aberdeen-music

Granite City Guide

soundian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't buy it.

I recommend that everyone stops buying the EE. It is a sham of a news paper and is not interested in any news that may actually contribute to a positive feeling in the city. I know that the P&J is in essence the same bunch of people but the content of the broadsheet, for me, always seems that little bit more uplifting rather than the doom and gloom negativity and pseudo scandal that they churnout every day in the Evil Express :nono: ! Fucking shite rag!!!!

I recommend that everyone stops buying the EE. It is a sham of a news paper and is not interested in any news that may actually contribute to a positive feeling in the city. I know that the P&J is in essence the same bunch of people but the content of the broadsheet' date=' for me, always seems that little bit more uplifting rather than the doom and gloom negativity and pseudo scandal that they churnout every day in the Evil Express :nono: ! Fucking shite rag!!!![/quote']

I actually got hold of an EE last night. There was nothing to read with any substance in it and the soduku was rather easy and took about 3 mins to do when I was half asleep. At least the Parochial and Journal has a little bit more to read and a more challenging soduku...

Dave

I recommend that everyone stops buying the EE. It is a sham of a news paper and is not interested in any news that may actually contribute to a positive feeling in the city. I know that the P&J is in essence the same bunch of people but the content of the broadsheet' date=' for me, always seems that little bit more uplifting rather than the doom and gloom negativity and pseudo scandal that they churnout every day in the Evil Express :nono: ! Fucking shite rag!!!![/quote']

Such bitterness.

Let me guess, you're kitten got stuck up a tree when you were young and you only got your picture on page 7.

Such bitterness.

Let me guess' date=' you're kitten got stuck up a tree when you were young and you only got your picture on page 7.[/quote']

No, they keep sticking photo's in the 'Way We Were' bit with me in them!!!! I try to forget how old I am most of the time :laughing:

It is just a shite paper and as Dave said, there is very little reading in it. Handy for the telly bit or to cover your floor during decoration, or box packaging if you are moving house!

PISH!

No' date=' they keep sticking photo's in the 'Way We Were' bit with me in them!!!! I try to forget how old I am most of the time :laughing:

It is just a shite paper and as Dave said, there is very little reading in it. Handy for the telly bit or to cover your floor during decoration, or box packaging if you are moving house!

PISH![/quote']

The gig guide used to be reasonably handy as well, back in your day.

Guest DustyDeviada

Is stealing it OK?

Shaun Wallace from the EE was at our usaisamonster gig at Exodus, Maxi spoke to him whilst doing the rounds with the mailing list and he was surprised at what he saw 'on stage', liked it and was genuinely excited that stuff like that was happening in aberdeen and is gonna cover Noxagt in the Whats On. he's also done a few write ups for imp remember, getting the 'alternative' gigs a bit of exposure at least...

they just need a bit of guidance maybe?! dont like the look of the new listings, and its a shame they are charging..

shaz

Shaun Wallace from the EE was at our usaisamonster gig at Exodus' date=' Maxi spoke to him whilst doing the rounds with the mailing list and he was surprised at what he saw 'on stage', liked it and was genuinely excited that stuff like that was happening in aberdeen and is gonna cover Noxagt in the Whats On. he's also done a few write ups for imp remember, getting the 'alternative' gigs a bit of exposure at least...

they just need a bit of guidance maybe?! dont like the look of the new listings, and its a shame they are charging...

shaz[/quote']

T'is true that there are chinks of light in the darkness, but if they haven't been able to figure it out by now then... There has been a strong local music scene for many years, on and off, yet it remains largely ignored by the press. The way it is and will be and hence the reason 'independent' promoters etc work so damn hard... Its a paracitic relationship, or was until they decided to start charging...

• 2 weeks later...
I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who turned up to help with the distribution.

Which means I'm saying thanks to no-one. Way to go people.

Still got 1500 out' date=' on my own![/quote']

You will indeed recieve the Nobel Pissed Prize for your efforst Ian... I'll pick up a few for Peacock...

Much slapping on you back. Now shall we sit back and wait for the 'nae sayers?'

:nono:

• 3 years later...

Venue

Hey,

Just wanted to give you details of a venue (you may or may not already have) - The Forum on Skene Terrace.

It is a venue for public hire, who also put on their own nights occasionally too. Really reasonable hiring rates, and a huge space to use with a massive stage so good for live bands etc. Total capacity of 800.

Any queries for hire contact events@pbdevco.com.

Any more info you need - let me know!

Cheers

:up:

Hey,

Just wanted to give you details of a venue (you may or may not already have) - The Forum on Skene Terrace.

It is a venue for public hire, who also put on their own nights occasionally too. Really reasonable hiring rates, and a huge space to use with a massive stage so good for live bands etc. Total capacity of 800.

Any queries for hire contact events@pbdevco.com.

Any more info you need - let me know!

Cheers

:up:

sorry, but this thread is OLD! The Granite City Guide (to my knowledge) doesn't exist anymore, which is a real shame because it was a great idea. Had everyone just got their finger out of their arse and worked together...