aberdeen-music

Megadeth....

Dan G

well Metallica are fine if you only listen to their first 4 albums... Black Album onward is just utter dump.

Load is sooo shit, Reload is total shit, S&M - what the fuck?? and finally... St Anger - seriously?? St Anger is worse than most of the Limp Bizkit songs I've had the misfortune to accidentally hear!

But of course, Kill 'Em All, Ride, Master and Justice fucking rule!

I own Peace Sells, Rust in Peace and Countdown to Exctinction (Currently lost ;( )

They're damn good albums, and I love Mustaine's tone. Still prefer Metallica though....

Oh and for the ranking, it's

Jon Schaffer - God

James Hetfield - King

(Rob Halford - Queen:laughing:)

Dave Mustaine - Prince

Scott Ian - Duke

Devin Townsend - Satan (looks like him, at any rate.)

I reckon that Megadeth beat Slayer every time, unless you're listening to "Risk", lets forget that ever happened :O Such ace, catchy tunes and blinding musicianship.

I know they may not be "heavy" enough for some people but I reckon thats a huge part of the appeal - they don't need to bludgeon(sp?) you with relentless chuggery and double kick all the time, they write really dynamic songs that hold your attention and make them really accessible. Oh sorry.. I forgot - accessible = nae cool :angel:

PS Al Pitrelli is ace - anyone that can play as fast as he can with such a retarded picking technique (almost as retarded as Dan's ;) ) is alright in my book.

Marty Friedman's picking technique is even weirder than Al Pitrelli's! Friedman ACTUALLY looks disabled when he picks but he is the most awesome guitarist ever...

And Mac's right, they don't call me Dan "holds the pick in the wrong fingers" Atom, for nothing.....

Actually, they don't call me that at all

Originally posted by Dayeth:

Oh quiet you and your "Slayer are a poor mans Haunted"

..coming from the man that thinks Arthur is better than Sponge Bob.

Arthur's a geek.

*Tom Araya scream*

lol i didnt really want to annoy slayer fans...just that one!

owned!

Dead skin mask, raining blood, south of heaven....write a new fucking riff!

Originally posted by Doc Murray:

well Metallica are fine if you only listen to their first 4 albums... Black Album onward is just utter dump.

Load is sooo shit, Reload is total shit, S&M - what the fuck?? and finally... St Anger - seriously?? St Anger is worse than most of the Limp Bizkit songs I've had the misfortune to accidentally hear!

But of course, Kill 'Em All, Ride, Master and Justice fucking rule!

:sleeping:

Well I agree that the haunted would not exist without slayer, however (in my opinion) the first two Haunted albums especially piss over pretty much everything by Slayer (and I AM a pretty big slayer fan...)

You guys should all check out the awesome (defunct) Dearly Beheaded... although their last album was 7 years ago now... they were awesome new school thrash!

No i count 2-2, you still prefer Arthur.

Plus, this battle is between Slayer and The Haunted, dragging two other bands into loose you a point per band, thats 2-0 to me. Besides I dont recall Metallica being influenced by Saxon to any great degree. 2-(-1)...which we can simplify to 3-0. Whos 0wned now? :)

Originally posted by Dayeth:

No i count 2-2, you still prefer Arthur.

Plus, this battle is between Slayer and The Haunted, dragging two other bands into loose you a point per band, thats 2-0 to me. Besides I dont recall Metallica being influenced by Saxon to any great degree. 2-(-1)...which we can simplify to 3-0. Whos 0wned now? :)

...me, i sir ave owned you! cant we both just agree that metallica and opeth are better than slayer and the haunted? ...doesnt that feel nice?

• 2 weeks later...