aberdeen-music

fame in the family

Untitled

John Peel (RIP) phoned me from a hotel payphone in Berlin once

Ive kissed Pete Shelley on the head

My cousin Vikki is a professional dancer and worked at the Moulin Rouge for a while but now shes on at Blackpool Tower

My other cousin Janice sleeps with lots of famous premier league footballers (oh dear)

Ive told Billy Bragg to ''fuck off and stop moaning you commie twat''

My cousin Paul has played stand in Drums for Stiff Little Fingers

Ive been alone in an empty room with Sharin Foo (I was too frightened to tell her I love her and will regret this forever)

Ive made food for the Royal Family (and watched a colleage from Glasgow add his own bogeys to the recipe - they must get that a lot, yuk)

My Dad is a mate of Uri Geller so theoretically Im kinda a friend of a friend of Wackson Jackson (quite worried about that really)

Ive hung out with two of the Suicide Girls (suicidegirls.com) but forgot to have sex with them

Vic Galloway called me a ''sick bastard''

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad went to school with Alastair Maclean (author)

I've got Leo Sayer to sing to me whilst drunk

Told Roger Taylor how surreal everything was

Asked Damon Hill for a 'hurly' in his rather nice car

Bounced on a trampoline with Tony Hadley and Fish

Sold merch for Midge Ure, Fish and the Dresden Dolls

Had my ex-fiance chatted up by Aziz Ibrahim (ex-Stone Roses)

Sat on the knee and got a good night kiss from Sally Gray

Filmed Ray Wilson and Fish for live releases

Spent all night drunkenly chatting with Bruce Watson from Big Country's lovely wife

Exchanged emails with Kevin Smith, and Joe Walsh

Called Justin from the Darkness a twat who couldnt sing well within earshot of him

Told Slvester McCoy he was the best Doctor and had him buy me a pint in return

Loads actually,

Cheers

Stuart

My cousin plays for Hearts. He used to play for Calley (sp?) Thistle (apparently scored the the goals that kcoked Celtic out of something? Could be wrong, no clue about football....) and I think played for Aberdeen before that.

My mums uncle was on the front page of the evening express years ago dubbed the cruelest traffic warden in Aberdeen - he gave parking tickets to an entie funeral congregation.

My cousin plays for Hearts. He used to play for Calley (sp?) Thistle (apparently scored the the goals that kcoked Celtic out of something? Could be wrong' date=' no clue about football....) and I think played for Aberdeen before that.

.[/quote']

Would that be Dennis Wyness by any chance?

i've met billy connoley(sp) a few times, and talked to him for about half an hour whilst watching lonach higland games(is anyone going this weekend?)

met sean connery, judy dench and robin williams there too.

erm...met the entire rangers team in an airport (back in gazza's day)

also called axl rose a cunt to his face when i was lyk nine, hehehehe

Would that be Dennis Wyness by any chance?

who now plays for Caley Thistle once again.

I have no-one even remotely famous in my family or connected to my family. My folks went to school with (former BBC Moscow correspondent, when there was lots happening in Mosco) Angus Roxburgh. And that's it.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Meeting him would be good enough' date=' but to have him puke over your arm is something else :devil:[/quote']

it was hot and frothy and he's about 7 foot tall (in big shoes) so said soapy vomit was travelling at a fair velocity (in terms of the speed of sick that is)

the only thing that could top it for me would be if The Ig urinated on my head

I told a crap joke on Andy Cameron's (filthy bigoted comedian(?) that does the pre-match at Ibrox) radio show back when I was a nipper.

*Shudders* unclean, so unclean....

I had measles at the time, I can only hope I made the twat ill...

Paul McStay (ex Celtic and Scotland) was dancing on a table at a gig I did with my old covers band back in Greenock many, many moons ago.

I walked past Sue Pollard (Peggy the cleaner from Hi-De-Hi) on Union Terrace.

I met Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Marty Friedman & Nick Menza (Megadeth c.1991) at a signing in Newcastle.

The missus has met Sepultura (c.1991) Death (c.1990) Obituary (c.1990) and Faith No More (c.1990). She has Mike Patton's autograph (looks like a blob to me) tattooed on her arm!

Kinda makes my Sue Pollard incident look a bit shite doesn't it?

;(

Never been compelled to post before but there's no time like the present...

My great great great uncle (or thereabouts) was John Henry Anderson aka The Wizard of the North. And he invented the pulling a rabbit out of a hat magic trick. And performed for Queen Victoria.

And with the meeting famous folk thing... Erm Paul McCartney, sat beside Bill Cosby at a Chelsea game, walked past Ewan McGregor on the Kings Road in Laandan.

Guest DustyDeviada

OK, seeing as nobody else seems to have any shame about the "celebrities" they have met, here goes.

I've met:

Willie Nelson

Les Paul (who signed my guitar :up: )

Mark Knopfler

The Everly Brothers

Kris Kristofferson

Hank Marvin

Was standing right beside Christian Slater at the bar when I went to see the Monty Python musical Spamalot in New York recently but I couldnt be bothered hassling him for autographs and stuff.