aberdeen-music

Now you've got your results..

Penny

Guest Steve Irwin
Who the hell goes travelling after passing their highers?!

I have always wondered why people need to go through 4 years of uni before they are "QUALIFIED" to go travelling??

what will u be doing with yourself?

uni? if so' date=' what course and where?

travelling? if so.. where?

working? if so.. doing what?

i'm just about to start 'corporate communications' at RGU, i think i'm going to feel old compared to the majority of freshers.. again..[/quote']

Thats what I do! Just finished first year...well if Monday goes ok I have! Its quite a good course, don't let first semester put you off! How old are you? I felt really young when I started- 16 but the people in my class range from 17-23 and everyone gets on fine. Can't wait to get back to Uni, working 9-5 is killing me!

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
Usually people who have money thrown at them by relatives.

Or just those strong enough to, dare I say it, save their money

Oh My God I Just Said It.

Travelling after highers sounds like a great idea.

I am working in Paris as an au pair for a year...which is kind of travelling but self-supporting (ish) might I add! Then it's off to uni either in London; south of England or Paris...to do French or French Law;I'll have to wait and see who wants me!

I am working in Paris as an au pair for a year...which is kind of travelling but self-supporting (ish) might I add! Then it's off to uni either in London; south of England or Paris...to do French or French Law;I'll have to wait and see who wants me!

That sounds absolutely incredible! I'm too keen to get to university to do a gap year beforehand, but I want to go to France (probably Paris) after my degree and just laze around being pseudo-French.

I spent years of my life dropping French words into conversations and generally thinking I was French; basically pissing everyone off; so everyone's mega-pleased I've finally gone to live with the frogs! Paris is fab! I've only been here for a month and a half but i'm into the rhythm of my French life; plus my French has improved dramatically; c'est chouette! Originally I wanted to go to university this year but I got rejected from what I wanted to do everywhere; so I thought that this was the better option! Saying that; it's harder work than people imagine! 3 Kids 7 days a week is certainly not easy; especially when your trying to tell them off and can't remember the word you need! At the moment I'm in St. Etienne for a week; I've already been to the Alps; and I'm off to Brittany next week!It's tiring!

But if you want to come and live here for some time why not spend next Summer holidays working for 3 months in Paris? It involves a bit of organisation; but it would be a great oppurtunity; and it's perhaps a bit less scary than the full jump to living here! Plus the advantage is that French people do actually work 35 hours a week; point. So lots of relaxing time! Good luck in your pseudo-French quest!

Another downside is the bloody keyboards! Takes about 10 minutes to type one sentence!

I spent years of my life dropping French words into conversations and generally thinking I was French; basically pissing everyone off; so everyone's mega-pleased I've finally gone to live with the frogs! Paris is fab! I've only been here for a month and a half but i'm into the rhythm of my French life; plus my French has improved dramatically; c'est chouette! Originally I wanted to go to university this year but I got rejected from what I wanted to do everywhere; so I thought that this was the better option! Saying that; it's harder work than people imagine! 3 Kids 7 days a week is certainly not easy; especially when your trying to tell them off and can't remember the word you need! At the moment I'm in St. Etienne for a week; I've already been to the Alps; and I'm off to Brittany next week!It's tiring!

But if you want to come and live here for some time why not spend next Summer holidays working for 3 months in Paris? It involves a bit of organisation; but it would be a great oppurtunity; and it's perhaps a bit less scary than the full jump to living here! Plus the advantage is that French people do actually work 35 hours a week; point. So lots of relaxing time! Good luck in your pseudo-French quest!

Another downside is the bloody keyboards! Takes about 10 minutes to type one sentence!

I was thinking about doing some au-pair work next Summer actually, because my mum's friend lives in the South of France (score!) and she said she could find me a family that I could live with for a couple of months. It would be a great advantage for university, and just living in France sounds incredible.

Although if I do French and International Relations at Uni, then the 3rd year is living in France, which is definitely a bonus.

Anyway, have fun, I'm really jealous stuck here in Aberdeen :(