aberdeen-music

11 to see Dresden Dolls at Moshulu

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

tehheee..

wooo loads of money

people give me shit for charging them 2 to get into the moorings or drummonds when there's bands playing - 2!

and then they'll go in and spend more on a pint and not even think twice about it

let's throw in some examples..

it'll cost you 15 to sit in the stalls at the Grimsby Auditorium for 'The Meatloaf Story'

or 25 to see Franz Ferdinand at T on The Fringe

and people complain about paying a tenner to see some quality bands at their local venue

pffft! bands who have come ALL the way up here to play..

or would you prefer it if everyone just gave up

and you had to travel to glasgow to see everyone... and thus your expenses would be pretty much trebled... hmm...

:up:

yes u are right interesting music have a great line up on tues (+1local) 5

the same line up @ tinthefridge in edinbugh the following night 8.65 or 9

Shut up arsehole. I didn't say I wasn't coming' date=' infact I clearly stated that I [b']would still be going, but thats if you'd even bothered to read anything before letting your shitty little brain process anything and get all touchy.

Man, I really dislike you.

Was there any need to call him an arsehole? As fas as I'm concerned he's put on a lot of bands that almost certainly wouldn't come to Aberdeen without Ross' perserverence and the fact he works his bollocks off. As soon as you get some awesome bands up here then feel free to criticise. I can't afford to go to the gig but from what I've heard I'm almost certain it's worth 11.

Its not just that but I've only heard of them from here and to be honest' date=' I can go and see a renound band like Eighties Matchbox disasters for less.

[/quote']

Reknowned? Eighties B-Line are one of the worst bands I've ever seen. It's only my opinion but they're awful and three fifths of the band are ignorant, arrogant wankers.

But, like I say, it's only my opinion...

EDIT: If you look at their website it appears to cost 15 to see one of their gigs. And was it not 12 to see them at the Lemon Tree? (I may be wrong on that one, I can't remember). So why are you complaining again?

yes u are right interesting music have a great line up on tues (+1local) 5

the same line up @ tinthefridge in edinbugh the following night 8.65 or 9

to be fair, your advertising costs are far lower than they'd be for tonthefringe - all the posters/etc don't come in cheap, and of course venue hire fees on top. staff have to be paid on top, i doubt they're doing it for nothing - so really, while 5 is reasonable for here, 9 is just as reasonable for edinburgh.

as for 11 being a lot - bloody bargain at twice the price, methinks :D

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
Reknowned? Eighties B-Line are one of the worst bands I've ever seen. It's only my opinion but they're awful and three fifths of the band are ignorant' date=' arrogant wankers.[/quote']

Nah, they're great. But I think they split up recently - the world needs shallow cunt rockstars!

Ok so clearly the £11 fee cannot be justified (what was I thinking), but although I've recieved many hurlings of abuse and should realistically be preparing for some form of verbal talkdown when I go to this gig, i'm going to go anyway.

Thanks for nothing....again

lapsus linguae!!

when did this get announced??

they are going to urinate on jo macaferty and the dresden dolls

I would imagine all of the bands will give a great showing of themselves, this should be a great night to see some great bands :)

The DD, Lapsus and the JMB are all great and will be one of Moshulu's best nights I think :)

Cheers

Stuart

Nah' date=' they're great. But I think they split up recently - the world [b']needs shallow cunt rockstars!

Ok so clearly the 11 fee cannot be justified (what was I thinking), but although I've recieved many hurlings of abuse and should realistically be preparing for some form of verbal talkdown when I go to this gig, i'm going to go anyway.

Thanks for nothing....again

Have you listened to the Dresden Dolls album? If you have then you'll realise it's a pretty damn good piece of work. They toured with NIN recently and they've received rave reviews. Bloody good band. I certainly wouldn't grudge the 11. I'd say it's perfectly justified. And all that aside Ross was putting in simple terms that he doesn't decide the ticket price, the booking agent does that.

You're just coming across as a whiney little teen, and frankly I doubt anyone cares if you come to the gig or not.

Ok so clearly the £11 fee cannot be justified

errr.....did you not read Ross' post....

very expensive.

The booking agent sets the ticket price.

I've put it in bold to make sure you can read it.....

And,in addition, Ross works very hard. He comes home late every night and works early. All to make sure people in Aberdeen get the chance to see some decent bands.

Shut up arsehole. I didn't say I wasn't coming' date=' infact I clearly stated that I [b']would still be going, but thats if you'd even bothered to read anything before letting your shitty little brain process anything and get all touchy.

Man, I really dislike you.

EDIT: Changed to Bold just so no more total wipes mistake what I said in previous posts. I can add hyperlinks too if you're just that thick

well he was stating some facts that you had cleerly missed, and i think its you whos getting a little touchy.

11 is nothing to see one of the most promising bands currently around

The 11 is going towards the cost of putting on some great entertainment. It's not cheap top get a band over from the US, Ross took a big chance on this gig to get one of the best up and coming acts to play Moshulu. Jo was so keen to play this gig that she's put together a band and flown up from Chichester specially, doesnt that say that this is a gig worth seeing ? The band are mentioned on the front page of the List this week, they are a huge up and coming band.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest RockMonkey
lapsus linguae!!

when did this get announced??

they are going to urinate on jo macaferty and the dresden dolls

That would make an interesting video. Is that part of the usual act or just for Aberdeen?

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
well he was stating some facts that you had cleerly missed

I'm post 1 and 2 and he's post 6 or 7....go figure tool bucket.

However, thanks RainbowPrincess for at least giving me an answer that actually helped!

That would make an interesting video. Is that part of the usual act or just for Aberdeen?

Maybe we should wear waterproofs on stage just in case? ;)

I'm post 1 and 2 and he's post 6 or 7....go figure tool bucket.

However' date=' thanks RainbowPrincess for at least giving me an answer that actually helped![/quote']

I er... pretty much just reiterated what Ross said... He did give you an answer, be it in frustrated terms, but he still gave you an answer...