aberdeen-music

30 years of punk rock music in Aberdeen

Biz

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeenat Bortastic and the Eclectic Melontrons - 62Club -25p admittance
Zeenat Bortastic and the Eclectic Melontrons - 62Club -25p admittance with live samples of a 1 year old kid greeting - looks like nothing has changed in 30 yrs.
Zeenat Bortastic and the Eclectic Melontrons - 62Club -25p admittance with live samples of a 1 year old kid greeting - looks like nothing has changed in 30 yrs.

So funny you had to post it three times and look up my profile to get my age... sad!

aye...

You can't trust the Poastal service nowadays,they need to get it right for a change.

Pat.jpg

Gonnae no be such a miserablist and tak yer intoxicated by the exuberance o yer ain diversity personae to a less worthwhile thread,or just continue wi the marmite motorway greetin faced whinging lang haired bead wearing minor chord playing bufterangus lickin gouranga shoutin thread hi jacking audience enticin blethra shite?

Do you mean this guy?

http://www.mikeparkmusic.com/

I just watched this guys video - he plays accoustic guitar -and I do not see anything punk rock about it-I would have to file him under namby pamby' date='so I doubt if this will cause any problems with a clash of dates- I intend to have exciting energetic humorous acts -accoustic guitars and soft music will NOT be allowed.

August the 6th will be an all day celebration of punk rock,with some tasty reggae sounds on the wheels of steel to give those ears a short break between the bands.[/quote']

...hahahahah, awesome! Well he was in one of thee most influential ska punk bands of the 90s: Skankin Pickle and then went on to front the Chinkees who are even better! Now he is touring about on his own because of his love of music, and yeah he plays acoustic and it obviously doesn't sound like ure classic 'punk' but he has more punk/DIY ethics in his little finger than any1 else in the business.. He runs his own hugely successful independant label, Asian Man Records out of his garage with only 1 employee! So Im gonna have to contest ure namby pamby filing Biz!

Steve

You can't trust the Poastal service nowadays' date='they need to get it right for a change.

[img']http://www.aberdeen-music.com/galleries/files/5/3/2/Pat.jpg

Gonnae no be such a miserablist and tak yer intoxicated by the exuberance o yer ain diversity personae to a less worthwhile thread,or just continue wi the marmite motorway greetin faced whinging lang haired bead wearing minor chord playing bufterangus lickin gouranga shoutin thread hi jacking audience enticin blethra shite?

:laughing:

Pssst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC8C9pVTlMw&search=donovan

enjoy!:kiss:

Oh yeah?

Namby Pamby shite...I'll never be sixteen again. And I've grown up since then!

I spy with my little eye a certain person getting down to the Alt punk sounds of Le Reno Amps,I believe they cross the boundries of both namby and punk very elequently and if you want I could entice them with a big wad of dosh to participate...how much would you pay to see 8 punk / punk influenced bands and a couple of eclectic DJs note -there WILL NOT be any boy bandish new punk type shennanigans and I seriously doubt if there will be any extreme noise stuff either but if Le Reno or similar take part I will have to even out the namby /punk ratio with a little King Liar type shennanigans.

Lets vote on how much joe public will be willing to happily pay.

15 10 5 7 6 4 or a typical 12 like so much of the namby gigs are noo adays...the decision is YOURS.

like say... Mercedes ? I don't think so...

Mon the hecklers and less of the SHHHH SHHHhhhh Shhhhh I canna hear my knitting needles klicking' date=' fae Mein Commandant and the anti fun brigade.

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N87RQnMCpE

Yes, 16again is pub rock... and that clip does your band no favours.

24Zinat3.jpg

jeez, you really need to pay more attention.

As its 30years in August since punk rock emerged' date=' can i ask where & when was the 1st punk rock played in Aberdeen?

Details please[/quote']

Eradicate Feb 1996 at the YMCA...everything before that was pish :D

Oh yeah this band should play...if you don't like this...you're namby pamby!! :D

http://www.keilan303.demon.co.uk/clip_of_crisis_genx_penetration.mp3

I was there first time round and not awfy interested in revisiting. I like trawling through my old punk records and getting all nostalgic but have absolutley zero interest in going back there... I'm off to listen to some "namby pamby shite" with my 9 yr old playing Greenday and Iron Maiden in the background and then I'll stick on some of mi Desalvo to me moving.

I like your promoter style Biz. Book a date then stick up a post asking if anyone would be interested in playing a 'pysuedo-neo-post-modern-deconstructionist rivival day'?

o_O

Please stop telling us 'it was all so much better back then'. You sound like my late Grandparents!

:nono::)

so define punk for me then mr maxwell.

I'll jump in with my hungover tuppence worth

Tribute acts are not: creative in any shape or form

Getting paid shitloads to play other peoples music

not appealing to the kids just their Parents/Grandparents.

Just my thoughts on it and they mean jack shit :)