man, I never heard about that. That's nae good news.

I'm sure all us Aberdeen fans would fill up the venue, though? We know better than the rest of the U.K.

I honestly think a solo Ginger gig could be teh best thing ever. Or the worst - they're pretty hit and miss, aren't they? Imagine we got a "Grevious Acoustic behaviour" vibe going.

I'm dreaming again.

Wildhearts and AC/DC at the AECC is still the best gig I've ever seen. And it was my first bigee. It made me believe in live rock music. I owe it all to Ginger and Angus! That's why, for me, it would be so good to see Ginger up close and solo.

*prevents self from going on ramble*

great song writer? Pssssht.

Sorry... I'm leaving the thread. Good luck in getting him booked' date=' folks.[/quote']

Each to their own, kiddo!

But I certainly think that Ginger is consistently one of the best lyricists in the past two decades.

Have you heard 29 x The Pain? Genius. Jonesing For Jones? Genius. Miles Away Girl? Genius. The list goes on.

The Bullshit Goes On..............

Guest bluesxman
Indeed. Each to their own. I know shitloads of people that adore the guy.

I'm beginning to think I'm part of a small minority. :p

I guess I'm part of your minority. I thought the Wildhearts were shite and hence have had no desire to pay attention to Ginger solo.

Incidentally FOPP were selling a live double CD of his for a fiver for those who do like him :up:

Guest bluesxman
And I thought I was the only one here who thought that!

To be fair I haven't heard them in about 10 years and sometimes my assessments of bands has changed with the benefit of time passing, but I can't see it happening in this case. They just did nothing for me at all. I'm trying to recall if I ever saw them live, I've a feeling they maybe played support at a Barrowlands gig I was at but can't remember. Alice In Chains possibly?

Not today' date=' Galvatron :p

(I'm not sure why, but I'm actually really suprised you like The Wildhearts... here's me thinking you only like good bands hohoho).[/quote']

Part of my dark/mysterious past...

Summer days spent as a 15 year old painting a house halfcut with mates, listening to Pitchshifter, Rancid, Millencolin, Therapy?, Wildhearts... the list goes on.

Guest bluesxman
I'll add my name to the "The Wildhearts Were Shite" list - saw them live about four times ('DC support / Alice In Chains Support / Reading Festival / Motorhead Support if i remember correctly) and was bored senseless each time.

But' date=' hey, each to their own n'all.....[/quote']

Was that at Barrowlands??(

Fuck sake, fars that Lucifer when you need some back - up.............

With this amount of negativity it's probably just as well Ginger ain't coming!

I'm off to listen to P.H.U.Q........................................................................