aberdeen-music

Why...

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

...are people who are blatantly underage posting long stories of their drunken escapades in some of Aberdeen's pubs and clubs, and then posting gallery pictures as documentary evidence, complete with comments like 'Is that you in the bassment?' 'lol, yeh i was wasted'?!?!

Is it just me, or does that seem like a rather silly thing to be doing?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned
one may appeal to common sense' date=' but in aberdeen it doesnt really apply..it does and always has had an inordinate number of underage teens out in town when it's long past their bedtime.[/quote']

No no, you misunderstand

By all means let them go out if they feel they must.

But posting evidence when the owners and staff members use the boards seems, well, thick.

Guest bluesxman

I was out for a few beers with my younger band mate a couple months ago and he tried to take me to the RGU and I was refused entry for having no photo ID. I'm 33. :moody:

No no' date=' you misunderstand

By all means let them go out if they feel they must.

But posting evidence when the owners and staff members use the boards seems, well, thick.[/quote']

it is stupid but it's hardly been stopped

considering that barstaff and workers of certain venues post here i find it sad that nothing is done about it

even worse when i found out that some of them knew people were underage and sold drinks to them anyway because they are friends

Guest tv tanned
it is stupid but it's hardly been stopped

considering that barstaff and workers of certain venues post here i find it sad that nothing is done about it

even worse when i found out that some of them knew people were underage and sold drinks to them anyway because they are friends

well, they really should take an interest because they can be sacked by their boss, or worse charged by the police if they get busted.

The owners can also lose their license or be forced to operate under restrictions if caught.

Serious stuff really.

I was out for a few beers with my younger band mate a couple months ago and he tried to take me to the RGU and I was refused entry for having no photo ID. I'm 33. :moody:

Possibly due to that fact that it's a private club and non-members need photographic proof of ID, rather than just age. I'm not sure but I'm guessing that'll be it.

Guest tv tanned
Possibly due to that fact that it's a private club and non-members need photographic proof of ID' date=' rather than just age. I'm not sure but I'm guessing that'll be it.[/quote']

that's pretty much it exactly.

Guest MerryChristmas

Nobody should expect to get into a place which is meant to serve over 18s without ID, thats just stupid, they ask for ID so they can prove your age. If you are over age and dont have ID then it is your own fault and you should feel stupid

Nobody should expect to get into a place which is meant to serve over 18s without ID' date=' thats just stupid, they ask for ID so they can prove your age. If you are over age and dont have ID then it is your own fault and you should feel stupid[/quote']

yeh your right when im 60 and fancy a pint ill make sure to pick up my I.D card (by that time im sure we wil have them) just incase the bouncer doesnt believe im over age..........

Guest bluesxman
Nobody should expect to get into a place which is meant to serve over 18s without ID' date=' thats just stupid, they ask for ID so they can prove your age. If you are over age and dont have ID then it is your own fault and you should feel stupid[/quote']

Yeah OK. Imbecile.

Guest tv tanned
Yes indeed' date=' and the main offenders are good friends with workers of these said establishments. Very naughty. I'd love to bust underagers asses.[/quote']

Well, if I were the owner/licensee of an establishment, and I was alerted to picture evidence, and testimony, of underagers drinking in my bar/club and being served knowingly by my staff, then I would be issuing door staff with pictures of the offenders, and disciplining the staff responsible.

Unless, of course, I didn't care about my license being in jeopardy

There is no greater satisfaction I can get at work than IDing an underage kid. Especially amusing if I know them and they think I'll serve them just because we're kinda friends. I am not risking getting personally fined something like 1000 just because they know my name.

Guest MerryChristmas
Yeah OK. Imbecile.

What would you prefer if you were working? let a few scrawny underagers in and face a huge fine and losing your livelihood, or not let them in?

I know what I would do

Guest MerryChristmas
yeh your right when im 60 and fancy a pint ill make sure to pick up my I.D card (by that time im sure we wil have them) just incase the bouncer doesnt believe im over age..........

There is a difference, over 60s look over 18

I have some friends in their 30s and 40s who still get IDd

I got IDd in espionage last night, pulled out my drivers license and all was good

There is no greater satisfaction I can get at work than IDing an underage kid. Especially amusing if I know them and they think I'll serve them just because we're kinda friends. I am not risking getting personally fined something like 1000 just because they know my name.

it does feel great. but only when i dont know them. i hate being in the situation of knowing underagers who want to drink. i was ok in the last job cause i was at uni so there were only two people i knew who werent 18. and i just told them i wouldnt serve them but wasnt going to grass them up. but im glad ive not been working in drummonds on a couple of occasions when a certain group of underages have been there. cause i know they hate me for rejecying them. whats worse is when you know someone is 18 and they're buying a drink for an underager as well as themself. its hard sometimes to say you can only serve them one drink... and they'll just come back again and cause they're 18 i cant do anything