aberdeen-music

NME - friend or Foe???

take_them_on77

i still buy it every week, got some good news in it...

it has its head up so many bands arses though.

they wank over every move Radiohead make (im not complaining, i love Radiohead), same with the white stripes, the strokes, the hives, and especially these days The Darkness.(i love them too)

NME

I would have to say that its now really just a load of dogs bollocks

But it never used to be mind you, one thing that fucking pisses me off is that it seems to overadvertise and back up shitty bands that are not even interesting or good, and seem to roll your fucking face in it till you listen to them, yep im talkin about "kings of leon", "franz ferdinand", "The Libertines", "The Distillers", need i say more? Thats thee whole damn shit, oh and for some reason it tries to give the impression it is cool and underground when all it is now is really advertising pop bands, justin timberlake got voted the coolest person in music for fuck sake! and that munter from the distillers god second!?! and charlie from busted was higher on the bloody list from the likes of dave grohl and the polyphonic spree!? load of fucking dog shit.

I think the main reason that music magazines like keranng and NME turn out like this because it narrows down to one thing, fucking money. If they think plastering big shitty stories on the likes of the darkness then they will do it. If even it is on the likes of some shitty pop artists like justin then they will do it to make as much bloody cash as possible and appeal to the buyers wants. I might sound like a cynical ass but issues like these is what i like bringing up, thanks for noticing the big picture "take them on", glad to know lots of people thinks its worth less than a pile of dog excretion.!

ADAM

Guest RomanChoke

Has there been a year gone by when there's been any less than 3 articles about Nirvana with New pictures and the Story behind EVERY song. Surely it'd be easier to just order back issues if you wanted to know

Originally posted by missdawn:

but they were on the front cover! and there were PICTURES! :O

i got a bit overexcited when i bought it and nearly started hyperventilating. i'm such a groupie.

They're the only reason to buy the NME. More often than not, there's other stuff too. But The Libertines make it worth buying.

I buy it for the news sections.

BUT their opinions tend to contradict themselves half the time, thus I see them as void (and they also worship lots of bollocks pop nonsense).

I also have an un-natural obsession with Gary Lightbody from Snowpatrol.. and the NME are always trusty and include them most weeks. Mmmmm with pictures too!

I don't read it anymore, so I wouldn't have a clue !I also think most of the festivals have done the same thing in a way, there was a time when reading had heaps of unknown / underground bands you could go and discover, now all the small tents are crammed with only bands that the NME like or push.

gone are the days of getting to see "cop shoot cop" or "hair and skin trading Co." or some other out of the blue band in a wee tent...

know what I mean ?...