aberdeen-music

Where was all the ska fans?

kirkt

Went to see Toots and the Maytals with my little brother on Sunday. Proper authentic ska from Jamaica. Were fuckin immense. All those people who enjoyed ReelBigFish at Moshulu last year missed out on the band who originally did "Monkey Man". Funky Kingston and Pressure Drop plus all the rest of the classics were here. Great crowd though I was suprised there hardly any younger peeps there.

I was there and got to watch the whole thing for free

:up:

best concert i have ever been too, the music was really my kind of thing and it was amazing to see a performer who was so in touch with the crowd.

As it was Kirk T' date=' it should technically have been:

'Ay up, were wus all t'ska fans then eh?'[/quote']

'Ay up chuck, wea wus all t'ska fans then eh?'

that plug was far slyer than mine' date=' jamie. i doff my cap to such expertise :)[/quote']

Glad you liked it - hope Barbar Luck goes well for you. Should be a good un.

Does anyone know why Ska defies the conventions of grammar? - I'm sure there's a 2-Tone compilation called "This R 2-Tone" too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Time to revive this post as This R 2-Tone are on this Saturday with support from the Harringtons (magic name)

This 'R' 2 Tone

Saturday 14th October

£7.50 (£5 concessions and Regulars)

Doors open: 9pm Show starts: 10pm

The Lemon Tree

Box office: 01224 642230

A massive hit on their previous visits, This ‘R’ 2-Tone are a dedicated nine piece ska band, delivering a high energy, moonstomping show, incorporating the sounds of The Specials, Madness, The Beat and Bad Manners. These Edinburgh rude boys convey ska at it’s very best, pushing the legacy of 2-Tone further with the introduction of lighting, video visuals, and DJs to fuel their vision that will be . . .s k a d a n c e c r a z e !

www.skadancecraze.com