aberdeen-music

Do Ghosts exist?

timson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm CONVINCED i saw one in Grimsby in the hotel we were staying at. The fire alarm went off and i looked towards the bathroom and i saw a seven foot man opening the door. i thought it was a work man or a robber so i shouted HELLO?? but he didn't answer. then he pressed a button and the fire alarm went off' date=' he took a double take and then vanished. I'm certain it was a ghost.[/quote']

What have i told you about Mushys judy?

I've never seen a ghost but I do believe they exist. My aunt has told me a couple of creepy stories and I've no reason not to trust her. Here goes:

My grandmother and her mother (my great-grandmother) used to live together in Aberdeen, my aunt and her family lived in Montrose. Shortly after my great-grandma died my aunt was staying over and decided to sleep in my great-grandma's bed for comfort. In the middle of the night she felt my uncle getting into bed with her but then she realised she wasn't in Montrose, she was in my great-grandma's bed. So she thinks it was her ghost climbing into bed with her.

If that happened to me I'd be utterly terrified but my aunt said it was just really comforting because she missed her nana a lot. She was probably dreaming though.

Guest MerryChristmas

I saw a human shaped shadow on my wall once, it was moving and i wasnt so it wasnt mine

but my friend was standing beside me and moving

he doesnt believe in ghosts either

it was his shadow

I am sure 2 of 4 of houses I have lived in have been haunted. the first one I swore I saw my lil bro in the bathroom when I walked by, when I turned to ask him why he hadn't closed the door there was nobody there. second incident always scared me. at night whenever I went down the stairs I was sure I felt some "things" running behind me - like what dogs do when they chase you - I always thought they were foxes, dunno why.

In my current house, I often see moving shadows in the corner of my eye, but find they are gone when I look round. I have also heard my mum shouting on me and go to find her and discover she wasnt shouting on me at all (maybe she was winding me up ?( ) Also, the most recent one is in a portion of my house called the "granny flat" - where my grandparents stay when they visit - I am positive there's a ghost there. The majority of the time the place is empty so it feels really weird going up there. But I actually talk to the ghost explaining why I am up there (usually to go get food from fridge) cos he doesnt seem very pleased for me being there. call me crazy, I do.

When i was about 10 i thought i saw a small boy sitting on a deask in my room. I was so scared i sat motionless for what seemed like hours till i must have fallen asleep. Ghosts may exist purely in the imagination, but that doen't mean they aint real, anything we imagine we see may as well be real cuz thats how it seems to us at the time. My mum's great uncle used to own an ancient farmhouse out in the highlands, and apparently some nights when everyone was sitting about just about to go to bed, they'd hear someone come in the back door, sit on a stool, and noisily remove his/her boots before scuffling off, however, obviously htere turned out to be noone there. They got quite used to hearing this, so it eventually stopped scaring them. I think the house is now demolished, and i've only ever seen it from a distance myself, but it was in a creepy area, very remote.

I was in a room 517 of the hotel i work in. My first week and was just helping out housekeeping. I felt really short of breath and my chest was really tight and my vision went a bit funny. i left the room and i felt fine. Tought nothing of it and went back in. Minutes later the feelings came back.

I told one of my colleagues and they just thougth i was taking the piss because i didnt want to make beds.

I spoke to the HK manager and she said that 517 is suppose to be haunted and she had felt the same thing several times.

Also she had seen a tall man through the glass on the fire door half way along the fifth floor corridor. She pushed the door open and noone was on the other side and there was noone but her in the corridor.

I hate the fifth floor.

iv seen a couple of ghosts' date='the first one i remember was one at the end of my bed staring out the window so i just kinda hid under the covers,baring in mind i was about 10,i can also sense when ghosts are present.anyone ever tried a wigi board?[/quote']

Yes, many times and they just don't work. Believe me, they do not work. I've tried everything. If you want to talk to the dead, come into the Moorings about half an hour before closing.

The bar is very haunted. Here's a few tales of things that we have experienced first hand. Also our recording setup is pure digital which makes it perfect for trying EVP which we plan to do soon. Anyway here goes...

Most of these occured in the first year after we took over, and things also tend to flare up when there's building work. The previous owners told us that they used to get stuff from time to time but that it went quiet after a while. There is still on-going activity even now though... whoooaaaaa!

1) CO2 gas cylinders. CO2 is used to both pump and carbonate various drinks. Several times a week the beer would suddenly stop flowing, like we had INSTANTLY run out of gas. When you run out it normally slows, goes flat etc. This was instant. On checking we would always find the cylinder had been turned off. This could happen during the day with only 1 person working in the building. Sometimes it would happen twice in an hour.

2) The CO2 feeds into the product lines with individual shut off valves, enabling you to shut of pumping or carbonation to just one product. This is used when you run out of stock or discontinue something, to stop wasting gas. For a spell the ghost would turn off the pump gas to the Guiness, causing the Guiness to stop. Anyone that has ever seen these valves will know that turning them off is going against gravity!

Every bartender has experineced 1) and 2)!

3) One Friday night I came up from downstairs after closing time. It was around 2am. I was the only person in the bar. A small bread knife flew over the old kitchen partition (since demolished) and landed at my feet. I though there must have been a customer left in the toilets or something playing a trick on me... but there was nobody there! Whenever stuff like this happens you feel the chills and the hair on your arms etc stands on end.

4) Glasses used to jump off the shelves. This was during quiet spells not due to music!

5) The clock once jumped off the wall hook and landed on Laura's head.

6) One Friday night after closing time, Dougie Rumbles (ex-bartender) and myself were clearing up. He was cleaning tables and I was sweeping. The chills hit us both, then we heard this rumble, rumble, and the mop bucket wheeled itself out from under the bar, then tipped onto it's side (physically impossible for it to tip).

7) Frank witnessed a ghostly mist appearing up the side of the arcade machine, and said he felt very cold. Then it suddenly got sucked back into the floorboards!

8) The builders heard voices and banging coming from the stage at around 3am. They thought it was someone upstairs, but the upstairs of the flats is only above the first two ceiling sections, the stage is under an external roof.

9) The builders then took a digital photo of the bar, I only got a print out and have misplaced it, but most of the regulars saw it. In the photo the room is literally full of orbs, with an orb hovering over every barstool! Seriously.

10) On several occasions first thing in the morning someone has either hummed or mentioned a particular song, and the jukebox has suddenly started playing it.

11) Once I was down in the cellar, it was after closing time and I was alone. Suddenly I got the chills then all this crash bang whalloping started, and I could hear voices. I got the baseball bat and slowly crept through the cellar, then upstairs but there was nobody there.

12) Once during line cleaning we invited a customer to stay back and sample the beer afterwards, this was back when we used to do the clean at night. We left him upstairs and proceed to go down and organised the line clean. A few minutes later he burst into the beer cellar shaking and in tears. This was a 40 something ex-bike hooligan BTW. He said he'd heard voices. He was totally shitting himself and it took us about 15 minutes to calm him down.

13) Once down in the cellar at about 2am I was tidying up. A few days before the police had been in past with a missing persons ticket. This was one of the bars old regulars an alcoholic woman. They wanted us to call them if she appeared in the bar because nobody had seen her for a few days. So I'm sitting at the desk when I see this little piece of paper about 2 inches square flutter down from the roof. It lands face up on the desk, and is an old B&W passport photo of a woman. I get the chills big time, and my head starts to really hum. I felt terror. There's just this little old photo of this woman unsmiling, staring up at me. I turned it over, the humming in my head, and the chills getting worse. The hairs were totally standing up all over my arms, with goosebumps the size of peas I shit you not! On the back it said "Anne 1976". This was the same woman that was missing. I just got up and bolted through the cellar, up the stairs, and out the front door. I had to stand outside for ages until I was brave enough to go back in and shut the bar up.

14) Recently the ghost has taken to opening up the door on the ice machine. We shut it every night, and in the morning it's open.

There's more, and if I can remember any then I'll post here.

Freaky or what!

Yes now I do believe in ghosts as does everyone else that works in the bar.

The bar is very haunted. Here's a few tales of things that we have experienced first hand. Also our recording setup is pure digital which makes it perfect for trying EVP which we plan to do soon. Anyway here goes...

Most of these occured in the first year after we took over' date=' and things also tend to flare up when there's building work. The previous owners told us that they used to get stuff from time to time but that it went quiet after a while. There is still on-going activity even now though... whoooaaaaa!

1) CO2 gas cylinders. CO2 is used to both pump and carbonate various drinks. Several times a week the beer would suddenly stop flowing, like we had INSTANTLY run out of gas. When you run out it normally slows, goes flat etc. This was instant. On checking we would always find the cylinder had been turned off. This could happen during the day with only 1 person working in the building. Sometimes it would happen twice in an hour.

2) The CO2 feeds into the product lines with individual shut off valves, enabling you to shut of pumping or carbonation to just one product. This is used when you run out of stock or discontinue something, to stop wasting gas. For a spell the ghost would turn off the pump gas to the Guiness, causing the Guiness to stop. Anyone that has ever seen these valves will know that turning them off is going against gravity!

Every bartender has experineced 1) and 2)!

3) One Friday night I came up from downstairs after closing time. It was around 2am. I was the only person in the bar. A small bread knife flew over the old kitchen partition (since demolished) and landed at my feet. I though there must have been a customer left in the toilets or something playing a trick on me... but there was nobody there! Whenever stuff like this happens you feel the chills and the hair on your arms etc stands on end.

4) Glasses used to jump off the shelves. This was during quiet spells not due to music!

5) The clock once jumped off the wall hook and landed on Laura's head.

6) One Friday night after closing time, Dougie Rumbles (ex-bartender) and myself were clearing up. He was cleaning tables and I was sweeping. The chills hit us both, then we heard this rumble, rumble, and the mop bucket wheeled itself out from under the bar, then tipped onto it's side (physically impossible for it to tip).

7) Frank witnessed a ghostly mist appearing up the side of the arcade machine, and said he felt very cold. Then it suddenly got sucked back into the floorboards!

8) The builders heard voices and banging coming from the stage at around 3am. They thought it was someone upstairs, but the upstairs of the flats is only above the first two ceiling sections, the stage is under an external roof.

9) The builders then took a digital photo of the bar, I only got a print out and have misplaced it, but most of the regulars saw it. In the photo the room is literally full of orbs, with an orb hovering over every barstool! Seriously.

10) On several occasions first thing in the morning someone has either hummed or mentioned a particular song, and the jukebox has suddenly started playing it.

11) Once I was down in the cellar, it was after closing time and I was alone. Suddenly I got the chills then all this crash bang whalloping started, and I could hear voices. I got the baseball bat and slowly crept through the cellar, then upstairs but there was nobody there.

12) Once during line cleaning we invited a customer to stay back and sample the beer afterwards, this was back when we used to do the clean at night. We left him upstairs and proceed to go down and organised the line clean. A few minutes later he burst into the beer cellar shaking and in tears. This was a 40 something ex-bike hooligan BTW. He said he'd heard voices. He was totally shitting himself and it took us about 15 minutes to calm him down.

13) Once down in the cellar at about 2am I was tidying up. A few days before the police had been in past with a missing persons ticket. This was one of the bars old regulars an alcoholic woman. They wanted us to call them if she appeared in the bar because nobody had seen her for a few days. So I'm sitting at the desk when I see this little piece of paper about 2 inches square flutter down from the roof. It lands face up on the desk, and is an old B&W passport photo of a woman. I get the chills big time, and my head starts to really hum. I felt terror. There's just this little old photo of this woman unsmiling, staring up at me. I turned it over, the humming in my head, and the chills getting worse. The hairs were totally standing up all over my arms, with goosebumps the size of peas I shit you not! On the back it said "Anne 1976". This was the same woman that was missing. I just got up and bolted through the cellar, up the stairs, and out the front door. I had to stand outside for ages until I was brave enough to go back in and shut the bar up.

14) Recently the ghost has taken to opening up the door on the ice machine. We shut it every night, and in the morning it's open.

There's more, and if I can remember any then I'll post here.

Freaky or what!

Yes now I do believe in ghosts as does everyone else that works in the bar.[/quote']

There's a lot of things that could be explained there like the mechanical stuff not working etc... Things falling off shelves -perhars explainable....But mop buckets and knives and other stuff falling over or being thrown about....SHAT EVERYWHERE I TELL THEE...And you still work their??? Fuck that.