aberdeen-music

Aberdeen venues capacities?

Biz

I was afraid this might happen

you can not believe everything you read,even on venues sites.

Once again... can anyone who knows the ACTUAL capacities enlighten me?,save guessing and mis informing for other threads ,I really need someone to reply that has first hand experience ,perhaps a sound engineer or promoter,cheers Biz

around 550 does not cut it

300? etc does not help me,nice links though

you can not believe everything you read' date='even on venues sites.

Once again... can anyone who knows the ACTUAL capacities enlighten me?,save guessing and mis informing for other threads ,I really need someone to reply that has first hand experience ,perhaps a sound engineer or promoter,cheers Biz

around 550 does not cut it

300? etc does not help me,nice links though[/quote']

You'll find it hard to get a straight answer from the venues themselves Biz.

If you need to be that exact' date=' maybe try asking the Council, environmental health, or the Fire Brigade? They might have a list of official figures.[/quote']

I've been told there are no official capacities, several times by several different bar owners otherwise I would think I was talking out my .

tickets for future events

No point in getting 400 tickets printed if the venue holds 300!

How much people can safely be in Drummonds at the same time?

I intend taking up name acts and need the capacities of venues to get an idea of how little I can charge the public.

I believe in keeping the ticket/ door charges as low as possible as I want the bands to play to as many people as possible.

I intend taking up name acts and need the capacities of venues to get an idea of how little I can charge the public.

I believe in keeping the ticket/ door charges as low as possible as I want the bands to play to as many people as possible.

Best bet is to ask Eric himself really, he'll be the one who can tell you how many you can safely get in there.

most venues should have an official figure. because to open they should get told a capacity based on the floor space and fire exits

but the rule for it is stupid. take enw years for example, they got told they could only let in like 12,000 people. but that left heaps of room cause everyone was all close to teh stage and people would have cause riots if they couldnt get in, knownig there was all that space. so they let in about 25000 in the end.

Surely once you've got the act booked into an appropriate sized venue, which those ball park figures are good enough for, is when you need to know about the actual capacities, if it's only ticket price you're concerned with.

You can't print tickets without the venue on them anyway.

I'm pretty sure Eric told me that Drummonds safety capacity was 300 but in general he preferred to limit gigs to 250-275 so there was actually room to breathe.

Cheers

Stuart

Name acts? Expand...

Biz Promotions...

No one booked younger the 43 yrs of age becuase only the oldies 'will' remember good ole punk!

:laughing:;)

Oh dear

GOOD name acts require upwards of 1000, I do not want to be personally out of pocket, but I do want to pay the headliners and support bands/DJs and pay for all the texts/phone calls/posters etc.

I do NOT want to be a promoter/manager but have done it for years as I can not find a manager or promoter to sort it all out,bear in mind I have organised literally hundreds of gigs in Scotland and never made a loss, ANY TAKERS to get 16again and aka SKA profitable and busy gigs in 2006 ? all I want to do is play the drums,managing/promoting is a thankless task which everyone seems to think is a piece of piss until they try it.

In my view playing to 200 + punters at 5 is better than playing to 100 or less at 10.