aberdeen-music

Golf

framheim

who plays? i've just started playing again after a break of about 8 years or so and i'm having a blast. anyone got any swing tips? me and my friends have a tendancy to slice alot and my driving is terrible. also looking at getting some new clubs and could do with some recommendations etc.

aren't we lucky in aberdeen to have such cheap and available council golf clubs? makes you feel a bit better when you're shit and having a bad round when you've only paid a couple of quid.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im considering getting started into golf again. Stopped about 6 years ago. I used to be pretty good, but i went on a driving range about a year ago and realised how rubbish you can get in that time. i think, but dont take this as utter truth, that slicing is to do with the distance each foot is to the ball. For example, if the ball is more towards your front foot in your stance, it will go one way. Too close to the back foot and it goes the other way. i think

Guest bluesxman

I've been playing about 5 years on and off, been playing heaps this year but seem to get no better, inconsistent as hell. It's the devil's game I tell you....slicing can be due to hand position, position of ball in relation to feet, not only between but also distance from, swing trajectory, etc. My advice? Get a lesson - they will give you the essential pointers to correct the basic mistakes, then you need to go out and practice those tips. Knowing how to play different lies helps a lot too as there are so many things to know for uphill, downhill, ball below feet, ball above feet, bunker shots, etc. Usually this means you have so much shite going on in your head it becomes hard just to think on hitting the fecking thing......

If you are slicing you must be keeping the club head open all the way throughout your swing, and not giving it a chance to straighten out before impact. On your downswing, trying "rolling" your wrists to the left a bit more just as the club passes your hips.

*Was told this in lesson*

who plays? i've just started playing again after a break of about 8 years or so and i'm having a blast. anyone got any swing tips? me and my friends have a tendancy to slice alot and my driving is terrible. also looking at getting some new clubs and could do with some recommendations etc.

aren't we lucky in aberdeen to have such cheap and available council golf clubs? makes you feel a bit better when you're shit and having a bad round when you've only paid a couple of quid.

Most problems with slicing are due to bad alignment, so make sure that your feet, hips and shoulders are all perfectly aligned on the target. If anything is "open" ie. aiming to the left, the tendency will be to slice the ball.

how'd you manage that rico? don't take this the wrong way but you're nae the biggest of folk. what kind of driver do you use? do you just have your technique down or fit? was there a hurricane blowing behind you? :p

i was at the driving range today and was getting about 200 yards on my drives which i'm happy with, wish i could drive 310 though.

how'd you manage that rico? don't take this the wrong way but you're nae the biggest of folk. what kind of driver do you use? do you just have your technique down or fit? was there a hurricane blowing behind you? :p

i was at the driving range today and was getting about 200 yards on my drives which i'm happy with' date=' wish i could drive 310 though.[/quote']

fancy going up to hazlehead some night next week?