aberdeen-music

T in The Park lineup

Ross

the suggestion from this thread is that the final lineup, once announced, is likely to cause mass buying and a fast sellout. thus, if you want to go and haven't already got a ticket, be prepared for when they go on sale again. let's not get a bricker about it people, it's fairly straightforward!

/x

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the suggestion from this thread is that the final lineup' date=' once announced, is likely to cause mass buying and a fast sellout. thus, if you want to go and haven't already got a ticket, be prepared for when they go on sale again. let's not get a bricker about it people, it's fairly straightforward!

/x[/quote']

Sums up perfectly what I was about to say. Most people I know go more for the experience than for a specific line-up, so Ross is just saying that if you're one of those people, get a ticket ASAP, because the acts that will be announced will ensure a quick sell-out, and disappointment for those who delay too long...

i've been to T for the last 3 years and every time i bought tickets before the whole line up is announced. i don't have a problem buying early cos of the amount of bands playing there will always be afew bands i really like, or if not its a chance to hear new bands and bands i haven't heard much of.

i personally woundn't go to a festival just because a certain band was or wasn't playing.

to me the banter of camping and being with mates, etc is just as important

I'm now just pondering the idea of getting to go see the smashing pumpkins with all my away rate money... T in the park has often made me curious' date=' but I have yet to actually attend. The idea of sitting in a manky tent isn't appealing in the slightest. I'd go if the line-up was incredible - and stay in hotels - but there is no other way that I'd go.

I pondered it last year but the line-up wasn't great so meh.

I'd have to wait until I saw exactly who was playing.[/quote']

Staying in hotels is the best - for the last few years I've done that then just caught the suttle bus each to TITP and back. The shower n' shit you get on Sunday morning makes it all more bearable.

see, i have the money...right now it's currently being saved up for europe...but i have enough money for a ticket. the ONLY way i would go would be if smashing pumpkins played. and since it's rumored they're doing the festival circuit starting with coachella it's pretty likely they'd play some UK ones. HOWEVER there's an equal chance they won't. in which case i'll go to europe. but if they do/don't/do/don't intend to play, and i got to europe and then find out once tickets have sold out they definitely 100% ARE playing i will cry. this is my predicement and the reason i personally am annoyed at not knowing who's playing. hell the only band i care about seeing would be the pumpkins. unless someone read my brain and they have the smashing pumpkins, deftones AND biffy clyro playing the same festival.

buy your ticket' date=' if pumpkins aren't playing shove the ticket on ebay, make sure the reserve is the price you paid, get your money back and probably a bit more, still go to europe.[/quote']

That is a good plan...

I want to know what SP line up it would be... Most likely

B0lly

Jimmy

James

Melissa Auf der Maur

Does anyone know what ever happened to D'Arcy apart from crack addiction, plastic surgery and hanging out with Mickey Rourke?