aberdeen-music

Bands that get worse with every album

The Milner

Ice!

Fuck' date=' that's weird you mentioning them - I found this on ebay a couple of days ago.....

[url']http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1574&item=4749709531&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Slightly overpriced.....

fuck me !

I've got that....

it's so old that the CD is degrading! (I tried to rip it to my pc, but the last track (swimmer ?) is "too long" (it's well over 74 mins on the CD, and just starts to skip now.

"buy it now for 50 quid" ?....jeezuz.

I've also got the God lp "anatomy of addiction"...I wonder how much the pair would go for ?!

Pearl Jam:

The evidence

Ten (fantastically brilliant)

Versus (brilliant)

Vitalogy (very good)

No Code (good)

Yeild (not bad)

Binaural (bad)

Riot Act (shite)

Lost Dogs (kill me)

If anything Pearl Jam got slightly worse before getting much better. Yeild and Riot Act are amazing albums with lots of contrasts...you're silly...

fuck me !

I've got that....

it's so old that the CD is degrading! (I tried to rip it to my pc' date=' but the last track (swimmer ?) is "too long" (it's well over 74 mins on the CD, and just starts to skip now.

"buy it now for 50 quid" ?....jeezuz.

I've also got the God lp "anatomy of addiction"...I wonder how much the pair would go for ?![/quote']

Yeah, I've got the God one - and the remix CD of it as well.

God's "Loco : Live" CD sold on ebay a few weeks ago for over 90 (NINETY!!) quid!

One of my mates has them both - "Got them for a tenner in Rough Trade".

I'm watching that Ice CD out of curiosity - I doubt it'll sell.

I'd have to agree - nothing is as good as "young team".

Mind you' date=' even at their worst they still piss on 99% of the bands mentioned regulary on this forum from a very great height.

I mean, Limp Bizkit, Taking Back Sunday, Good Cunting Charlotte...... for fucks sake.......[/quote']

agreed, mogwai are still "good", but, since Young Team, they have (in my book) been steadily running out of Ideas.

young team STILL makes me go "jeesus, taht's good"...where as the silver jobber (last lp)...is "nice background music for a dinner party".

hardly worth writing home about.

"now you're taken" (bmx hero's EP) Vs ANYTHING off the last lp ? (no contest).

"like herod" Vs "moses I amn't"....zzzzzzz

It took me 3 LP's to realise that mogwai were getting worse, and that was a sad day, but I've moved on now...I wish they weren't, but, they are. (in my book).

agreed' date=' mogwai are still "good", but, since Young Team, they have (in my book) been steadily running out of Ideas.

young team STILL makes me go "jeesus, taht's good"...where as the silver jobber (last lp)...is "nice background music for a dinner party".

hardly worth writing home about.

"now you're taken" (bmx hero's EP) Vs ANYTHING off the last lp ? (no contest).

"like herod" Vs "moses I amn't"....zzzzzzz

It took me 3 LP's to realise that mogwai were getting worse, and that was a sad day, but I've moved on now...I wish they weren't, but, they are. (in my book).[/quote']

They were never the same once they started singing!

Yeah' date=' I've got the God one - and the remix CD of it as well.

God's "Loco : Live" CD sold on ebay a few weeks ago for over 90 (NINETY!!) quid!

One of my mates has them both - "Got them for a tenner in Rough Trade".

I'm watching that Ice CD out of curiosity - I doubt it'll sell.[/quote']

I've got the pathology comp too, (on tape), it's got very early God, Ice, naplam death, Godflesh (love is a dog from hell), Carcass etc...

I've also got ice's "ghosts" on 12" (but, it's pretty ropey!).

I'd doubt that ice CD will sell too...

I'd like to hear that live god lp...

the God remix one you said you had, what's that ? who remixed them ? I've never heard of that one....oooh.

Dude it's a b-sides album. It isn't supposed to be up to the standards of their other albums so it's not really valid in this kinda thread.

Or am I alone in this opinion?

As far as I'm concerned, they're Pearl Jam, everything they do should be fantastic. Anyone who can write tracks like Rear View Mirror, Daughter, Better Man and Alive are obviously gods, and should consistently achieve godlike status.

Maybe my expectations of Pearl Jam are a LITTLE high, granted...

As far as I'm concerned' date=' they're Pearl Jam, everything they do should be fantastic. Anyone who can write tracks like Rear View Mirror, Daughter, Better Man and Alive are obviously gods, and should consistently achieve godlike status.

Maybe my expectations of Pearl Jam are a LITTLE high, granted...[/quote']

A LITTLE high???

Are you on about the same Pearl Jam as I'm thinking of? Or is there another band out there that aren't slightly-bland MOR rockers?

I've got the pathology comp too' date=' (on tape), it's got very early God, Ice, naplam death, Godflesh (love is a dog from hell), Carcass etc...

I've also got ice's "ghosts" on 12" (but, it's pretty ropey!).

I'd doubt that ice CD will sell too...

I'd like to hear that live god lp...

the God remix one you said you had, what's that ? who remixed them ? I've never heard of that one....oooh.[/quote']

Remix CD was "Appeal to Human Greed".

Look here - http://www.godflesh.com/projects/god.html

Remixes were by -

lumberjacks - goldteeth

kevin shields - tunnel

justin broadrick - on all fours

bill laswell - bloodstream

k-mart - bloodstream