aberdeen-music

Ska sunday: Sonic Boom Six, Schpleen, Misled Youth, The Upstarts + more

kirkt

line-up isn't full yet but I thought people like to know that on Sunday October 9th, it will be an all day ska day. Headlining the day will be Manchesters ska meets rap meets drum n bass crew Sonic Boom Six who if you've seen them before, you'll know they're easily one of the best bands in the UK right now.

Schpleen are an ace skacore band from London www.myspace.com/schpleen on No Totem Records, also playing will be Edinburghs Misled Youth and local ska punkers The Upstarts. More bands TBC

Go on Amy, tell me your excited bout it!

@ Tunnels, 1pm- 4.30pm, 5 door tax

You don't like Sonic Boom Six? I think the UK scene is fucking ace right now(from top of my head): Sonic Boom Six, Freaks Union, No Comply, Fireapple Red, Steel Rules Die, Bosseye, Zombina and the Skeletones, The Dauntless Elite, No Substance, Adequate 7, The Mingers, Capdown, Fletcher, 3 Storeys High, Grown at Home, Captain Everything, The Dead Pets, Four Letter Word, Pilger, Intent, Jets vs Sharks, One Car Pile Up, Homebrew, W.O.R.M, Duckstab, Hi Tech Jet, Annalise, Vanilla Pod, Phinius Gage, Fandangle, The Dangerfields, Eastfield, Tauntra, Swellbellys, Misled Youth, Shatterhand, Send More Paramedics, Shotgun Democracy, LoveJunk, The Hunchbacks...I could go on all day. Anyone who says punk in the UK is poor, isn't paying enough attention.

You don't like Sonic Boom Six?

Er... not really as they headlined one of our gigs took all our money and were shit to be honest.

The crowd were there for us and no-one else that night and music teacher from my school who is a Jordie agreed they were crud.

Er... not really as they headlined one of our gigs took all our money and were shit to be honest.

The crowd were there for us and no-one else that night and music teacher from my school who is a Jordie agreed they were crud.

No, they headlined their gig - because they were headlining. They took more money because they have ti travel. You were supporting, expect 30-50 quid.

They are not crud.

I'm sure they were better than you. They didnt steal all your money, they were contracted to get a certain ammount of money. Not too much, back then probably only about 100- 120 which is not a lot for a band like that who have the likes of van hire, petrol money to cover.

keep it ska!

How about asking one man race to play, there awesome and localish! Oh and spaceman lance too. Also Almighty Me from glasgow and ofcourse the best scottish ska band Bombskare!!!!

Oh and someone should get Catch-It Kebabs up to Aberdeen, I know they would come up if asked and there well good ska band! Or The Capones there just so many SKA bands that would love to come up here but don't get asked or know about up here. I'll stop now!

Catch it Kebabs were originally going to play this but are now likely to be coming early next year. Expect at least one of the other bands you mentioned though...

aye theres a lot of good ska bands in the UK right now. Check out Smoke Like a Fish, Too Many Crooks, Duff Muffin, APB...basically anyone on Do the Dog records

No' date=' they headlined their gig - because they were headlining. They took more money because they have ti travel. You were supporting, expect 30-50 quid.

They are not crud.[/quote']

Yeah it was more like 17. The only crowd was thier to see us.

I don't think punk in Uk is rubbish its hardly even bad its more good. I just don't agree SB6 are at the pinnaicle of that (i can't spell!!!)

And if you don't know about guarentees and suchlike, who's to say you weren't ripped off by whoever was running the night?

Anyway, as a support band, you're lucky to be getting anything, it's hardly unheard of for support acts to have to pay their way into support slots elsewhere.

Catch it Kebabs were originally going to play this but are now likely to be coming early next year. Expect at least one of the other bands you mentioned though...

aye theres a lot of good ska bands in the UK right now. Check out Smoke Like a Fish' date=' Too Many Crooks, Duff Muffin, APB...basically anyone on Do the Dog records[/quote']

Awesome that will be good. Haha I like how you didn't name which band, weee.

smoke like a fish are awesome! I haven't heard of the others so I still look them up. I know so many bands who r good and punk/ska like who have asked me about gigs in aberdeen but i never knew how to get them gigs. maybe I can hook them up with you or something? Hardcore/emo all that bands r alright but we need more ska/punk up here eh.

And if you don't know about guarentees and suchlike' date=' who's to say you weren't ripped off by whoever was running the night?

Anyway, as a support band, you're lucky to be getting anything, it's hardly unheard of for support acts to have to pay their way into support slots elsewhere.[/quote']

Whilst I think the guy is wrong that sb6 were overpaid - bands shouldn't pay to play.