aberdeen-music

Exodus 3/09/05

NARC

Yeah, my girl lost 20 on her way into town from Westhill on Saturday, she's pretty sure it was on the bus. Meant she had a shit night out 'cause she left her bank card at home, plus i had to stump up to buy her drinks all night thus reducing my pie intake later on (which in hindsight may have been a good thing). :D

Ooh I didn't see you there on Saturday Phil! Saturday's music was amazing. Paul and I were delighted at hearing Be Your Own Pet even though we were the only people dancing.

Highlights also included: Gang Of Four, Nada Surf (i love whoever requested that!), Beck, TWO ARCADE FIRE SONGS!! and Art Brut like 5th from last!!! Amazing.

Still no Duran Duran though....

I'm off to get a haircut now' date=' it's all coming off. The current mop cannot withstand five hours of strenuous boppage.[/quote']

Neither can mine, but it's been a long time since I've had reason to dance my fringe sweaty in front of the "Scream" sign. I even stayed on the floor during "I Predict A Riot" and "Don't Look Back Into The Sun" so as not to lose my place, but "Mr. Brightside" was the final straw. It sounds about as fresh and vital as an extended version of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" might. And that's the 2nd time I've predicted "Slow Hands" will follow "Power Out".

It sounds like I'm complaining, but it was one the best nights I've had :partyboy:

Yeah' date=' my girl lost 20 on her way into town from Westhill on Saturday, she's pretty sure it was on the bus. Meant she had a shit night out 'cause she left her bank card at home, plus i had to stump up to buy her drinks all night thus reducing my pie intake later on (which in hindsight may have been a good thing). :D[/quote']

Hahaha, if only you had said on the way back to Westhill from town.

at what point was gang of four played? i don't recall hearing it but i was actually going to request it at some point but then got a bit drunk and um, didn't. good night, but far too drunk. again :(

must stop drinking so much before i go out. or go out and just drink water once i'm suitably drunk. hmmmm.

It was around 1-1.30ish' date=' if memory serves. Damaged Goods, it was.

The bar-take on Saturday was an all-time record. Cheers for playing your part, Dave. :)[/quote']

I actually handled two crisp British fivers from the Milne wallet. A privilege so it was, although the rank full-sugar coke that was the reward reaped from this, was not

It was around 1-1.30ish' date=' if memory serves. Damaged Goods, it was.

The bar-take on Saturday was an all-time record. Cheers for playing your part, Dave. :)[/quote']

christ, i musta been in there when it was played then but have no recollection of it being so. ah well. how's about i found that essence rare this saturday? :)

christ' date=' i musta been in there when it was played then but have no recollection of it being so. ah well. how's about i found that essence rare this saturday? :)[/quote']

and you probably danced to it as well.

I don't remember it, but then I also wouldn't know a gang of four song if it came up and bit me on the proverbial.

I do remember the non-appearance of my request for the 2nd week in a row. Why won't you play something off of Hope Is Important Dave?