aberdeen-music

FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS 2006 - all you need to know!

The Ghost Of Fudge

Quick message to to let you all know that Fickle Public's second single 'Just Like I Got Used To Saying Courteney Cox Arquette' has entered the UK Mid-Weeks @ #77. Can we buck the trend of indies dissapearing off the charts by the weekend with a last push past all the Arctic Monkey fans on Saturday morning?

Available from all good record shops on vinyl seven and CD. Vinyl version features an exclusive remix by Kid Carpet.

Thanks!

Smalltown America Staff

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrorizer Review

"My Mind's Weapon

Demo 2005

Four very slick tracks of modern metalcore that have a nice 80's crossover to some of the heavier riffing and harsher voclas. Elsewhere though, the obligatory acoustic passages and plaintive vocal harmonies get a bit tiresome, but thankfully MMW seem more concerned with moshing it up than flicking their fringes at the girlies, never a bad thing. If Victory Records are gagging to sign a UK band right now (they're probably not), they could do a lot worse than give these lads a listen. [7.5/10]"

just a quick MMW review while i'm passing through.

this gig will rock.

more purple munkie shtick:

Smalltown America Newsletter: February 2006

"1. Fickle Public Release 'Just Like I Got Used To Saying Courteney Cox Arquette'

Out this week, huge thanks to all of you that have already bought this from the store. You can READ about Fickle Public in this week's NME (Buzz Section), LISTEN to the band on this week's Zane Lowe Show (R1), EXPERIENCE the band's "Utterly ace post-hardcore puzzle pop" (NME) in the following towns in February:

09 Glasgow - Oran Mor (Club Spanked: Temper Calm + Codeen + In Ernest)

22 Brighton - The Freebutt (Club Marowak: Steal Back Your Life + The X-Certs)

23 Bristol - The Louisina (ANB Night: Kid Carpet + Murdoch)

25 Aberdeen - The Lemon Tree (Fudge Fanzine Awards Night: My Minds Weapon + The Edgar Prais)

Rumour has it that the band will launch debut album 'Bucko' with a show in their old primary school. Keep them off the assembly hall's piano for chris'sake!"

FICKLE PUBLIC PROFILE ondrowned in sound: http://www.drownedinsound.com/bands/5132

Hate or like Weapon' date=' Fickle Public and Edgar Prais are worth the ticket alone!

Plus...it's the Fudge Awards.[/quote']

THE Edgar Prais if you don't mind - if we are known as simply 'Edgar Prais', he might sue us. He is a lawyer, after all...

Also; Weapon are rad. One of the best local bands, so stick around to watch them.

love from christy

that's the spirit!

... people keep asking me about tickets, so i'll take this oppertunity to say that although we're hoping for a pretty much full house at the awards, you'll almost certainly be able to buy tickets at the door on the night... but it's probably best if you give the lemon tree a call and book your ticket. just to be sure :)

TWO WEEKS TO GO! i really must get shit sorted out.... craig fudge is making a paper mache podium as i type