aberdeen-music

Wine recommendation

Hog

There is only 3 wines that you should ever consider........

1. Diet lambrini - its cheap and does NOT harm the waist line

2. Tonic Wine - AKA Buckfast (or Monksford) which is my most common choice

3. Scotsmac - i dont know if you would class this as a wine because it is a blend of red wine and traditional british whiskey. but it is 15% comes in 70cl bottle and is 2.55 from asda

yes i do drink to much before you ask..............................

Casillero del Diablo (cellar of the devil) red is pretty good. cheap too at around a fiver a bottle. and it's got one of the best names around as well.

steer clear of mass marketed crap like blossom hill. Go for the lesser known chilean or south african wines tends towards cheap and the quality is usually spot on. Some argentine stuff is pretty good as well.

The co-op has some good stuff on their own label, including some fairtrade wines. Worth a look.

I tend to just go into a shop and take whatever is on offer (usually try and go for something around 4, not the cheapest and not too expensive, usually works out ok) and looks interesting. never remember what I've bought before when I go back though, so it's hard to build a loyalty to a particular bottle. also good to go on a wine retailer site (like virginwines.com) and just order a mixed case.

Guest Laura@TMB

Have you tried any of the sparkling reds Hog? Sainsburys do a sparkling Shiraz, round about the 7.99 mark, I think. Lovely stuff, though haven't decided whether it's better drunk chilled, or at room temperature. Fao Jake - it's pretty strong too if I remember rightly :D