aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

Partick Thistle 1-0 Forfar

Super-sub Adam Strachan earned the three points for Partick as they reignited their promotion hopes. Thistle should have taken a first-half lead following good work from Billy Dodds but Paul Ritchie lifted the ball over the bar from just three yards. Dodds again proved a threat two minutes into the second half when he nodded a corner against the post. It was left to Strachan to grab the decisive strike when he rifled a 66th-minute shot into the net.

Another three points towards the play-offs, then. ICT next Saturday............

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twas actually a good game down Todders today. Nicholsons goal was a peach and our play in general was the best I've seen this season since the opening day. A dodgy pen and a moment of madness in defense Killie salvage a draw despite us steamrolling them, AND actually looking a threat for the entire 90 minutes.

I'm going down to Tynecastle this Saturday and something tells me we'll get a replay and hump them up here.

twas actually a good game down Todders today. Nicholsons goal was a peach and our play in general was the best I've seen this season since the opening day. A dodgy pen and a moment of madness in defense Killie salvage a draw despite us steamrolling them' date=' AND actually looking a threat for the entire 90 minutes.

I'm going down to Tynecastle this Saturday and something tells me we'll get a replay and hump them up here.[/quote']

Nothing dodgy about the pen......Byrne jumped into the challenge like a stupid schoolkid....again. Wales went down like he'd been shot, but there was definite contact. Not one Dons player contested the decision, and most of the defender just looked at Byrne in disbelief that he made the challenge in the first place. Tell it's own story.

Shame he got injured, but frankly i'm delighted he'll be out of the side for 6 weeks.

I'm going down to Tynecastle this Saturday and something tells me we'll get a replay and hump them up here.

Insanity? Blind loyalty? Ignoring the form book? :p

McFarlane'll turn out to be a great signing for Aberdeen, as long as he can stay injury-free. Just don't expect to see defence-splitting passes from him. Or indeed forward passes.

4-1 to the mighty JTs against the Hibees - fantastic! 2 points closer in the title race, although the sticky buns are still a bit too close for comfort.

Guest tv tanned

I sit directly behind the goal at the RDS, and you heard the challenge as the shin guards whacked together. A daft challenge as Wales was always looking to draw the foul.

Another two points lost due to our inability to keep a lead. We need to have the confidence to finish teams off, rather than trying to protect a one goal advantage, which we are notoriously rubbish at.

Insanity? Blind loyalty? Ignoring the form book? :p

McFarlane'll turn out to be a great signing for Aberdeen' date=' as long as he can stay injury-free. Just don't expect to see defence-splitting passes from him. Or indeed forward passes.

4-1 to the mighty JTs against the Hibees - fantastic! 2 points closer in the title race, although the sticky buns are still a bit too close for comfort.[/quote']

Insanity? Possibly. Blind Loyalty? Most Definatley. Ignoring the form book? Well, unbeaten in 2006 for the Dandies while the Tarts get gubbed by Killie one week and narrowly squeeze past their rivals (;)). Anyway, everyone knows the form booked is thrown out the window in cup-ties.

Guest neil ex

You must give credit to Kaunas for getting a result though because they are a dirty team and they were missing two of their dirtiest players - Paul Hartley (animal) and Rudi Skacel (diving cheating bastard).. Well done!

You must give credit to Kaunas for getting a result though because they are a dirty team and they were missing two of their dirtiest players - Paul Hartley (animal) and Rudi Skacel (diving cheating bastard).. Well done!

Ah bless. It must be great supporting such a noble team with no dirty players in it.

How long do you think a club needs to "underachieve" until people realise that they are in fact "shite"?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
How long do you think a club needs to "underachieve" until people realise that they are in fact "shite"?

At a rough guess, I think it's 6-7 seasons of winning nothing with roughly one change of manager for each of those seasons.

Guest neil ex
Ah bless. It must be great supporting such a noble team with no dirty players in it.

Apologies, was a bit bitter about the game.. :up:

We've now a dirty player in Neil McFarlane.. :D

yea id much rather support a team that owned very few of their first team squad and have a main shareholder that has a freekish way of running a football club.

Yeah, let's see about that then, using what is probably Hearts strongest/most consistent team:

Gordon - Owned by Hearts

Neilson - Owned by Hearts

Pressley - Owned by Hearts

Webster - Owned by Hearts

Fyssas - Owned by Hearts

Skacel - Loaned from Marseille

Hartley - Owned by Hearts

Brellier - Owned by Hearts

Beslija - Loaned from Kaunas

Elliot - Owned by Hearts

Pospisil - Owned by Hearts

Yeah, I see your point right enough.

Alvin my boy. Romanov is picking the team. Hearts players criticising him. Webster refusing to even negotiate a new contract after being dropped. Emergency meeting tomorrow to discuss the future of Tynecastle. Rix declared unfit to manage in the SPL by the SFA.

Just some of the rumours doing the rounds tonight. one of which is definatley true.....Romanov IS picking the team. i know it must be hard admist such success, but are you not even the slightest bit worried for your club?

Great game last night, despite Rangers having a lot of chances in the second half I never felt they would score, they jsut couldn't hit the target.

There's definitely a lot of weird goings on at hearts just now. There's an article written by Steven Pressley in today's Daily Record. He speaks about why he and all the players want to have a meeting with Romanov.

captain big bazza ferguson posted missing yet again for his employers. arf. champions league? you're havin a laff.

also: although i love floodlit games and snow, my left hand was numb and frozen for a couple of hours after the match.

actually, on that point: foster, leave the gloves behind next time you step on the pitch, eh? you're neither moroccan, nor do you play for dundee (although that could change)