aberdeen-music

Gauging interest: Ginger(of The Wildhearts)

Camie

I'm trying to recall if I ever saw them live' date=' I've a feeling they maybe played support at a Barrowlands gig I was at but can't remember. Alice In Chains possibly?[/quote']

that's the fella!

ace gig, the AIC set went out on radio1. i still have a tape of that somewhere...

that was the first time i saw the wildhearts, although i was somewhat disappointed the screaming trees had pulled out - the wildhearts were their late replacements....

Guest bluesxman
that's the fella!

ace gig' date=' the AIC set went out on radio1. i still have a tape of that somewhere...

that was the first time i saw the wildhearts, although i was somewhat disappointed the screaming trees had pulled out - the wildhearts were their late replacements....[/quote']

Aye, one of my mates was near suicidal that it wasn't Screaming Trees supporting as per rest of the tour. And with hindsight (wasn't yet familiar with them, my mate gave me a blast afterwards which led to my Lanegan obsessions) it was a pisser. I have a bootleg CD of that very AIC set at home somewhere actually.

I'd forgotten I'd actually seen the Wildhearts till this thread appeared and my ageing memory was jogged....

that's the fella!

ace gig' date=' the AIC set went out on radio1. i still have a tape of that somewhere...

that was the first time i saw the wildhearts, although i was somewhat disappointed the screaming trees had pulled out - the wildhearts were their late replacements....[/quote']

fuck... it's all coming back to me now!

The Wild-fucking-bastard-hearts instead of The Screaming Trees!! No wonder, i don't like them.....!!!!!!

That's upset me - a whole 13 years and 4 months after it first upset me!

Burnham & co, you are fools. Ginger and The Wildhearts are up there with The Who, Led Zep, The Clash, Black Sabbath ect in terms of great British musical heroes. Legends, you could say. They would have been the biggest band in the world if not for the drugs, fights...

Also, Danny is forming a new band with Chris May (Robochrist/Catylyst/Sisters of Mercy/a million other bands)

Burnham & co' date=' you are fools. Ginger and The Wildhearts are up there with The Who, Led Zep, The Clash, Black Sabbath ect in terms of great British musical heroes. Legends, you could say. They would have been the biggest band in the world if not for the drugs, fights...[/quote']

Umm... slight exaggeration....

Umm... slight exaggeration....

Not at all - they have blown it big style over the years through drink / drugs / shite record labels but marketed correctly and slightly "watered down" the 'Hearts could easily have been as big as any of these groups. The had / have the perfect combination of metal / rock and pop hooks big on choruses.

Anyway, we'll never know, so it's all down to conjecture, innit?

But Mr. Lucifer is right :up:

Also' date=' Danny is forming a new band with Chris May (Robochrist/Catylyst/Sisters of Mercy/a million other bands)[/quote']

Could be very intersting if he is willing to make a good go of it.

Is our hero cleaned up and ready for action now? I sincerley hope so.

Guest bluesxman
Burnham & co' date=' you are fools. Ginger and The Wildhearts are up there with The Who, Led Zep, The Clash, Black Sabbath ect in terms of great British musical heroes. Legends, you could say. They would have been the biggest band in the world if not for the drugs, fights...[/quote']

....crap music......:up:

When i was djing in the palace about 8 to 10 years ago there were tons of people asking for Wildhearts, they would still go and see him play in Aberdeen dont think they would travel to see him, but i guess Wildearts are better than ginger on his own.

There was a few songs i like by them, not many but there ok, not enough widley guitar solos for me.