aberdeen-music

Will the smoking ban affect the aberdeen music scene?

RescueParty

i think its good for people that have to put up with working in pubs

Why though?

Pubs have been full of smoke forever! If it really bothered them, why did they apply for the job? Should they ban needles in hospitals because some of the nurses are phobic? Should they dig up the grass on footbal pitches because they don't like the stains it leaves on their clothes?

:up:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr Blastcap
Why though?

Pubs have been full of smoke forever! If it really bothered them' date=' why did they apply for the job? Should they ban needles in hospitals because some of the nurses are phobic? Should they dig up the grass on footbal pitches because they don't like the stains it leaves on their clothes?

:up:[/quote']

you have a point, but applying common sense to the situation has no real effect! its a witch hunt!

If you read the new law' date=' it states that the smoking of 'Tobacco' is prohibited. It says nothing about smoking herbal.[/quote']

Wrong.

"(1) In this Part, "smoke" means smoke tobacco, any substance or mixture which includes it or any other substance or mixture; and a person is to be taken as smoking if the person is holding or otherwise in possession or control of lit tobacco, of any lit substance or mixture which includes tobacco or of any other lit substance or mixture which is in a form or in a receptacle in which it can be smoked."

Why though?

Pubs have been full of smoke forever! If it really bothered them' date=' why did they apply for the job? Should they ban needles in hospitals because some of the nurses are phobic? Should they dig up the grass on footbal pitches because they don't like the stains it leaves on their clothes?

:up:[/quote']

What's the unemployment figures again?

Anyway, grass stains and a phobia of needles are hardly going to be detrimental to your health.

No-one forces people to work in bars. No-one hides the fact pubs are smoke-filled environments from people who are seeking employment.

I find people who complain about smoke in pubs tiresome. Smoke and pubs have gone hand in hand for years.

Most people can't pick and choose jobs, if you have no work experience it's one of the few part time job opportunities there are. That was the bit about unemployment figures you see, no point missed there, just not explained well enough for you to get the point.

Even worse than people complaining about smoke in pubs are the people rejoicing that it'll come to an end. Yes, we know, you've won, stop rubbing salt in the wounds.

i heard an ad on talksport today about the scottish smoking ban and how its gonna save so many lives, bit far from the truth i feel (jury is still out on the passive smoking issue) i blame roy castle, he just got unlucky.

as a smoker i dont have a problem with the smoking ban at all but jesus in this day and age you'd think us poor smokers are hardened criminals....

No-one forces people to work in bars. No-one hides the fact pubs are smoke-filled environments from people who are seeking employment.

I find people who complain about smoke in pubs tiresome. Smoke and pubs have gone hand in hand for years.

Isn't that just a typical response of a smoker?

Just sooooo pissed off now the shoes on the other foot.

Millions, yes millions of people throughout the world work in unhealthy/dangerous environments, they are not in the comfortable position to say "fuckit, i'll just get another job"

And tell me, would you refuse to work somewhere that didnt have a smokey environment....no of course you wouldn't, thats just silly isn't it? but it highlights your inability to see things from the non-smokers perspective.

Do you really think anyone is going to risk allowing smoking on their premises?

Pubs are getting threatened with something like a £2500 fine for each offence and the threat of licences being withdrawn. For that reason alone' date=' it's pretty obvious that they're going to enforce the ban.[/quote']

not implying that pubs would take the risk just that its a joke that there is no feesable (sp?) way to enfocre such a ban. (in general not just a pubs and clubs)

i as a smoker i have no problem respesting this ban but will you all come to my funeral when i die of hypothermia instead of some smoke related cause??

and i was lead to belive (but you read somewhere one rule and somewhere else a differant one) the you get a £50 fine for the smoker and £200 fine for the pub. could be wrong though

ps i do think certain pubs will turn a blind eye

Guest Mr Blastcap

fuck it, i'm going to start chewing tobacco, real outlaw shit. gonna get me a six gun as well.

anyhow, what really riles me is the whining in the non smoker camp. the ban is here, fine. i have to stick to it fine, no problem.i'll take that. what i object to is the lecturing by people who really should assess thier own situation- today i was pontificated at about how smoking was "FUCKING STUPID" by a man in his forties who allthough didnt smoke, drinks way to much ( red nose etc) and eats way too much ( body type:blob) and never excercises his brain (retail line manager) and pollutes the enviroment ( expressing his idiotic opinions)

- allthough i remained christ like in my response to him, i really did want to outline his major malfunction/s.

i'm away for a smoke.

anyhow' date=' what really riles me is the whining in the non smoker camp. the ban is here, fine. i have to stick to it fine, no problem.i'll take that. what i object to is the lecturing by people who really should assess thier own situation- today i was pontificated at about how smoking was "FUCKING STUPID" by a man in his forties who allthough didnt smoke, drinks way to much ( red nose etc) and eats way too much ( body type:blob) and never excercises his brain (retail line manager) and pollutes the enviroment ( expressing his idiotic opinions)[/quote']

Spot on!

The day a non-drinking, non-driving, healthy-eating vegetarian who doesn't drive comes up to me and tells me that smoking is : Polluting his lungs and causing me bad health, and that I'm a stupid person because I smoke, then I might give him my attention.

Strangely, a vast amount of non-smokers seem to be fat, drinkers with cars.

Back on topic:

No.

true. it won't have any effect on the aberdeen music scene unless we see a sudden surge in whiney singers whining about how they can't take a smoke in public anymore.

I, for one, will make sure that i stick with the smoker posses so that i can come home and smell like i've just been on a triumphant night out in town. :D