aberdeen-music

The Berzerker

dougfast

tickets are 10 at barfly on the 23rd of march

it comes with a warning that you may get injuried at the gig!!

and has the best discription ever........

"This is not a musical event. This is grind obliteration as never experienced before"

that was enough for me

sounds good, shame i'll be in aberdeen then!

Why make comments on subjects you know nothing about?

Quoted from Terrorizer magazine.....

Talking about 'World of Lies' Luke says... "They (the rest of the band) already knew what was going to happen; I'm gonna take all their shit and speed it up, slow it down and cut it up. That's why the recording and writing session was relaxed; they knew what was happening."

Berzerker use drum sampling, ie, you hit the drum and it activates the sampler. One hit, two thuds.

Duh.

Right, the video posted featured a tune from their earlier album on which the Drums were programmed. It's also footage from when they had their first drummer.

For the second album some chap called Gary played the drums live, although they were obvioulsy triggered. I'm pretty sure that for tracks like Jigsore Quandary Gary's recordings were sped up, as from the live footage I've seen they don't play quite as fast. How many tracks went through the same treatment if any I couldn't tell you. I can tell you however that playing at speeds close to there certainly is possible.

As for programming two "notes" to every strike: I'm almost certain that wouldn't be done. I'd imagine many problems would be found when changing tempo etc...

If you had it set to play 16ths at 280bpm (you'd play 8ths and it would double it up) you;d be totally fucked if you dropped/gained any tempo as the module would have the samples set with a definite gap inbetween the actual and duplicated notes to sound constant. Same as if you stopped playing a run of double bass, everytime you struck a single hit you'd fire off two in very short sucession, sounding like arse. In short unless you literally were playing the same thing at the exact same time for all the songs coordinating such programming would be a nightmare, I'd imagine at least. I've never had any first hand experience doing so.

as far as im aware, the one hit triggering a double snare sample wouldn't be possible with the berzerker. just listen to No One Wins, the temp changes (like all out blasts into Slayerish beats) would mean either the drummer would have to be very precise with how many times EXACTLY he hit the snare (to trigger the sample to stop the double hitting) or someone would have to be controlling the sample to stop it manually.

whatever, they're fucking ace though. Doug, Im still contemplating wether I want to go to this or not. Do you know if its sold out?