aberdeen-music

One down...

Guest tv tanned

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do to stop the guilty parties then? And i didn't actually accuse you of racial hatred' date=' i didn't even know you were catholic so stop making assumptions yourself.[/quote']

Your reasoning seemed to be that if i was Celtic fan i was automatically guilty of racial hatred. I don't do anything to stop the guilty parties not because i am guilty of racial hatred or am evil or anything but because i'm selfish and lazy.

We are all equal therefore he (the BNP guy in question) is no better or worse a person than you or me because of his beliefs.

But i (and obviously many others) find his views despicible and, as this is nothing more than a matter of opinion, i consider a much worse person than me. I don't advocate the ill treatment of people based on characteristics they cannot change and which have no bearing on how good or bad a person they are, such as race. If i hate a person i hate them as an individual for their ill-deeds, not because they were born in another country or are of a different ethnicity. Surely, you consider yourself a better person than Hitler?

But i (and obviously many others) find his views despicible and' date=' as this is nothing more than a matter of opinion, i consider a much worse person than me. I don't advocate the ill treatment of people based on characteristics they cannot change and which have no bearing on how good or bad a person they are, such as race. If i hate a person i hate them as an individual for their ill-deeds, not because they were born in another country or are of a different ethnicity. Surely, you consider yourself a better person than Hitler?[/quote']

I totally agree with you there. That is the best post i've read on this thread. And that basically follows how i feel in general. I would however never wish death or be glad someone had died just because of how they lived their life.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
We are all equal therefore he (the BNP guy in question) is no better or worse a person than you or me because of his beliefs.

That would be those beliefs he used to encourage people to commit race-hate crimes, then. As far as I know, you've never done that. Therefore, that makes you a better person than he was.

If you interpret it this way, Phil is professing a more Christian viewpoint than others on this thread. If you are religious, a golden rule is to forgive others who do wrong. Therefore I don't think he should be abused for that (if that's what is really meant). However, by the same ticket, Tyndall will be judged by God, and no doubt found wanting. I personally won't be shedding a tear.

If you interpret it this way' date=' Phil is professing a more Christian viewpoint than others on this thread. If you are religious, a golden rule is to forgive others who do wrong. Therefore I don't think he should be abused for that (if that's what is really meant). However, by the same ticket, Tyndall will be judged by God, and no doubt found wanting. I personally won't be shedding a tear.[/quote']

It's not about forgiveness tho. Phil is claiming that because we might also hate some people this man is no worse than any of us. I admit that if i was a better christian i be able to forgive the man.

If you three can honestly say that then good on you. Much respect to all three of you. But Jimmy Jazz' date=' ur a celtic fan right? The majority of people who support Celtic and Rangers are Catholic and Protestant respectively, and there is an underlying element of religious hatred and sectarianism in the support of both. By supporting the team and what its supporters stand for are you not advocating this yourself, or do you turn a blind eye?

Jake, you are predjudice toward people who like 'Emo' (thats a culture btw) and also people who are racists (while their opinions might not be right in your opinion, it doesn't automatically mean that they are wrong- for the record i'm not agreeing that racist opinions are right)

Hope that clears that up.[/quote']

im from a cathlic family, and i hold absolutly no grudge about protestants, (i dont even know the differents) and im sure alot of celtic/rangers fans feel the same way,(its just an exuse to throw stuff at each other.

im sure the emo things a joke

We are all equal therefore he (the BNP guy in question) is no better or worse a person than you or me because of his beliefs. If you believe otherwise your as guilty as you claim him to be.

you'd better change your shovel, I think you've worn that one down to the shaft.

this is the most singularly stupid and pointless argument I've ever seen someone keep up.

edited because I can't spell very well at 12.00 am

I didn't say i liked the guy. I just don't wish another person was dead or profess to be glad that someone has died' date=' cause in my mind that wouldn't make me a good person either.[/quote']

this is the thing I am not getting here...

so, if someone is a wanker ALIVE, and, they promote hatred, spread lies about races based on no facts what so ever, whoop up morons to follow him and think the same way he does, to further the "cause" of spliting communities, making people enemies purely on skin / creed / religious differences, ....that's BAD.

but, if they are dead, ooops, call of those feelings you had towards them now, he's a nice guy, can't "disrespect" the dead....I do actually wish racist morons would drop like flies, and I don't feel bad about that one bit. and that makes ME as bad as a nazi skin head ?

laughing all the way to the alternative tentacles website......

byeeeeee!

I'm quite surprised at how pious some people are being on here, tbh. I think I'm allowed to be glad that he's gone. Fair enough, I wouldn't go and dance in front of his family's house, but I'm not going to send them a 'sorry for your loss' card either. No-one here is involved to that level, the only way that his death is relevant to me or anyone else here is that one of life's more negative aspects has disappeared. The world would have been better for the last 72 years if he'd never been in it.

this is the thing I am not getting here...

so' date=' if someone is a wanker ALIVE, and, they promote hatred, spread lies about races based on no facts what so ever, whoop up morons to follow him and think the same way he does, to further the "cause" of spliting communities, making people enemies purely on skin / creed / religious differences, ....that's BAD.

but, if they are dead, ooops, call of those feelings you had towards them now, he's a nice guy, can't "disrespect" the dead....I do actually wish racist morons would drop like flies, and I don't feel bad about that one bit. and that makes ME as bad as a nazi skin head ?

laughing all the way to the alternative tentacles website......

byeeeeee!

I know you don't agree with his viewpoint and neither do i, but do you not see that by hating him and then saying that he doesn't have the right to hate someone else you are being hypocritical.

I'm quite surprised at how pious some people are being on here' date=' tbh. I think I'm allowed to be glad that he's gone. Fair enough, I wouldn't go and dance in front of his family's house, but I'm not going to send them a 'sorry for your loss' card either. No-one here is involved to that level, the only way that his death is relevant to me or anyone else here is that one of life's more negative aspects has disappeared. The world would have been better for the last 72 years if he'd never been in it.[/quote']

No, one of life's more negative aspects has not disappeared. Racism will always be present in humankind at some level regardless of however many Nazi and right-wing pillocks die.

Guest tv tanned
I know you don't agree with his viewpoint and neither do i' date=' but do you not see that by hating him and then saying that he doesn't have the right to hate someone else you are being hypocritical.[/quote']

right, but he didn't hate people for the views they espoused, he hated them simply based on the colour of their skin.

Guest bluesxman
No' date=' one of life's more negative aspects has not disappeared. Racism will always be present in humankind at some level regardless of however many Nazi and right-wing pillocks die.[/quote']

Yes, but everytime another one goes, it's a step forward. We can only hope that one day there will not be an easily led member of the younger generation to step in and take their place. The same goes for the aforementioned football teams and their supporters whose bigotry is passed through the generations within a family.

'My dad supports Celtic and hates Protestants, hence I must also do this.'

I don't feel glad or sorry this guy died, he means nothing to me. But i'm glad his twisted view of the world has gone.