aberdeen-music

Under 18s - New Bar Policy

Flash@TMB

The door is only meant to be for use during a fire. You are not allowed to lock a firedoor, unless of course you drive an ice cream van. So anyone can use it - whether they are allowed to or not.

If a 14 year old is going to break the law by drinking, then a firedoor isn't going to prove much of an obstacle for them LOL.

As Robb said we could alarm it, but then it would cut off all sound, which might piss people off somewhat. And they would just invent some other technique, like filling condoms with Apple Sourz, swallowing them 36 hours in advance, then going to the toilets shitting them out and drinking the contents.

The door has been there for 75 years - it isn't the problem.

Most of our customers that are 20+ and contribute about 99% of our bar revenues would prefer not to see under 18s in the bar, unless they are hungry or haven't had a shag all day.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't they notice a little bit of light from the back door if you did that in the cinema?

It was at the end of a long dark passage.

They did notice one day when 'Children of a Lesser God' was playing and they only sold 2 tickets (one of them to us) but suddenly 12 people are in the cinema... They chased us all the way to the top of the Shiprow NCP where we slid down the roof of Grandfare/What everyone Want's external fire escape and jumped down onto Union Street.

Despite our best efforts last week there were still a couple of people willing to risk our license. For instance sneaking out the back door to drink a bottle of booze they'd hidden earlier. Unfortunately we'd get blamed for this despite not having served them anything all evening. So end of Under 18s admissions - well done whatever your name was!

From now on we may choose to admit some 17 year olds' date=' provided:

a) They have photographic ID proving they are at least 17.

AND EITHER

b) They are a member of a party that is predominantly over 18 (and can prove it)

OR

c) They are one half of a couple and their partner is over 18.

But this shall be entirely at the bars discretion.

We may also permit some people aged 14-18 to attend gigs but they would have to:

1) Contact me in advance to organise this and I'll add you to a list.

2) Identify themselves at the door, and provide proof that they are at least 14.

3) Provide proof of identity.

4) Be subject to a search.

5) Agree to be and remain clearly labelled as underage.

6) Desist from repeatedly entering, exiting, and re-entering the building. And this includes the back door!

7) Only be served soft drinks in cans - no glassware.

8) Agree to leave immediately if requested to do so, for instance if the bar gets very busy.

9) Do not have a bunch of mates hanging around outside.

10) Are sober, remain that way, and do not attempt to obtain any access to alcohol whilst in the bar!

Anyone prepared to strictly adhere to those conditions shall be able to attend Moorings gigs.[/quote']

ID does work..... they introduced it at a nightclub in Dundee, hence the following week the club was really quiet empty, just goes to show how many underage drinkers there were in the club. But then the venue's bank account wouldn't have been too healthy. :help:

It's entirely at the discretion of the venue owners at the end of the day

Whoever they were are assholes!

I enjoy going to the Mooring's, albeit only on a Saturday night (I have never tried any other night as I don't want the embarressment or any problems to arise for The Mooring's itself).

Flash, I'm 17 and will almost always have a Slayer t-shirt/hoody when I turn up (on Saturdays). I don't know what ID I'd take? I don't drive yet so no license, don't wanna take a passport really, umm... yeah!

I'm 18 in February so that's cool, but we'll need to work out what I should do for Saturday gigs?!

Cheers, James

We can work out arrangements for anyone responsible that would like to attend. Just PM me.

Whoever they were are assholes!

I enjoy going to the Mooring's' date=' albeit only on a Saturday night (I have never tried any other night as I don't want the embarressment or any problems to arise for The Mooring's itself).

Flash, I'm 17 and will almost always have a Slayer t-shirt/hoody when I turn up (on Saturdays). I don't know what ID I'd take? I don't drive yet so no license, don't wanna take a passport really, umm... yeah!

I'm 18 in February so that's cool, but we'll need to work out what I should do for Saturday gigs?!

Cheers, James[/quote']

ID does work..... they introduced it at a nightclub in Dundee' date=' hence the following week the club was really quiet empty, just goes to show how many underage drinkers there were in the club. But then the venue's bank account wouldn't have been too healthy. :help:

It's entirely at the discretion of the venue owners at the end of the day[/quote']

We were busier before we started admitting underagers - something that only dates back 18 months. Underagers are off putting to the drinking customers. And just one Frosty Jack or Oggy is better business than 100 underagers sharing a can of coke and stealing bogroll.

stupid cunts ruining it for all us responsible underagers!

i've only been to one gig there, but plan to go to others...im onli 16 and go to gigs weekly, never try to drink, coz i know i would ruin it for a lot of ppl. ill b sure to pm ya b4 the next moorings gig i wanna go to, its realy nice of you to offer this service flash...most places would just tell us to fuck off.

edit: what id would be required, coz i wouldnt realy feel safe taking my passport, and have nothing else realy

stupid cunts ruining it for all us responsible underagers!

i've only been to one gig there' date=' but plan to go to others...im onli 16 and go to gigs weekly, never try to drink, coz i know i would ruin it for a lot of ppl. ill b sure to pm ya b4 the next moorings gig i wanna go to, its realy nice of you to offer this service flash...most places would just tell us to fuck off.

edit: what id would be required, coz i wouldnt realy feel safe taking my passport, and have nothing else realy[/quote']

Anyone that would like to attend needs to PM me, then we can talk about the ID issue.

ok ok - heres one for you - i bet ur going to say no and thats it but ill ask anyway

what if your under 18..and 17(just as u said u have a policy on those too) - lets say 15 or 16...there was 2-4 of you and you wanted to go there too see a band, would you let them in - esp. if one or more new people in the band playing - would you let them in??

cause really, contacting u or whatever is such a hassle for what it is worth...

ok ok - heres one for you - i bet ur going to say no and thats it but ill ask anyway

what if your under 18..and 17(just as u said u have a policy on those too) - lets say 15 or 16...there was 2-4 of you and you wanted to go there too see a band' date=' would you let them in - esp. if one or more new people in the band playing - would you let them in??

cause really, contacting u or whatever is such a hassle for what it is worth...[/quote']

As far as I can see, the situation is pretty much what Flash here is trying to avoid (while I'll let him confirm seeing as he's not me!)

I think you have the wrong attitude, the Moorings have no obligation to let you, or I, in to see a band and saying it's too much hassle probably won't bother them. I am grateful for the opportunity to P.M. if necessary and will make sure I carry appropriate I.D. if I get the privilege to attend. If you really want to see the band I wouldn't think you'd consider hassle and would have no qualms with respecting a rule that's essentially there for a reason.

cause really' date=' contacting u or whatever is such a hassle for what it is worth...[/quote']

Well if it's not worth the hassle then its not worth going. From what I see Flash is being more than genrous with the concessions he's making. not really wise to look a gift horse in the mouth. In fact i'd say it was bare faced cheek.