aberdeen-music

Pete Doherty

Guest bluesxman

i always find it bizarre when people attack Doherty for drug use, yet will cite so many bands with drug problems as influential to them. the fact hes open about it is just a consequence of how accessible he is, and always been, even before he was tabloid fodder. the upside to this is the volume of unreleased demos he himself sticks up online.

fair enough his music might not be to everyones taste but people should at least see passed his drug use before deciding if he is shit or not.

ok so i tried not to comment on this thread coz its always full of mindless coments but ah well, i bought up the bracket in 2002 when i wasnt a huge music fan, yeah i liked indie music and didnt like pop music at all but i wasnt a huge gig go-er or whatever. From the first time i heard the album i was amazed, for me it was everything u could want in an album. Got really into the libertines and loved the demos that pete put out over the net. Hes been amazing when ever ive seen him live and the libertines were the best live band going at that time. Whatever people say, the libertines woke up a very quiet music scene. Then pete got hard into his drugs and everything changed. The second album is not what either pete or carl wanted and was hugely dissapointing, although songs like music when the lights go out and the man who would be king are amazing. Pete could have went onto huge things and his music could have done the talking, but it never happened. However seen dirty pretty things live and they were great, carl gets overlooked for the work he put into the libertines.

Guest Craig C
well I'm of the opinion Pete does have talent' date=' bag loads of it, so really that puts an end to your argument. what does this tell us? that music, and how talent is percieved, is subjective, lets celebrate it.[/quote']

I could not agree more, but Pete Doherty is shite!

well I'm of the opinion Pete does have talent' date=' bag loads of it, so really that puts an end to your argument. what does this tell us? that music, and how talent is percieved, is subjective, lets celebrate it.[/quote']

The thing is that Devin Townsend (guy in my signature) has not washed his hair because he is bipolar and he didnt take his medication at the time of the photo (seriously) so he could experiment with how it would affect his songwriting/way of thinking. So what is Petes excuse?

The thing is that Devin Townsend (guy in my signature) has not washed his hair because he is bipolar and he didnt take his medication at the time of the photo (seriously) so he could experiment with how it would affect his songwriting/way of thinking. So what is Petes excuse?

That's a reason. Pete's excuse is 'I'm a twat and can't help it'. He also has a drug problem and we can look at that in a few different ways. Me I take the harsh view of him being a twat. Lock him up like everyone else for crying out loud, I'm sick of his face!

I blame the 'industry' myself. It's what would happen if Willy Wonka had given the factory to Augustus Gloop.

He needs help, but instead he's being actively encouraged to propagate the myth of the wasted tortured genius. Both by his record company, pr people etc., and by the gullible fans who fall for it and call him a legend. His job is to produce quality music, that's what he should be getting paid for. He should have people helping him to get away from the drugs and back to the music. Instead he's got sadists throwing drugs at him and saying "Haha! Brilliant! He's fallen over again! Quick, give him another wrap!"

The industry actively want him to carry on getting in the papers whatever way he can, and this way seems to be working very well for them. They just hope he doesn't die too soon...

I blame the 'industry' myself. It's what would happen if Willy Wonka had given the factory to Augustus Gloop.

He needs help' date=' but instead he's being actively encouraged to propagate the myth of the wasted tortured genius. Both by his record company, pr people etc., and by the gullible fans who fall for it and call him a legend. His job is to produce quality music, that's what he should be getting paid for. He should have people helping him to get away from the drugs and back to the music. Instead he's got sadists throwing drugs at him and saying "Haha! Brilliant! He's fallen over again! Quick, give him another wrap!"

The industry actively want him to carry on getting in the papers whatever way he can, and this way seems to be working very well for them. They just hope he doesn't die [i']too soon...

I said this in my head, HONEST!

Although I am now going hang around Lorelie gigs with bottles of wine for the drummer, you know, it's thirsty work and all that.

:laughing:

He needs help' date=' but instead he's being actively encouraged to propagate the myth of the wasted tortured genius. Both by his record company, pr people etc., and by the gullible fans who fall for it and call him a legend. His job is to produce quality music, that's what he should be getting paid for. He should have people helping him to get away from the drugs and back to the music. Instead he's got sadists throwing drugs at him and saying "Haha! Brilliant! He's fallen over again! Quick, give him another wrap!"

The industry actively want him to carry on getting in the papers whatever way he can, and this way seems to be working very well for them. They just hope he doesn't die [i']too soon...

his media craze hasnt really did that great for his record sales tho, down in albion didnt sell near as much as they planned it would

Guest bluesxman

Can one of the powers that be now close this, I just thought the initial description was amusing 4 pages of Doherty attention is more than the wee drug addled f**kpig deserves....I should have known better, etc...