aberdeen-music

please have a listen to this...

still not 100% sure on stage times as we are waiting on a few details

spoke with niklas from ef last night. they have managed to get through all of their cds already and we are arranigng to have another 100 printed in time for their arrival in the uk. shows have been great and they have been going down a storm!

there is a fair buzz about this one on www.undergroundscene.co.uk (dundee leg)

have been listening to the new single and bsides (clip on www.myspace.com/ef)

superb. very excited about this one!

Burnham made me aware of this gig and having now read the posts and listened to the music I can see why. I must, must, must remember to go to this gig!

Pity it is in Drummonds mind - I would thought somewhere like the Tunnels would have suited these bands a bit better. But that is only a minor gripe.

Guest Page 99

That was an awsome gig.

Otterly were unfortunatly a bit on the bland side live, they didn't really captivate me at all.

Hookers Green however were pretty cool, a lot of interesting ideas in the songs.

Ef lived up to their name of post rock gods, they absolutly were amazing, some of the best melodies and songs i've seen live in ages, plus the sound was crystal clear which made it all the better. They are now probibly amongst my favourite live bands so far.

Guest bluesxman

That was an amazing gig, can't believe it only cost me 3 quid, i've paid a lot more for a lot less...

Otterley were OK but didn't really do much for me, I don't think the delay in getting one song going helped. Hookers Green were extremely good, will be looking out for them again. EF were stunning. CD purchased half way through the set...

Yup

Have to agree that EF were stunning. Yes, it was post rock by numbers, but they managed to pull in other elements that brought new layers to the so called genre... The sound was easily one of the best I have heard in Aberdeen and big up for Callum for a sterling effort at the desk.

Aberdeen surely must have some of the best venues in the country. We are so damned spoiled! :up:

Were you wearing a black and white stripey skirt?

i see your intention

one drummer making a move on one keyboard player, i see a post rock

keys(n)drums duo coming out of this.... :D

EF were fantastic, very understated......... soo much better than part chimp

congats again arkade we applaud your efforts

Guest bluesxman
Yes' date=' yes I was.

Where were you? Who were you? I touched mini's face, did you?

I was sitting on front of the DJ booth for the majority of said gig, where were you, eh eh eh?[/quote']

I was stood at the sticky out curved bit of the bar, shaved head, grey jacket with a short dark haired girl. You came and got served beside me at one point and I recognised you from the pics of your abnormally tidy flat. I never touched anyones face I don't think.

• 5 months later...