aberdeen-music

all tomorrows parties discussion thread

j.turgenev

Guest Mr Blastcap

arcwelder!

general mutilation is off to ATP, i imagine he'll be down the front at shellac going "steeeeeeeveee you fuuuuuuckin rule duuuude!" or maybe not, i'm not the best judge of character.

its a bit like t in the park, but with no girls.........which is a bit shit really.

I soo wanted to go, al "fickle" n the boys have a shalet, and I am sure I'll be hearing all about it soon enough...bastards.

I wanted to see shellac and Tortoise for ages...and there was my chance...

I've a good feeling that new material from both bands will be out soon (the last time shellac played, they played the watch song, and about a month later, a new LP was out, with the watch song on it...)

Oh, how my fingers are crossed.

tears of pure deerhoof.

Tis one of the best lineups i have ever seen but far too much hassle to go. Would cost atleast 200 and there just ain't enough punters to finance that for me. Yup work is drying up now i'm getting older, they only like you when you're young and hairless.

Pity Boredoms weren't in weekend 2 lineup, might have convinced me to finance my trip illegally.

The last time I saw Tortoise they were very clinical. Seen them 3 or 4 times now. 1st time when they came over for the 1st time down in London. Much more organic then. Saw them at ATP when they were curating. Amazing weekend - Boards of Canada, Autechre,The sea and cake, Hamid Drake, Television...oh yeah!

Interesting slant on Tortoise and the whole Post - rock thing in this month's wire magazine.

Originally posted by Ben AWOL:

The last time I saw Tortoise they were very clinical. Seen them 3 or 4 times now. 1st time when they came over for the 1st time down in London. Much more organic then. Saw them at ATP when they were curating. Amazing weekend - Boards of Canada, Autechre,The sea and cake, Hamid Drake, Television...oh yeah!

I think I would prefer to see of the many Tortoise offshoots rather than the band themselves. Unless they were playing Djed and their earlier dubbier stuff or an improv set with The Ex or whatever...

The ATP 1.0 compilation is one of the best around and contains many of the acts that Ben mentions.

Dave