aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but no-one actually pays attention to donstalk. I've seen the same rumour from 3 different posters with 3 equally vague "sources" today on another site. Bollocks to it.

Ha ha donstalk spouts a lot of pish, its also seems to be the Evening Express' "source" when they are having a slow day, which could be why everyone is so confused over the Severin issue.

Definatley thought he'd be away though - fantastic news that hes staying

Guest neil ex
another fucking 0-0 draw. glad I didn't go to the game now. fuck's sake. at least we've kept our unbeaten record against Caley.

Chris, you've got to forget the result (disappointing I know) and take on board the performance. I was at the Dunfermline game and it was utter pish, apparently Livi was even worse, and we got absolutely gubbed by Motherwell on Boxing Day. A 0-0 draw with Caley is utter pish, but Aberdeen were the better team (same old story) and at least we've improved from the last three games. Atleast we didn't get beat. Aberdeen have been shite this season, but I still *gulp* fancy us to finish in the top 6. With Seve back next week, I reckon we'll gub United (they're worse than us right now!), and we'll start to pick up. The players can take a little confidence from yesterday's game hopefully..

How good was that run by Chris Clark..? Got me off my seat!!

Guest neil ex
F****** 1-2 Dunfermline

Thought you'd enjoy that result.

I got a bit of banter tonight with the first Dunfermline fan I've ever met and youse are actually not that bad!

I was at the Caley game with PopTart (and Sir Edwin of Isaac)

Firstly, let's take the negatives. Byrne got man of the match for aimless running and poor distribution; John Stewart gave the worst display of ball control in the history of soccer; Nicholson belied his price tag; and most obviously, we missed easy chances.

However, despite the dire first half performance, there were positives. McNaughton looked absolutely solid in the decent-looking back three partnership; Clark looked assured at right-back; Stewart's performance must confirm to Jimmy C that he is bawbag; and basically, we did everything but score against an unthreatening 6th placed side. Sacking Calderwood right now would be wrong, which is what Dons fans have been suggesting on radio phone-ins

I was at the Caley game with PopTart (and Sir Edwin of Isaac)

Firstly' date=' let's take the negatives. Byrne got man of the match for aimless running and poor distribution; John Stewart gave the worst display of ball control in the history of soccer; Nicholson belied his price tag; and most obviously, we missed easy chances.

However, despite the dire first half performance, there were positives. McNaughton looked absolutely solid in the decent-looking back three partnership; Clark looked assured at right-back; Stewart's performance must confirm to Jimmy C that he is bawbag; and basically, we did everything but score against an unthreatening 6th placed side. Sacking Calderwood right now would be wrong, which is what Dons fans have been suggesting on radio phone-ins[/quote']

i totaly disagree, ive always been at mcnaughtons defence, but he was piss poor yesterday with passing, byrne was good at going forward but still made his trade mark errors, stewart played his best game in an aberdeen shirt in my opinion, he was good in the air, and looked a decent threat

Does failing to control everything that was floated his way, mis-kicking, and not having any shots on target (nor probably any shots full stop) constitute a good performance from a "striker"? I think not. Where was his trademark pace? In Jimmy's mind, in which it has only ever existed

On the other hand, it appeared to me McNaughton handled the threat of heftier players than him, such as Brewster, very well, with several timely clearances and interventions. As PopTart mentioned, he never gets much praise because he is not very well liked player by the fans. Which is a shame, because he is talented

he is or at leased was, hes a full international, and great at going forward. wasnt to sad today when i found out hes turned a new deal down.

as for stewart he seamed to play on the wing yesterday rather than a central position. if you want to have a go at somoenes ball control then look no further than darren mackie

This is true, this is true. I'm not exempting Mackie from the poor control comment, but he is clearly a better player than John "Convict" Stewart. Well, a better finisher.

Kev has turned down a new deal? I wasn't aware of that. Thought with Seve signing a new one, others would follow his lead. Losing players like McNaughton isn't what we need, especially with Jimmy's signing record

This is true' date=' this is true. I'm not exempting Mackie from the poor control comment, but he is clearly a better player than John "Convict" Stewart. Well, a better finisher.

Kev has turned down a new deal? I wasn't aware of that. Thought with Seve signing a new one, others would follow his lead. Losing players like McNaughton isn't what we need, especially with Jimmy's signing record[/quote']

id say mackie was more of the finished product, but stewart is a bloody good finisher, the best at the club acording to calderwood, hes scored 6 in 4 for reserves.

it was on teletext today about keven, i think hes the type of player who will be at his peek in his late twentys, english championship meterial no doubt