aberdeen-music

two basses what do you think?????

YETI

Guest operator zero

Nah - rothko split ages ago philip - i used to speak to Mark Beazley a fair bit years ago. tried to get them to come up here but alas no Joy. :(

Monkey Boy - i've still to hear them - but they're on Lockjaw so they must be good!

Ned's Atomic Dustbin had two bass players

Brujeria have three bass players

Immortal Wombat (Black Atom covers band) - would have had three bass players but one pulled out so they were left with a mere pummelling 2...oh and four guitarists and three drummers as well as two vocalists and a flutist/saxophonist!

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Ned's Atomic Dustbin had two bass players

Brujeria have three bass players

Immortal Wombat (Black Atom covers band) - would have had three bass players but one pulled out so they were left with a mere pummelling 2...oh and four guitarists and three drummers as well as two vocalists and a flutist/saxophonist!

fit?

first of all i'd like to say that i know is not a new idea but i had thi 2 basses thing since i was about 17-18 but never found anybody interested

i have a 6 and a 5 fretless and i'm open to any sort of musyc probably more in the prog rock meets heavy area nothing too extreme just a good load of technical stiles and a lot of fun.

if its a 3 basses its even better but the drummer has to be solid as fuck.

Guest valley69
Originally posted by soundian:

I think you would have problems with phasing between the basses if you all played the same thing so you would all have to play different bass lines. Making one of you the 'lead' bass player. Back to square one.

yeh i agree, you cannot have an all bass band due to the fact that two bass amps together would just producce an awful bassy sound. YOud have to have a rythm guitar to level out the disorganisation sustained as a resukt of the bass level being wayyy too high.

in short a bass band lacks treble

Guest operator zero

well yeti - are you going to be in drakes on monday to see spike pile driver - if so come find me coz I'm playing that night as well.

Mark (this sounds like it could be interesting!)

LECKIE!

If you're on a bout the Immortal Wombat thing, it was

Joe Atom - Vocals

Corn HotMangu - vocals

Me - Guitar

Mac Atom - Guitar

Rass Atom - Guitar

Sandy HotMangu - guitar

Erskine Atom - Bass

Spoonie - Bass

Gareth Hotmangu - Drums

Len Atom - Drums

Rico - Percussion

Philip James Johnston - Flute/Sax

We played a bunch of Black Atom songs under the monicker 'Immortal Wombat' for one gig last year. Was ace fun and a great gig - even though I blew up my amp!

Guest operator zero

and Ian - you should check out Rothko - they show you that 3 bassists can work - one person does not need to become lead if you're willing to work on improvising and not becoming the dominant one in the band.

and olie - you should know better - remember we were going to try to do a two bassist thing 3/4 years ago!

Originally posted by operator zero:

and Ian - you should check out Rothko - they show you that 3 bassists can work - one person does not need to become lead if you're willing to work on improvising and not becoming the dominant one in the band.

and olie - you should know better - remember we were going to try to do a two bassist thing 3/4 years ago!

Yea, I was a bit hasty there. So hasty in fact, I may fiddle with the idea myself on the old 4 track. I think the fretless may get dusted off too.