aberdeen-music

babyshambles gig in doubt

There was a massive articulated truck out the back at around 9:15 this morning.

Plus they had a stack of police cones round the back too, suggesting they might be used.

All the 'cancelled' speculation seems to be the inexplicable rumour mongering that comes as part and parcel with anything Pete Doherty related.

Ignore that. The source was a dodgy Swiss interview from a free newspaper. Adam's (drummer) posted a MySpace bullitin (yesterday) saying everything would be fine' date=' having previously been unsure whether the gigs would go ahead.[/quote']

Good because i really can't be arsed devoting a night to watching one of his junkie mates plonk away on an acoustic and then find out that he ain't there and have to go through the rigmarole of getting a refund. I was actually looking forward to this gig, i've grown to appreciate him a bit more musically and lyrically (still think he's a wanker though), so i'll be disappointed if he's a no-show

no sure they are queing....probably hoping to meet pete

yeah there forming an orderly queue outside the main door, if they were there to meet pete you would think they would stand out the back or the side where the bus parks, idiots, im not gonna head down til about half 8 i think. Really wish i could drink but better not if ive got an exam at 9am

this may spoil some peoples element of surprise and excitement but if they play the same set as last night they will play

time for heroes and what katie did, aswell as most of the babyshambles album and a few new songs like stone me what a life and the blinding

Tonight

Right folks, the tickets say doors 7pm. I was at the glasgow barras gig in february, it said doors 7.30pm and pete didn't come on till ten to 11, and there were 5 support bands. I can't be dicked doing all that hanging around again, I just wanna see the shambles. When do you guys reckon he'll come on stage? I was thinking of going in at about 9.

Thoughts?