aberdeen-music

Why...

Guest tv tanned

Guest MerryChristmas
age for entry to drink is 18

fine for letting underager in - whether you know they are underage or not is very high

going to one of these places without id which you do have to prove that you are over 18 is stupid

I could have done, was it slains, siberia or tks?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has had a drink underage! Hypocrites! But not everyone posts evidence.

i take quite an offence to that

i didnt start drinking till i was 21, and even now its in total moderation

didnt see the point in drinking when i was 16/17 since all i heard was stories of people getting wasted and becoming annoying and agressive.

if anything that was a deterant and it still is to me now

but is it not the case in scotland that all the licence are the same. that you can have over 14s in. i try argue that it must have changed by now to my dad but he is certain that it scotland tis still the same liecning act from like 79 or something. cant remeber the date

jesus, have you been drinking? :p

that post is so hard to read. i'm not normally one to point out people's typo's but that whole post is a typo.

isn't it ultimately upto the manager of the premise's discretion whether he lets underage persons into the premises if his licence permits it? so even if you have a licence allowing them he can ban them anyway(and quite reasonably). don't you need an entertainment licence or food licence to allow over 14's in?

Guest tv tanned
don't you need an entertainment licence or food licence to allow over 14's in?

Speaking of typos Dave, that would probably make sense if it read 'under 18s' rather than 'over 14s' since technically you and I are over 14, and ain't no lack of food and entertainment licence stopping us!!!

if I remember my scotvec modern studies (young people and the law) correctly, which I probably don't, over 14s (while still being under 18) are not allowed to being the vicinity of the bar. so they can sit in a lounge/restaurant area and consume alcohol (beer, wine, cider) with food or just have soft drinks. However I don't believe this includes nightclubs, and unless the club gets it set in the terms of it's licence then no-one under 18 is allowed in.

That's just if I remember correctly.

Speaking of typos Dave' date=' that would probably make sense if it read 'under 18s' rather than 'over 14s' since technically you and I are over 14, and ain't no lack of food and entertainment licence stopping us!!![/quote']

no it works better as over 14's because no matter what the licence there isn't a 12 year old in the land who would get in on his own. over 18's are assumed to be allowed in the context of this thread surely.

and anyway that's a not a typo but more a matter of opinion on the phrasing. :)

Guest tv tanned
no it works better as over 14's because no matter what the licence there isn't a 12 year old in the land who would get in on his own. over 18's are assumed to be allowed in the context of this thread surely.

and anyway that's a not a typo but more a matter of opinion on the phrasing. :)

I've been out-done in the pedantry stakes!

*dies*

...are people who are blatantly underage posting long stories of their drunken escapades in some of Aberdeen's pubs and clubs' date=' and then posting gallery pictures as documentary evidence, complete with comments like 'Is that you in the bassment?' 'lol, yeh i was wasted'?!?!

Is it just me, or does that seem like a rather silly thing to be doing?[/quote']

I'll definately agree with you on that one

ah but, i've found that because i was a lairy drunk as a kid(taken home by the police at age 13 etc) i've mellowed a lot as an older drinker. to an extent anyway. either way getting so drunk that i spew everywhere has no appeal to me anymore as i've done it all before i was 18.

ah but' date=' i've found that because i was a lairy drunk as a kid(taken home by the police at age 13 etc) i've mellowed a lot as an older drinker. to an extent anyway. either way getting so drunk that i spew everywhere has no appeal to me anymore as i've done it all before i was 18.[/quote']

I agree, I've never been a massive drinker but my drinking peaked in my early teen years and now I don't get much pleasure out of going into clubs and getting bladdered, I'm more of a 'quiet pint at the pub' man now. I've gone from about 15 to 45 and I'm a lot better for it.

ah but' date=' i've found that because i was a lairy drunk as a kid(taken home by the police at age 13 etc) i've mellowed a lot as an older drinker. to an extent anyway. either way getting so drunk that i spew everywhere has no appeal to me anymore as i've done it all before i was 18.[/quote']

I swear we get younger every time you tell that story. Anyway it was 14, not 13.

no we weren't' date=' we were in second year so surely we were 13? that's how i've always remembered it anyway.[/quote']

but we weren't in second year, I didn't start going out until 3rd year, and this incident happened a year before I got taken home for a second time when I was 15.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I only drank at parties before I was old enough to go out into town, save a couple of occaisions. I guess I just thought it was sad to pretend to be older than I really was. If anything, I wanted to be younger at that age!

• 3 weeks later...

The thing that really annoys me is when an underager gets ID'd and then they get pissed off about it. I have a mate that used to get really angry about it and I always thought "Well, you're not 18, so what right do you have to get in there? Go grow up." She hasn't really grown up, but she's over 18 now, so those escapades are over.