aberdeen-music

so whos going on holiday this summer?

Marc

Guest Tam o' Shantie

fuck knows if i can afford one, i haven't been able to for the last 6 years so dunno what 's gonna magically change this time round! that said, i don't see what's stopping me going to france or something plus 10ew will be touring or something i hope

Guest Tam o' Shantie

quick question - where do folk get the hundreds of pounds for a modest holiday, let alone the finance to go on a serious one? i've lost count of the amount of students + general people who go off to Japan, USA etc. what's the secret?! am i forever bound to skegness? :p

working a part time job and saving like a bastard is going to be my top secret plan;

going to tokyo but planning on going off at the start of september and going midweek to midweek to reduce costs, plus trying to buy decent package deals/hunt for cheap flights and hotels yourself also reduces the costs.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

how does a part time job earn you hundreds of pounds when you have your costs of living? i work full time and can barely keep myself afloat just now!

going to canada for two weeks in august. starting in calgary for two days then upto banff for four nights then flying over to montreal and toronto. it's gonna be a blast! a blast i tell you!

You lucky, lucky person. Getting to Canada is something that I really want to do, particularly Calgary (and one day, getting to see the Flames play).

I've already been to Tallinn, Riga, Warsaw and Berlin this year, and I'm intending on doing a few more European capitals towards the end of the year.

Guest Hon Jonda
how does a part time job earn you hundreds of pounds when you have your costs of living? i work full time and can barely keep myself afloat just now!

£25 per week into a tin or bank account

book online for the cheapest deals

quick question - where do folk get the hundreds of pounds for a modest holiday' date=' let alone the finance to go on a serious one? i've lost count of the amount of students + general people who go off to Japan, USA etc. what's the secret?! am i forever bound to skegness? :p[/quote']

we booked online and saved a good few hundred, student loans are really nice aswell, see i work part time and can get by on my wage for paying rent, bills and going out a few times a week, dont buy anything too much special then when i get my loans i use them for something really good and useful, like guitars, car insurance and holidays, ok so my loans last a matter of days but my wages get me by the rest of the year

Had hoped to go back to Canada for a couple of weeks but that's been put off til Easter due to the huge flight prices. Instead looks like I'll be venturing over to the Emerald Isle with a couple of mates for a week or so, hopefully take in both Dublin and Belfast too - looking forward to it!

Had hoped to go back to Canada for a couple of weeks but that's been put off til Easter due to the huge flight prices. Instead looks like I'll be venturing over to the Emerald Isle with a couple of mates for a week or so' date=' hopefully take in both Dublin and Belfast too - looking forward to it![/color']

really? my fiance has a skill. she is a cheap flight finder. i swear she's missed her calling and should start her own holiday company.

A day trip to stonehaven is about all my budget will ever permit....I've never been on holiday in my life' date=' and have seen enough holiday showdown TV programs to realise they are a waste of time/money.[/quote']

i wouldn't judge holidays on what a bunch of freeloading attention seekers think is a good holiday.

they're what you make of em, personally i think there's so much to see in the world it would be a shame to stay in aberdeen. even in scotland there's plenty of places worth going on holiday if you get the chance and it can be done cheaply if you're prepared to camp. but saying that there's just me and the missus to worry about and i wouldn't have been able to do canada without my fiance who booked it all with her money(i've already paid half back and i should have the rest for her in the next couple of weeks).

I'm heading off on holiday for the first time without family in June. 4 of us girls are going to Salou for a week. Theme park, water park and Barcelona :D We're flying from Glasgow, seeing the All-American Rejects the night before and the day we go is also the best friend's birthday. Pool-side cocktail celebrations, woo! I'm not too hot on the old saving up business but my last installment of the student pennies is going toward it and I've done some overtime over the Easter break off uni.

Also, if things go to plan, to celebrate my step-dad's 50th and brother's 21st, we're hoping to head to New York right after exams. Fingers and toes crossed!

going to canada for two weeks in august. starting in calgary for two days then upto banff for four nights then flying over to montreal and toronto. it's gonna be a blast! a blast i tell you!

I was in Banff last month (couple of weeks skiing), its a great little town, stunning scenery. (And Cloud, i was dragged along to a flames game last time i was there, don't get hockey but my friend loved it)

I'm thinking of going on Safari in Africa this summer, found a cheap deal, just need to find cheap flights. Either that or a trip to Thailand/Cambodia (again, found a cheap deal)

I love holidays