aberdeen-music

Aereogramme gig???

rune

Anyone know who has made a right pigs ear of re scheduling last january's aereogramme gig at kef? Seems to be a total farce that the gig still hasn't happened after 12 months either that or someone doesn't give a shit about it. Are the tickets still valid?

Seems like a total joke

Because it`s their fault after all.

One Up staff don`t use Aberdeen Music.

Thus they are probably just going on what they know at the momment.

Ross

You don't have an argument.

1 - paul stewart visits the store on a regular basis

2 - They could of told me the truth and say they didn't know

You don't have an argument.

1 - paul stewart visits the store on a regular basis

2 - They could of told me the truth and say they didn't know

get a grip, until someone tells them otherwise then it's their belief it's still valid. and one up staff aren't to blame for what paul does or doesn't tell them either.

if they'd told you they didn't know then you'd still have had a go at them.

To be fair, the "unofficial" relationship between Paul and OneUp can be a bit annoying from the customers point of view, despite how lovely the OneUp staff are - I had a ticket for the rescheduled Lost Prophets show at Kef/Lava (I'm sure Rune was going too :) ), and couldn't make the rescheduled date - because of the ticket setup, I was refused a refund at my "point of purchase" and spent a few days searching for Paul - who duly refunded me no probs.

By the same standard, if OneUp sell the tickets and take a booking fee, IMHO its their responsibility to know whats happening with gigs, not the customer to chase down the promoter.

To be fair' date=' the "unofficial" relationship between Paul and OneUp can be a bit annoying from the customers point of view, despite how lovely the OneUp staff are - I had a ticket for the rescheduled Lost Prophets show at Kef/Lava (I'm sure Rune was going too :) ), and couldn't make the rescheduled date - because of the ticket setup, I was refused a refund at my "point of purchase" and spent a few days searching for Paul - who duly refunded me no probs.

By the same standard, if OneUp sell the tickets and take a booking fee, IMHO its their responsibility to know whats happening with gigs, not the customer to chase down the promoter.[/quote']

the only reason one up wouldn't refund money for a ticket they sold is if paul had been paid for them. obviously i can't speak for how it's ran now as i haven't worked there for a while but i'm still close to everyone there. of course one up should be aware of what's happining with the tickets they're selling but they're not mind readers or omnipotent. people have to tell them.

seems to me that some "people" on this forum don't think it's the staff's job to find out about cancelled gigs. Heh, what's so wrong with staff enquiring about this when mr stewart does make an appearance? or just maybe they don't give a shit about people spending their money on gig ticket's that get postponed. Like i said, if they stated the gig was still on, they should of actually known what they were talking about rather than a "quick fix". Sure they were quick enough to take my cash, but in the end this gig and what has happened really didn't give a fuck to them, that's why they didn't bother finding out the truth from the source, looks like he don't give a fuck about people's gig money either.

I didn't go into the shop and force them to say what they said. You people who don't agree with what i'm saying ask yourselves this "gee i guess they could have said oh sorry we don't know what the situation is" What's so wrong with coming out with that? Or is the truth so bad.

Oh and ross, if you didn't know mr stewart does go into the shop to talk about gig news and what's happening, thus meaning he really doesn't go into shop. If you don't know what happens you really should stop this sad guessing game, so to imply that you actually think what does happen

the only reason one up wouldn't refund money for a ticket they sold is if paul had been paid for them.

Which is an odd way of working things - OneUp should be responsible for the tickets they sell, like any other ticket agency would be, especially as they charge a booking fee. Any dispute should be between promoter and OneUp, NOT passed on to the customer to find out whats going on....

That said, OneUp are (were - ain't been there in 18 months) loverly people...

seems to me that some "people" on this forum don't think it's the staff's job to find out about cancelled gigs. Heh' date=' what's so wrong with staff enquiring about this when mr stewart does make an appearance? or just maybe they don't give a shit about people spending their money on gig ticket's that get postponed. Like i said, if they stated the gig was still on, they should of actually known what they were talking about rather than a "quick fix". Sure they were quick enough to take my cash, but in the end this gig and what has happened really didn't give a fuck to them, that's why they didn't bother finding out the truth from the source, looks like he don't give a fuck about people's gig money either.[/quote']

dude, are you mental? you went and asked for a refund and they weren't aware of the situation so they didn't give you one. if the band are coming back on tour, who's to say that the tickets won't still be valid.

/x

Which is an odd way of working things - OneUp should be responsible for the tickets they sell' date=' like any other ticket agency would be, especially as they charge a booking fee. Any dispute should be between promoter and OneUp, NOT passed on to the customer to find out whats going on....

That said, OneUp are (were - ain't been there in 18 months) loverly people...[/quote']

true, but you've not met one ups accountant. :)