aberdeen-music

Sensible Soccer 2006

Chris

The Guardian's GamesBlog are already calling Sensi Soccer the game of the year based on their review copy alone. Has anyone played the demos that are kicking about on magazine covers just now? Does anyone think it's going to be a disappointment?

Personally I've just pre-ordered it and I can't wait. My only fear is that they make it (like the recently released plug andplay version) more like the grossly inferior console versions than the brilliant Amiga version.

the only game where u could score from the halfway line and feel truely proud :D

i personally loved the fact in a 2 leg match you could win one game 6-0 and just press Esc on the next and still win 6-5 :)

and all the funky fake teams they had

still the best footie game ever i've ever played :)

Fuck' date=' thats totally random :p

[/quote']

that's going in the grinds my gears thread that. how is it random? it's not random in any way whatsoever! it's not like this the game was randomly generated by monkeys bashing computers until they randomly created the game code.

sorry, just one of those things that bugs me :)

that's going in the grinds my gears thread that. how is it random? it's not random in any way whatsoever! it's not like this the game was randomly generated by monkeys bashing computers until they randomly created the game code.

sorry' date=' just one of those things that bugs me :)[/quote']

bugs me as well.

it's about as random as me spotting an article on gamesblog about the game and then wondering if anyone else is looking forward to it...

• 3 weeks later...

first impressions: ace. plays just like I wanted it to.

The only downsides are thus:

it's a little strange playing with no commentary track after years of Fifa and Pro Evo

There's no scotland. Bastards. There is Aberdeen though.

hmm what are you guys on? its really wank. played a few games of it today and it just feels so clumsy and rushed its unreal. really confusing game to play i feel.

i soo wanted it to be good, but feel massively let down. i took my anger out by beating some english dude 7-0 at SWOS online. :)

hmm what are you guys on? its really wank. played a few games of it today and it just feels so clumsy and rushed its unreal. really confusing game to play i feel.

i soo wanted it to be good' date=' but feel massively let down. i took my anger out by beating some english dude 7-0 at SWOS online. :)[/quote']

having played it a bit more it's obviously not perfect. there are glitches with the keeper that annoy me but I still think it plays like Sensi and that's all that matters. To my opinion it's more like sensible soccer than SWOS, which is a shame but maybe they'll build on it and we can see a return of swos in the future.

The one thing that really annoys me is if you want to play with a formation other than the default, it will remember between games that you've changed the formation but it won't remember that you swapped all the players round so they were in position. Having to fuck around with that before every game is a right pain.

when i put it out at work' date=' i thought it looked crap and was suprised to see it at number 4, i must have a try now[/quote']

pfft, the yoof of today.

sensible soccer is what real football games were about back in the day, none of this super realistic physic and graphics. it was all about the fun.

the new one's alright, as chris says not quite swos but close enough to be enjoyable. hopefully they'll iron out the creases and we'll get what we deserve next time.