aberdeen-music

11 to see Dresden Dolls at Moshulu

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

I've only seen one song on the screens of triple Kirks bar's jukebox and was thinking 11 is pretty steep for a band this size. Not sure if anyone else has really questioned the slightly inflated price but anyway; I was wondering about the support bands...are there any?

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

no no, I can and did find them on triple kirks - thats why I said so.

Its not just that but I've only heard of them from here and to be honest, I can go and see a renound band like Eighties Matchbox disasters for less.

I'll probably still go because they look pretty entertaining, but I think the price might put off many.

no no' date=' I can and did find them on triple kirks - thats why I said so.

Its not just that but I've only heard of them from here and to be honest, I can go and see a renound band like Eighties Matchbox disasters for less.

I'll probably still go because they look pretty entertaining, but I think the price might put off many.[/quote']

You have to remember that int he case od the Dresden Dolls you're paying for the fact they're a US Band now playing over here which involved work permits and additional costs, not to mention the fact that it's a band who may not be mainstream but are undoubtedly one of the coolest bands out there.

Add to that 2 supports and a one off chnace to see one of Aberdeen's most successfull and interesting local artists play with a full band and tada !

Cheers

Stuart

I've only seen one song on the screens of triple Kirks bar's jukebox and was thinking £11 is pretty steep for a band this size. Not sure if anyone else has really questioned the slightly inflated price but anyway; I was wondering about the support bands...are there any?

Well tell you what... don`t bother coming....

Dresden Dolls fee is not the same as your average band. They are very expensive.

The booking agent sets the ticket price. - *stuck record*

Infact.... feel free to come into the office on Tuesday and i`ll run through the figure for the gig and then you can tell me if you think 11 was too much.

*why do i even bother!

"Nothing decent comes to Aberdeen...moan moan whinge whinge.....and when something does people find something else to moan about.......ARGH!"

no no' date=' I can and did find them on triple kirks - thats why I said so.

I'll probably still go because they look pretty entertaining, but I think the price might put off many.[/quote']

Eighties Matchbox are looking at a 9 ticket for the last tour and they wanted 1500+

11.00........ Hardly a life changing amount here - about the price of four pints.

I got White Stripes tickets at 25 each, Paul Weller at 33. LCD Soundsystem at The Lemon Tree on Thursday is 15. The Pixies are 34 for the gig at Meadowband the same week. How much are Feeder at Crathes Castle?

Three bands at 11 is about 3.66 per band.

Then again, Interesting Music gigs are 5.00 - so make sure you attend Josephine Foster / Mi & Lau / tarpis taula / mickel mass on Tuesday of next week at The Tunnels.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27051

I don't think 11 is too much. Infact, considering they (well, Amanda Palmer anyway) are coming over from America, only for 3 shows, I probably wouldn't mind anything up to 15. I guess you have a point about how it may put people off if they aren't huge fans, but there is no doubt that they are (as previously said) one of the coolest bands in the game, with real thought and care put into every song/performance and with a very good grasp on the theories and techniques they employ as artists (read up on Bertolt Brecht). This is a very hard working band, i'd be enclined to go as far as to say 'cutting edge' in what they do (as in there aren't many accessible bands in a style based on the 1920's/30 burlesque/cabaret scene, most notably in Germany, although this 'scene' was widespread...) and above all they are fantastic songwriters. A band like this doesn't come to our sleepy little fishing town often, and although it is the week I am infact moving to Glasgow, I am delighted they are playing in Aberdeen, no matter how high the booking agent has set the ticket prices.

Why on earth am I awake this early.

Guest bluesxman

Not slagging off anything to do with the gig, but can't help but think a lot of the dynamic will be lost in the material by the drums being missing. Fair play to her for going through with it though, I guess lesser bands would have taken the easy option and cancelled.

Guest bluesxman

I quite fancied it but i'm thinking on going to this Gavfest thing on Saturday, and we are playing the Tunnels on Sunday so come Monday night i'm going to be a. skint and b. knackered.....

I quite fancied it but i'm thinking on going to this Gavfest thing on Saturday' date=' and we are playing the Tunnels on Sunday so come Monday night i'm going to be a. skint and b. knackered.....[/quote']

gavfest is a good call!

there can be no question as to whether gavfest is over-priced or not, as its totally free!

gavfest is a good call!

there can be no question as to whether gavfest is over-priced or not' date=' as its totally free![/quote']

aye but you've got to deal with mini fighting seagulls all night... hang on, i'd pay for that!

getting back on topic, i've never even heard the dresden dolls before but i'm desperate to see lapsus linguae. it's a shame that we're not going to get the full set up though... still, it could still be very good and not very many people are ever going to see this girl playing on her own.

tehheee..

wooo loads of money

people give me shit for charging them 2 to get into the moorings or drummonds when there's bands playing - 2!

and then they'll go in and spend more on a pint and not even think twice about it

let's throw in some examples..

it'll cost you 15 to sit in the stalls at the Grimsby Auditorium for 'The Meatloaf Story'

or 25 to see Franz Ferdinand at T on The Fringe

and people complain about paying a tenner to see some quality bands at their local venue

pffft! bands who have come ALL the way up here to play..

or would you prefer it if everyone just gave up

and you had to travel to glasgow to see everyone... and thus your expenses would be pretty much trebled... hmm...

:up:

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
Well tell you what... don`t bother coming....

!"

Shut up arsehole. I didn't say I wasn't coming' date=' infact I clearly stated that I [b']would still be going, but thats if you'd even bothered to read anything before letting your shitty little brain process anything and get all touchy.

Man, I really dislike you.

EDIT: Changed to Bold just so no more total wipes mistake what I said in previous posts. I can add hyperlinks too if you're just that thick

Shut up arsehole. I didn't say I wasn't coming' date=' infact I clearly stated that I [b']would still be going, but thats if you'd even bothered to read anything before letting your shitty little brain process anything and get all touchy.

Man, I really dislike you.

EDIT: Changed to Bold just so no more total wipes mistake what I said in previous posts. I can add hyperlinks too if you're just that thick

put yer handbag away min.

:rolleyes: