aberdeen-music

todays football

15 minutes to go i imagine, and aberdeen just pulled one back from a penalty. other than that, we're not having the best day. we were 2-0 down, anderson's been streachered off with a head knock, and byrne's been sent off for elbowing someone trying to swap jerseys with him prematurely.

and the old firm have gone goal crazy. go hearts then i guess.

it's all gone a bit insane at pittodrie. but all in all not a good day. hopefully we can scrape a draw in the last ten minutes but we're playing a risky game throwing everything forward just now with 10 men.

just hope anderson's injury isn't as bad as it seemed so he doesn't have to withdraw from the scotland squad.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Pars humped 5-1 at Castle Grayskull, no surprises there, at least we scored against the bastards. Thankfully Livi got horsed as well.

Partick won 6-1. At least Scorge will be happy.

Was at Todders today.....atrocious performance by the Dons again, apart from the last 20 minutes. Just a pity that it took a 2-0 deficit and a sending off to give us the kick up the arse required to produce some decent football.

Refereeing decision to send off Byrne was a disgrace. Happened quite close to where I was sitting, and the ''Well defender was trying to pull his shirt off and he only tried to shake him off, and the defender went down like he'd been shot....no way he elbowed him. Most of the Well players looked pretty sympathetic when Byrne was walking off the pitch...tells its own story.

Great effort by Mackie to get us back in it...and he will surely replace that work-shy twat Lovell, who has done nothing of note in the last 3 matches. Overall, we were lucky...Well missed 2 total sitters in the last minute of the game.

Top 6 is not guaranteed unless there is a collective pulling-out of fingers from arses in the next few weeks. Must do better....much better.

Yup' date=' we were an utter disgrace today. Motherwell's negative tactics and some of the worst refereeing I've seen this side of an Old Firm tie didn't help, but how difficult is it to string a few passes together? Our guys were in far too much of a hurry to get rid of the ball, and there was just no coherence to our play whatsoever.

Good to see Mackie makong an instant impact on his return, though.

Does anyone know what happened to the folk sitting underneath the light that fell off the roof of the DD stand? I was sitting too high up to see it land. That was a pretty scary moment.[/quote']

My parents sit right next to where that happened.....apparently the light hit one old bloke on the head, but he was alright to keep watching the game. Much ado about nothing by the sounds of it.

This proves that we were missing Mackie up front. A few seasons ago he was the one that everyone booed when he came on the park, now we can't wait for him to come on and rescue a draw from the jaws of defeat. Ok, so he may not be fully fit but with International games coming up he has an extra week to prove to the jimmy's that Lovell was a waste of money. I believe that come the end of the season that Crawford will become a favourite with the red army, although Mackie will beat him in the goal stakes by at least 7-10 goals.

Yup' date=' we were an utter disgrace today. Motherwell's negative tactics and some of the worst refereeing I've seen this side of an Old Firm tie didn't help, but how difficult is it to string a few passes together? Our guys were in far too much of a hurry to get rid of the ball, and there was just no coherence to our play whatsoever.

Good to see Mackie makong an instant impact on his return, though.

Does anyone know what happened to the folk sitting underneath the light that fell off the roof of the DD stand? I was sitting too high up to see it land. That was a pretty scary moment.[/quote']

thats about 5 rows behind me, aw people being taken out with shock but nothing else, although first aiders were still up their deep into the second half

This proves that we were missing Mackie up front. A few seasons ago he was the one that everyone booed when he came on the park' date=' now we can't wait for him to come on and rescue a draw from the jaws of defeat. Ok, so he may not be fully fit but with International games coming up he has an extra week to prove to the jimmy's that Lovell was a waste of money. I believe that come the end of the season that Crawford will become a favourite with the red army, although Mackie will beat him in the goal stakes by at least 7-10 goals.[/quote']

im not saying that mackie isint a capable hit man, but he was fired up with about 2 months stored energy, the good thing about aberdeen this season is although we are'nt scoring for fun at the minute, its obvous where the goals are gonna come from.

lovell will prove himself over the space of the year, this is the first season in years that we've had 3 good strikers

I must say I do agree. It's just a shame that we did so well last season because the expectations are far too high this time around. Ok, so JC has probably made the best signings and assembled the best squad we've seen since the days of Alex Smith but I would be happy with a top 6 finish this season and be more prepared for a serious challenge next season when all the loan stars at Hearts go back to their clubs.

when all the loan stars at Hearts go back to their clubs.

I love this. *All* our loan stars? Well if the BBC is to be believed, Skacel is about to sign a permanent contract with us. Fyssas is a Hearts player. Bednar we have first option on. Pospisil (remember him :p) is a Hearts player. Jankauskas is on loan from Kaunas and we've got him for as long as we want him. Brellier is a Hearts player. Camazolla reeks of a stop gap signing, and will probably be away at Christmas. Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis aren't getting a game anyway...Interested to see where we're going to lose these loan players.

Add to that, we have the best Scottish goalkeeper, defenders (Neilson excepted), Hartley in the form of his life in midfield.

I love this. *All* our loan stars? Well if the BBC is to be believed' date=' Skacel is about to sign a permanent contract with us. Fyssas is a Hearts player. Bednar we have first option on. Pospisil (remember him :p) is a Hearts player. Jankauskas is on loan from Kaunas and we've got him for as long as we want him. Brellier is a Hearts player. Camazolla reeks of a stop gap signing, and will probably be away at Christmas. Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis aren't getting a game anyway...Interested to see where we're going to lose these loan players.

Add to that, we have the best Scottish goalkeeper, defenders (Neilson excepted), Hartley in the form of his life in midfield.[/quote']

With the form of Skacel, I can't see marseille not wanting him back. As for Bednar, you may have first option but that depends on whether his club want to sell him, as for the same reason as Skacel. Like many other teams in the league you have no quality in depth. If any of the foreign players get injured you're back to square one.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I love this. *All* our loan stars? Well if the BBC is to be believed' date=' Skacel is about to sign a permanent contract with us. Fyssas is a Hearts player. Bednar we have first option on. Pospisil (remember him :p) is a Hearts player. Jankauskas is on loan from Kaunas and we've got him for as long as we want him. Brellier is a Hearts player. Camazolla reeks of a stop gap signing, and will probably be away at Christmas. Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis aren't getting a game anyway...Interested to see where we're going to lose these loan players.

Add to that, we have the best Scottish goalkeeper, defenders (Neilson excepted), Hartley in the form of his life in midfield.[/quote']

Aye, it must be great to be a Jambo at the moment! The longer this goes on, the better. A victory over the Old Filth is a victory for football.

With the form of Skacel' date=' I can't see marseille not wanting him back. As for Bednar, you may have first option but that depends on whether his club want to sell him, as for the same reason as Skacel. Like many other teams in the league you have no quality in depth. If any of the foreign players get injured you're back to square one.[/quote']

Marseille don't want him back and he doesn't want to go back. As for Bednar, I'm 100% certain that Pospisil will turn out to be a far more prolific striker than him, and Burley's (and Romanov's) scouting network have already proven themselves to be capable of finding decent replacements.

If we're still there or thereabouts come the transfer window, I think we'll bring in the players to cover that lack of depth. And let's face it, how good are Rangers if they lose Prso? How good are Celtic if they lose Hartson or Sutton? You seem to be biting every Andy Walker-ism there is going about Hearts at the moment.