aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Couldn't you Dons have done us a favour and lost to the Arabs last week' date=' Chisholm might still be in a job by now

I am still totally fizzing, i've abandoned my essay to go on every ICT and DUFC message board on the web so i can keep up to date with developments.[/quote']

I'm not rubbing it in, but this is how I felt when Davie Hay let Uncle Craig go to Caley with NO attempt to dissuade him. Brewster was never going to turn down the Arabs gig. You'll miss him, we still miss him.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
3-0 Dunfermline was it in the CIS quarter finals?

Should be an easy game then!

It sure was, then we lost at home to Lavvy 4 days later! It's purgatory supporting the DA.

Depends which Hibs side show up, really. You never know with them. Be prepared to settle for a point, it would be a good away point.

*any Hibees on here?*

Guest neil ex

When Hibs played up here this season they didn't threaten Aberdeen once until they brought on Sproul at half time.. He caused us many a problem that day, though the game was decided by what could only be described as a fresh air clearance from none other than Zander Diamond - a ball that Lee Wilkie would have had no problem clearing, and that's without the aid of a hand!

We've not a bad record at Easter Road, but it's not great either and Hibs seem to have a better away record aswell. It might depend on how Hibs approach the match and how much respect they show us.. I've got a sneaky feeling we'll grab a result, but I'm also a bit worried that we might get hammered (Hibs will toy with us if we play a first half like we did against United, and Motherwell). No Seve = big loss..

Guest neil ex
he's done it !!!! BREWSTERS JUST SIGNED FOR SCUMDEE USHITED

psych.

I'm a bit sad for Caley aswell. Do you think Brewster will be able to motivate those underachieving nobodies at United?

Guest neil ex
i doubt they'll show you much respect at all

The last two encounters, Easter Road especially, just showed Hibs' superiority over your shite team. How much money did Hibs spend in the summer compared to Rangers? Youse'll be pissing your pants at the prospect of coming up against Hibs in the Scottish cup.

Oh there'll be no Huns at Hampden!

no Huns at Hampden

Oh there'll be no Huns at Hampden!

No trophies at Ibrox either - well maybe the Champions League! :laughing:

slightly off the beaten track here but it is football related. does anyone else fancy Morten Gamst Pedersen? i am a straight man with a long term girlfriend however i find myself more and more attracted to the little Norwegian. that is all

I got my hair cut like him a while back! Without the blonde bits. He's a bit weedy tho, I imagine the lassies might lean more towards that brute Ryan Nelson

becuase their a small club' date=' with no major financial backing. they cant offer big tranfer sprees or high wages[/quote']

We are pretty much the only SPL club to be running at a profit though, with no debt to speak of. Plus, if you look at the managers that have left us, they have all gone to a club that they had played for, and have emotional ties to.

Pele- Aberdeen

Robbo- Hearts

Special Brew (maybe)- Dundee Utd

Caley have only been in existence for 11 years, that isn't long enough for us to have these same emotional ties. Maybe one day Iain Stewart will manage us, or Charlie Christie will make the step up.

McNaughton to Fulham?! we better get a shed load of cash for him!. Fingers crossed it wont be another "Stephen Glass" scenario. Kev has been with us since he was 13 so we should be entitled to a wedge of cash. Why is it Premiership teams think they can rip off the SPL but for some reason it's ok to pay millions for other journey men from random English sides.

still, maybe we could buy Ryan Smith from Buckie - he's better than kev anyway!!

McNaughton to Fulham?! we better get a shed load of cash for him!. Fingers crossed it wont be another "Stephen Glass" scenario. Kev has been with us since he was 13 so we should be entitled to a wedge of cash. Why is it Premiership teams think they can rip off the SPL but for some reason it's ok to pay millions for other journey men from random English sides.

still' date=' maybe we could buy Ryan Smith from Buckie - he's better than kev anyway!![/quote']

The question is.... which Dunfermline player are you going to replace him with??

My money's on Greg Shields. He's actually an alright player

Just don't take Ross Tokely!! Let the abuse begin