aberdeen-music

Graeme Rix has been Sacked!!

Are Hearts trying their absolute damndest to blow any chance of a Champions League place? seriously? Mad Vlad is out of control. His son blames Rix for the poor signings in January...surely, SURELY they were the doings of Romanov senior, apart from McCann maybe?

There is something seriously dodgy with Romanov, - i know they view him as some sort of messiah but i think it is time for Hearts fans to be worried.

that romanov geezer is a creepy dude. something about him just screams "I DIDN'T GAIN MY FORTUNE LEGITIMATELY!!!" also, his son is a deadringer for Gareth from the office...

Looks like Hearts might not only lose the champions league spot, Rangers are catching up quick and Hearts have a month of tough fixtures ahead, including another trip to Ibrox (the home of football violence.:up: ) but lets be honest. Would Hearts have even qualified for the group stages of the champs league? I'd prefer to see Rangers go back with Le Guen and really make an impact on european football. Maybe if our domestic teams start to improve and maybe start challenging big european teams it might have a positive knock on for our dismal National Squad.

Duffy's been given the heave-ho too, after only a month in charge. It's pretty daft to suggest that Rix took responsibility for the signings, as if he's going to demand of the board to sign a third-rate Brazilian loan from FC Thun.

Big Eck, anyone?

McLeish's name will be thrown about...but i dont know, i just cant see it. Mind you, he doesn't seem to mind being undermimed by Charimen so who knows.

I wouldnt put it past Romanov to install himself as manager. I mean, Hearts seem to like to constantly out-do themselves in the bizarre happenings stake, and that would certainly be one way.

Guest neil ex

I reckon this guys in with a good shout!

517863glitter300thumb0wz.th.png

I must admit, I'm going to miss singing about Rix. The best time being in a pub on Gorgie road in a small room full of Aberdeen fans through to a big room full of Hearts fans.

I'm not that suprised after Roman Romanov saying he expects Rix to win every game..

Alvin Starclusk must be tearing his hair out' date=' what a season for him![/quote']

Not really. Glad he's gone. Didn't want him at Hearts, haven't been remotely impressed with what he's done while in charge, won't miss him. Both the results and standard of play have been in freefall since he took over (Hibs game excepted).

I'm still confident we'll get 2nd place, but less so than I was a month ago.

Most of the Hearts fans on P+B are delighted he's gone, and to be fair they've been a far worse team under Rix in recent months, dropping points to poorer teams and struggling to overcome a shower of shite masquerading as a second division football team......

Still think Romanov is a fucking nutjob, though I suspect a lot of Jambos won't go for the jugular unless the CL spot is lost.....

granted rix is a shit manager who has cost hearts the league' date=' and possibly 2nd. but can you really see them getting in someone better? who's going to take that job now?[/quote']

I agree. The Hearts "head coach" job is rapidly becoming the job noone wants. According to the BBC website, one of the reasons for his sacking was the fact that Romanov didn't believe that any of the players signed in January are good enough to play for Hearts. I was under the impression that he, or his son were responsible for signing players and Rix was just coaching and supposed to be picking the team.

Another reason was the fact that it became public knowledge that he was picking the team.

The guy is a complete crack pot.

I recently read in the evening express that Aberdeen would consider if any eastern business wanted to "invest" in the club. I think the situation at Hearts should be a lesson to the rest of the SPL.

I agree. The Hearts "head coach" job is rapidly becoming the job noone wants. According to the BBC website' date=' one of the reasons for his sacking was the fact that Romanov didn't believe that any of the players signed in January are good enough to play for Hearts. I was under the impression that he, or his son were responsible for signing players and Rix was just coaching and supposed to be picking the team.

Another reason was the fact that it became public knowledge that he was picking the team.

The guy is a complete crack pot.

I recently read in the evening express that Aberdeen would consider if any eastern business wanted to "invest" in the club. I think the situation at Hearts should be a lesson to the rest of the SPL.[/quote']

It was actually mentioned at the time that Rix was responsible for several of the transfer window signings. Funnily enough, the ones that have worked out best so far are some of the ones that were acknowledged as Romanov's (Goncalves, Aguiar). The only mistake that Romanov's made so far was the sacking of Burley.

Apparently Lothar Matthaus is after the job: http://www.forthone.com/Article.asp?id=16175

Guest neil ex
It was actually mentioned at the time that Rix was responsible for several of the transfer window signings. Funnily enough' date=' the ones that have worked out best so far are some of the ones that were acknowledged as Romanov's (Goncalves, Aguiar). The only mistake that Romanov's made so far was the sacking of Burley.

[/url']

If Hearts miss out on that Champions League place though Romanov's probably going to come under fire from the Hearts fans. Hearts were probably the best team in the SPL when Burley was in charge. They dipped in form after he was sacked, and they can't afford to dip in form even more as going by current form Rangers are probably the better team right now. The pressure's on Hearts now, so it'll be interesting to see how they cope. They've been very unconvincing as of late. At the end of the day though, you wouldn't be where you are without Romanov. Not a mistake getting Rix in in the first place?

If Hearts miss out on that Champions League place though Romanov's probably going to come under fire from the Hearts fans. Hearts were probably the best team in the SPL when Burley was in charge. They dipped in form after he was sacked' date=' and they can't afford to dip in form even more as going by current form Rangers are probably the better team right now. The pressure's on Hearts now, so it'll be interesting to see how they cope. They've been very unconvincing as of late. At the end of the day though, you wouldn't be where you are without Romanov. Not a mistake getting Rix in in the first place?[/quote']

Yeah, I knew someone would get me on that one! I reckon the next couple of weeks'll decide one way or the other whether this is a great or terrible season for the JTs.

I personally feel that - the timing not being 100% ideal with the semi-final the weekend after next - this may well be the turning point that lets us push on and clinch second, and hopefully a place in the Scottish Cup final. I may be horribly wrong of course. If we can improve the performances and turn the draws against the weaker teams into wins (this was Rix's real failing in my eyes), we'll be just fine.

If we miss out on the Scottish Cup final and second place, then yes, I blame Romanov. Not for what's happened today, but for when he sacked Burley. On the other hand, as you point out, we wouldn't have the players we've got and the new main stand wouldn't be being built without him. And we'd be playing at a 1/4 full Murrayfield, slowly going out of business.

It'll be interesting...

is bertie vogts still unemployed?

coat got...

Actually' date=' he's not. I've seen him on a German TV channel, spouting rubbish at the half-times of UEFA Cup matches. I don't know how Thomas Helmer copes with his nonsense

Thomas Helmer being co-presenter. And BETTER

I wouldnt put it past Romanov to install himself as manager. I mean' date=' Hearts seem to like to constantly out-do themselves in the bizarre happenings stake, and that would certainly be one way.[/quote']

He couldn't. He doesn't have any coaching badges and as such wouldn't be allowed to manage them in European competition. And probably some other rules that I don't know about, I just remember that one from Dennis Wise not being allowed to manage Millwall in the UEFA Cup 2 seasons ago.

The return of Craig Levein anyone?