aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Thus far' date=' I'm glad I opted not to go to Dumbarton today............[/quote']

Bet you changed your mind 20 minutes after posting that.

1st Division West Coast Identity Crisis 0-1 Inverness

Dundee United 0-2 Satan's Revolting XI

Motherwell 2-3 Dunfermline

Amazing how you turn it on after making sure you stay up. Arabs on Tuesday, if all goes well we could finish in the dizzy heights of 9th place.

May i be the first to congratulate and thank Jake for sticking it to Brewster with a 1-0 nil win. I promise we will lay down to you boys next weekend to ensure you finish above them.

Brewster's record at Scumdee Utd is getting more laughable by the day!!

Guest neil ex

Hopefully we can repay the huns by beating their diddy chums towmorrow night. If we win towmorrow (asking a lot, I know), we'll go 4th and have a realistic chance of European football next year!

We can at least take Heart (excuse the pun) that we're going into probably our toughest match of the season following our best performance of the season, and that we have already won at Tynecastle this year. If we get a result towmorrow night, it will make for one hell of a final weekend of games! Hopefully Hearts will stay true to the 'bridesmaids' tag.

Guest neil ex
May i be the first to congratulate and thank Jake for sticking it to Brewster with a 1-0 nil win. I promise we will lay down to you boys next weekend to ensure you finish above them.

Brewster's record at Scumdee Utd is getting more laughable by the day!!

I imagine it would've been a similar feeling for Pars fans if you'd beaten us to that top 6 finish but sweeter considering what was to play for..

It must be absolutely terrible being a Utd fan right now. I actually supported Utd for about a week when I was in primary 7 when Aberdeen were having a poor season (not proud of this fact :O , was on a school ski trip to Glenshee at the time), but apart from that week I've never ever supported any other club other than Aberdeen.

Apparently (sssshhhhhh) Zippy once owned a huns shirt!! :down::laughing:

Guest neil ex

Here Paterson, I'll watch the game with you if it's on in the pub and you're prepared to sit and watch the game without mocking half the Aberdeen team this time.

Here Paterson' date=' I'll watch the game with you if it's on in the pub and you're prepared to sit and watch the game without mocking half the Aberdeen team this time.[/quote']

Me and half of Pittodrie were mocking that performance!!

Aye, think i'll be up for that. Did I send you my new mobile number?

Hopefully we can repay the huns by beating their diddy chums
Fuck off!

We can at least take Heart (excuse the pun) that we're going into probably our toughest match of the season following our best performance of the season' date=' [/quote'] err, yes. 4-0 against Hibs is as good as beating the champions by their biggest margin of loss in 5 years, right enough

and that we have already won at Tynecastle this year
against an unsettled team, managed by that twat Rix and his 4-5-1 embarrasingly defensive formation, reliant on a late own goal
. If we get a result towmorrow night, it will make for one hell of a final weekend of games! Hopefully Hearts will stay true to the 'bridesmaids' tag.
Yep. 'cos even if I wasn't a Hearts fan, I'd say the best thing that could possibly happen for Scottish football would be for the Old Firm 1st and 2nd place thing to remain ad nauseum. Would be terrible if the league was in any way interesting...

Guest neil ex

Wise up, I'm being optimistic.

I'd still rather be going into this match after beating Hibs 4-0 than after drawing the previous week 0-0 with Kilmarnock, especially after your win against Celtic. Tell me, how come you couldn't beat Celtic when the league title was undecided?

I'm 99% sure you would have won the league had Rix not been in charge! What a shame!

And yes, if it means Aberdeen might have a chance of playing European football next season, I'd like your bigger team to finish second. It's called wanting what's best for your club.

Guest neil ex
reliant on a late own goal Yep

Make that two own goals! I do believe that Chris Clark was credited though for the second. Maybe we should have been awarded two points instead of three points for that win, seeing as own goals aren't as good as normal goals even though we out played you.

Remember Graeme 'big name manager as promised' Rix's first game in charge? I remember Hearts' equaliser being similar in that it took a wicked deflection, deceiveing the keeper. Maybe you should have been offered half a point for that game.

So how long is it then since Aberdeen scored at Tynecastle??!! :laughing:

I remember Hearts' equaliser being similar in that it took a wicked deflection' date=' deceiveing the keeper.[/quote']

I saw someone from the crowd threw a pie into the 18 yard box, and Esson dived for that instead.

Why weren't *young female cheerleaders* Reds and Co performing at that game?

btw The game's not on anywhere I don't think. :down:

I did think that. Are there not any dodgy pubs in aberdeen who have Lithuanian digital, or Red Tv or something?

Put a 5 double on a Caley v. Falkirk draw, and Hearts v. Dons draw. Fingers crossed, as that'd be the perfect results ( and before you ask, i want caley to drop points against falkirk, so that Dundee Utd finish 11th)

By the way, u heard it here first-

- John Rankin and Don Cowie from Ross County are heading to Caley

- Ian Black and David Proctor from ICT heading to Dundee Utd

Pretty much a done and dusted deal.

By the way' date=' u heard it here first-

Pretty much a done and dusted deal.[/quote']

mabye don cowie but isint rankin wanted bey bigger club than caley like st mirren and dundee utd. celtic were lookin at him just before christmas aswell.

rumours ive heard regarding caley i sthat browns off to dundee utd, and richard brittain is joining.

Nah, Rankin and Cowie are both wanting to stay in the Highlands, so are prepared to go to Caley rather than a "big" club. Celtic were after Don Cowie, but he doesn't want to go down there to sit on the bench (look at Pearson, Lawson, Liam Miller, Colin Healy etc etc).

Brown is going absolutely nowhere. Same with Dargo. Dods is wanted by Hibs if they canna get Varga.

If Scumdee Utd finish 11th instead of 9th, they'll have £80k-£100k less, so will only be able to r*pe us of one or two players at most.

Guest neil ex
I did think that. Are there not any dodgy pubs in aberdeen who have Lithuanian digital' date=' or Red Tv or something?

[/quote']

Never thought of that. I don't know of any though. What about you? Anyone?

Anyone got Red TV at home, we'll supply the beer! ;)

Nah, canna think of any. Think i'm just going to listen on the radio

World Cup drinking to come though!! Thank heavens i'm 1% Tobagan, 2% Swedish and 5% Paraguayan; i have someone to support since Scotland didn't get in.

All seriousness though- Got £1 each way bet on Serbia and Montenegro. Best defence in hte world, 1-0 wins all the way to the final.

Guest DustyDeviada
By the way' date=' u heard it here first-

Pretty much a done and dusted deal.[/quote']

Wow, what a fantastic and exciting revelation, hold the back page. ;)

Much less exciting than *shock Gary Dempsey, Danny Griffin, Neil McFarlane!!

Gordon Strachan, manager of the SPL champions, has stated he's interested in Cowie, and Rankin is 1st Division player of the year, former Man Utd, and a Future Scotland cap. Any of the above Dons players got a CV like that.

Also, bear in mind we have the smallest wage budget in the SPL, and never waste money on duds, unlike *ahem. We are going to be the only SPL team to come out in profit this season (a feat achieved last year too). We're 'no in the Red!! (escuse the pun)

;)